City v Swans post match thread

Getting late wins against the odds and all that is definitely a trait to be admired, but every now and then. For us it's becoming the norm as these players struggle to put together a coherent performance over 90 minutes and get the job done before we are in the final 4 minutes of the game.

And for the record, happy clappers = cunts.

No, you're missing the point spectacularly like everyone else who's gone down that route tonight.
We wasn't very good today, we haven't been great bar the second half midweek for a good month. We've managed to get results which is the main thing but to gloss over it with posts like yours are a waste of time.
Discuss the game if you want but fuck off with the 'people aren't happy unless they're moaning' shite.

This!

It's not moaning for fucks sake. It's pointing out where we think there might have been problems, which there were a few.
Happy clappers are a fucking waste of time on a discussion board.

Ain't no happy clapper, bud. I reckon this was a very difficult game, dire as many before and as many will without a doubt. But glad with the fucking three points and top of the fucking league.

It's just I'm fucking tired of the fucking moaners fucking moaning fucking winning fucking drawing or fucking losing.

Can't we moan about moaners?

For all those who want to fall out, please remember that we are really struggling to name a team of 11 right now.

We were pretty dreadful today, slow, poor passing, didn't tackle, no pressing etc etc, but we are currently managing a first team squad that is threadbare, such that we named Roberts on the bench who hasn't been fit for 4 weeks. Silva clearly isn't fit, the manager said De Bruyne couldn't do 90 minutes, Sagna is knackered, and running on empty, Fernandhino ran a bloody marathon midweek, it showed today, and he was still one of our better players.

I really don't think many appreciate how threadbare we currently are, and please don't say that Maffeo, and Garcia are the answer, they're not, not in this position, we need to blood them carefully, today wasn't the day, given the conditions.

Ultimately we did a " 'nited" and got three points while playing shite, returning (for now) to the top, interestingly 'nited couldn't manage that, so cheer the f*ck up blues.

Watched the game back earlier and we were not so bad, played some nice stuff at times and largely controlled the game.

I guess the tension of watching the game live distorts your view.

City were very poor and lucky to beat a Swansea team that played for their ex-manager.

But we were clearly tired. Silva had 65 minutes. De Bruyne didn't start. Kolarov rested. It's obvious why we struggled. We were just going through the motions.

Watched the game back earlier and we were not so bad, played some nice stuff at times and largely controlled the game.

I guess the tension of watching the game live distorts your view.

Trust me we were shit and on another day we could and should have conceeded 6. Joe Hart winning "Man Of The Match" should tell you everything about today.

For all those who want to fall out, please remember that we are really struggling to name a team of 11 right now.

We were pretty dreadful today, slow, poor passing, didn't tackle, no pressing etc etc, but we are currently managing a first team squad that is threadbare, such that we named Roberts on the bench who hasn't been fit for 4 weeks. Silva clearly isn't fit, the manager said De Bruyne couldn't do 90 minutes, Sagna is knackered, and running on empty, Fernandhino ran a bloody marathon midweek, it showed today, and he was still one of our better players.

I really don't think many appreciate how threadbare we currently are, and please don't say that Maffeo, and Garcia are the answer, they're not, not in this position, we need to blood them carefully, today wasn't the day, given the conditions.

Ultimately we did a " 'nited" and got three points while playing shite, returning (for now) to the top, interestingly 'nited couldn't manage that, so cheer the f*ck up blues.
Exactly, and see what happens to Utd when they played kids. We rode our luck, and I do think we were lucky rather than gutsy, but I think its unrealistic to expect City to sweep teams aside after a European tie when there are no players available to rotate.

We need our players back before the Christmas fixtures get underway

We've had a run since mid-September where we've been playing twice a week every week (bar the international breaks) with a squad depleted by injury, including our 3 most important players. It wasn't great today but I didn't think it was terrible. We looked leggy and tired and just weren't sharp today. We weren't moving the ball quickly & Swansea were well organised, which always makes things difficult.

That's not to say there aren't concerns, including the way our defence gets opened up by a simple ball. We seem unable to deal with the diagonal ball played between the full back and centre back and Mangala couldn't even deal with the straight ball played to Gomis and never got on the right side of him. One of the problems is the high line, which leaves lots of space behind the back four, and teams know this.

Watching Swansea in the first half from 109, you could see that their back four was lined up on their 18 yard line and the midfield three were 10 yards in front. That meant we had no room to work in around their goal and it showed. In contrast, in the second half when we were defending the South Stand end, our back four were 20 yards higher up the field, leaving much more room for the opposition.

But in the end, after a difficult period, we came away with 3 points, went back to the top of the table and we now have a good rest before next Monday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.