City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

This season was going to be a big enough challenge without starting with a half fit squad.

Champions ?.........not at this rate !!
We could have played Tranmere, Chester, and Port Vale, it wouldn't have made us champions either.

I'm sure that the players have been training hard, and will be more than fit enough. As for too much travelling, they'll have made 2 long haul flights, with their own personal cabin, and they'll have 2 weeks to recover, I'm sure they'll cope.

I would imgine that they will also play a couple of 'behind closed doors friendlies' when they return.

My biggest concern about the tsart of the season, is that players that might be starting, aren't even with the club yet, and they will need time to integrate into the squad, and I don't think being in China is affecting that.

We could have played Tranmere, Chester, and Port Vale, it wouldn't have made us champions either.

I'm sure that the players have been training hard, and will be more than fit enough. As for too much travelling, they'll have made 2 long haul flights, with their own personal cabin, and they'll have 2 weeks to recover, I'm sure they'll cope.

I would imgine that they will also play a couple of 'behind closed doors friendlies' when they return.

My biggest concern about the tsart of the season, is that players that might be starting, aren't even with the club yet, and they will need time to integrate into the squad, and I don't think being in China is affecting that.

Kev isn't even back from holiday yet,Kun & several others haven't kicked a ball in anger & Vin,Zab & Guna will not be fit for the start.
It could get messy on here !!

Kev isn't even back from holiday yet,Kun & several others haven't kicked a ball in anger & Vin,Zab & Guna will not be fit for the start.
It could get messy on here !!
None of that has anything to do with the trip to China, they'll be back involved next week unless injured, and I'm sure they'll be involved in some games, whether made public or not.

None of that has anything to do with the trip to China, they'll be back involved next week unless injured, and I'm sure they'll be involved in some games, whether made public or not.

I hope your optimistic view turns out right Cleavers...I really want to be Champions this season & put the cocky rags back in their box.

Watching the training video today, why didn't we just play it on the pitch we trained on? looked decent too me.

Exactly and it happened around the late 90's when we were to play 3 games and came home after one due to Monsoon season. Ended up playing at Scarborough instead (I was there!)
It was July 1996 and we had just been relegated - We were scheduled to play 3 games and only managed one (Tianjin beat us on penalties and it was fixed as the winning team won a car) the two other matches were cancelled due to heavy rains - only 12 of us had gone over for the pre-season - its a bit different now with all our success - Alan Ball was manager and the team were just glad to be going home as they were put up in "Government Hotels" as back then you had to be invited over......... the good old days hey!

Perhaps the novelty of watching PL teams play meaningless games at walking pace, with most of the best players missing and multiple substitutions is wearing off? You can fool some of the people all of the time....

I do wonder whether clubs embark on these trips every year mainly because their rivals do. Its the fear of being left behind that drives the crazy schedule. Why don't City, United, Liverpool etc get together and agree a protocol? As a starting point agree that these trips will only take place in non WC/Euro summers?
Fuck these trips off full stop! Our global reach is only going to grown in one way and one way only; winning the CL. Fuck pre-season US and Far East trips off, they do us no good and why do they want to watch 50% effort EDS games with the odd first teamer thrown in anyway? They I'll only be disappointed and won't remember it in a few years time. Whereas seeing is win the CL will grab their attention.

It's absolutely brainless and one of the reasons I have little to no faith in Soriarsehole & Begiriwankstain.

This should have been done next May, at the end of the season, when the weather there wouldn't be as bad and there are no international tournaments. Then everyone can have a nice little wind-down and holiday while playing a few exhibition matches before having a good rest.

We've got a new manager who needs game time with his squad, many of whom have just played in the Copa America or Euros. Instead of flying halfway round the world, we should have stayed in Europe, played 6 or 7 games of varying difficulty then we'd be tuned up and ready to go.

It's utterly idiotic.
Correct!

We deserve another injury nightmare. It is utterly idiotic and puts our management team in a very bad light.

The only mitigation is that other clubs do it as well but that doesn't make it right.
No, it just shows that nobody at the top has s clue in this sport. None of them are getting it right. Pre-season should be about preparing your team for the season ahead, ONLY! Is there one team out there that actually does that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.