City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

It seems like an absolute farce out there, second rate training facilities in over 90 degree heat, amateur press conference setup , no grass on the pitch that we were due to play on, only sold half of the tickets....

How much are we being paid for this massive inconvenience to our preparation? Would it compensate us for not qualifying for the CL?

I would imagine that Pep isn't amused in the slightest

The club need to put a stop to these jaunts around the world, especially in the years following the Euro's or World Cup

Pity from the teams preperation point of view. As we are there, not many matches around to prepare and another missed opportunity for some youngsters to prove themselves. Also I like to believe preperations were focused on two matches in China, so last minute changes in training isn't exactly great, never mind the ineffective journey to Beijing.
You can argue they shouldn't do these long trips, but besides the money it's a rewards for the people living over there to see these teams live. Without Asia the PL tv-deal would have looked a lot different.

Glad it's off. Potential for some ankle ligament injuries right there.

CoMosIeXEAIJ0tx.jpg

Not a lost cause there though, some pics have been out on the two kits being launched in an event of sort and them going round Great Wall. Away kit looks good on Aguero.

I'm glad this isn't happening. The players could all try not to get over excited but it's still City v rags & it only needs one incident, such as City scoring, to spark it off then we've got rags jumping at our ankles late when passing the ball around in shit conditions. Recipe for disaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.