City v The Big 4

moomba said:
At his best Adebayor is quality. But he seems to pick and choose when he can be bothered. Would be a good signing but I could see it ending in tears in a year or so.

Well knock me down with a fucking feather...another signing under Hughes and Cook which Moomba has his reservations about. You're as transparent as a wet rizla...

moomba said:
At his best Adebayor is quality. But he seems to pick and choose when he can be bothered. Would be a good signing but I could see it ending in tears in a year or so.

Still not sure the Eto'o deal is done anyway.

i'm still praying for Eto'o

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
adebayour is a big step down from eto'o in my opinion. Im not saying he isnt a decent player (he is) but he is no where near as good as eto'o

he doesnt offer us anything different to what rsc offers us....they are very similar in style of play

eto'o style players are what we require and until that happens we will not break the top 5-6 in my opinon

I totally disagree....RSC and Adebayor are totally different types of players...Adebayor plays on the shoulder of the last defender, looking to beat the offside trap...as is witnessed by the vast majority of goals he has scored for Arsenal...RSC is a player who drops deep all the time, holds the ball up, and looks to play people in.

hmmm..but he doesnt really have any pace to which to play in the shoulder of the last defender though......and he is never going to beat a player when running at them....

2 x Mobile main strikers Robinho Tevez
2 x Mobile talented target men Adebayor RSC
3 x Impact forwards Bellers, Boj and Big phil

= top 4 finish

simples ;)

bobmcfc said:
moomba said:

so am i but i think its completely dead...the club wouldnt have come out and released a statement on the official site if it wasnt

simon23 said:
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
adebayour is a big step down from eto'o in my opinion. Im not saying he isnt a decent player (he is) but he is no where near as good as eto'o

he doesnt offer us anything different to what rsc offers us....they are very similar in style of play

eto'o style players are what we require and until that happens we will not break the top 5-6 in my opinon

I totally disagree....RSC and Adebayor are totally different types of players...Adebayor plays on the shoulder of the last defender, looking to beat the offside trap...as is witnessed by the vast majority of goals he has scored for Arsenal...RSC is a player who drops deep all the time, holds the ball up, and looks to play people in.

hmmm..but he doesnt really have any pace to which to play in the shoulder of the last defender though......and he is never going to beat a player when running at them....

Then why are so many of his goals in one on one situations after he's beat the offside trap? I think he is deceptively quick...

The advantage of Adebayour over others is he knows the league and has done it for one the better teams. There is no guarentee that a top forward in other European leagues will automatically do it over here.

simon23 said:
bobmcfc said:
moomba said:

so am i but i think its completely dead...the club wouldnt have come out and released a statement on the official site if it wasnt
they might if they thought it was the only way to get the player and his club to solve their differences

BillyShears said:
simon23 said:
BillyShears said:
simon23 said:

Then why are so many of his goals in one on one situations after he's beat the offside trap? I think he is deceptively quick...

probably more to do with timing than pace

eato said:
2 x Mobile main strikers Robinho Tevez
2 x Mobile talented target men Adebayor RSC
3 x Impact forwards Bellers, Boj and Big phil

= top 4 finish

simples ;)

Average defence - No top 4 finish however that looks like it's going to be sorted out aswell although who we get to make the defence better is still uncertain

Adebayor would be a top signing and while i'd prefer Eto i wouldn't be unhappy if we didn't get him and ended up with Adebayor

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.