City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

Shame for the people who have gone over for this, but im glad its been called off.

I wonder what this does for the players' pre season fitness regimes. I already felt we were maybe a game light in terms of friendlies considering we have CL qualifiers and league games back to back as soon as the season starts. Now this.

With all the travelling, the seeming snails pace transfer business, and now this cancellation it doesn't on the face of it feel like the kind of preparation you'd want going into an important season with a tricky start.

I wonder what this does for the players' pre season fitness regimes. I already felt we were maybe a game light in terms of friendlies considering we have CL qualifiers and league games back to back as soon as the season starts. Now this.

With all the travelling, the seeming snails pace transfer business, and now this cancellation it doesn't on the face of it feel like the kind of preparation you'd want going into an important season with a tricky start.

This is the problem mate. We have to hit the ground running due to our CL qualifiers. I'm hoping we arrange another game to compensate but we're seemingly running out of time.

Reckon Dortmund game will be the same. Pre season will consist of the EDS playing Munich and a panic game against Arsenal.

No bloody excuse for tiredness this year.

I'm more concerned about poor preparation for the new season. Do we only have Dortmund and Arsenal left...maybe we can fit another friendly in somewhere.

i know the management & coaches will know best but pre-season does seem a bit thin this summer, might they push for an extra game ahead of Arsenal?

This is the problem mate. We have to hit the ground running due to our CL qualifiers. I'm hoping we arrange another game to compensate but we're seemingly running out of time.

agree but the team selection that would have been used today would look nothing like the team that will turn up for the qualifiers 'that's' my guess' weve had x amount of players coming back from internationals who are pretty much still fit so were lucky in that respect

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.