City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

It's absolutely brainless and one of the reasons I have little to no faith in Soriarsehole & Begiriwankstain.

This should have been done next May, at the end of the season, when the weather there wouldn't be as bad and there are no international tournaments. Then everyone can have a nice little wind-down and holiday while playing a few exhibition matches before having a good rest.

We've got a new manager who needs game time with his squad, many of whom have just played in the Copa America or Euros. Instead of flying halfway round the world, we should have stayed in Europe, played 6 or 7 games of varying difficulty then we'd be tuned up and ready to go.

It's utterly idiotic.

It's absolutely brainless and one of the reasons I have little to no faith in Soriarsehole & Begiriwankstain.

This should have been done next May, at the end of the season, when the weather there wouldn't be as bad and there are no international tournaments. Then everyone can have a nice little wind-down and holiday while playing a few exhibition matches before having a good rest.

We've got a new manager who needs game time with his squad, many of whom have just played in the Copa America or Euros. Instead of flying halfway round the world, we should have stayed in Europe, played 6 or 7 games of varying difficulty then we'd be tuned up and ready to go.

It's utterly idiotic.
Prestwich Blue having another go at the management... #AsNightFollowsDay

Prestwich Blue having another go at the management... #AsNightFollowsDay
So you think this trip was a wonderful idea? And it's great management that people have been allowed to renew their seats in 126 then been told they're not going to be allowed to sit in those seats?

Their priorities are money, money, money, football, fans in that order.

If I'd have travelled for the game as many did from all over that part of the world...I'd have been delighted with some united-City "activities" as a substitute for a proper game of football in the stadium. Crossbar challenges, football tennis, etc. Itd have involved the same players for the same time and had minimum risk.

I feel both teams' fans were just left in a vacuum - of was something really put on for them?

It is good to think of something like this for the loyal fans who did travel but injuries will happen on a bad surface, wether it's a full on competitive game, a friendly, or just a warm up/exhibition.

Also, I'd imagine if the match was called off then the stadium was never even opened - no access.

Maybe some complimenntary merchandise or something would be an idea, or a personalised letter from VK with an acknowledgment of the fans' support.

When organising these things there should be a number of contingencies prepared I think. And if possible advertise them so the fans know.

Then fans deserve some effort IMO.

It's utterly idiotic.
We deserve another injury nightmare. It is utterly idiotic and puts our management team in a very bad light.

The only mitigation is that other clubs do it as well but that doesn't make it right.

When organising these things there should be a number of contingencies prepared I think. And if possible advertise them so the fans know.

Then fans deserve some effort IMO.
The players come first. If it is not optimal, then the season we have will be sub-optimal and the fans will suffer then.

I'd rather the team stay for a month in a pre-season camp locked away from the fans and the outside world

The players come first. If it is not optimal, then the season we have will be sub-optimal and the fans will suffer then.

I'd rather the team stay for a month in a pre-season camp locked away from the fans and the outside world
I would definitely prefer a preseason closer to home. Or like the US one that went so well years ago.

But I think there is room to do it right when far away if it's planned out perfectly. We should hire a few event planners that leave nothing to chance, ensure that the player's safety and well being are the top priority while also respecting the fans who are paying a lot of money for the once in a blue moon opportunity to see their heros in the flesh.

If we don't do these far off preseasons right then we shouldn't even entertain trying again.

BTW I'm hoping that us having so few friendlies isn't necessarily a bad thing. Our squad is good enough (I hope) that internal games are just as good. stepping into the unknown though.

I would definitely prefer a preseason closer to home. Or like the US one that went so well years ago.

But I think there is room to do it right when far away if it's planned out perfectly. We should hire a few event planners that leave nothing to chance, ensure that the player's safety and well being are the top priority while also respecting the fans who are paying a lot of money for the once in a blue moon opportunity to see their heros in the flesh.

If we don't do these far off preseasons right then we shouldn't even entertain trying again.

BTW I'm hoping that us having so few friendlies isn't necessarily a bad thing. Our squad is good enough (I hope) that internal games are just as good. stepping into the unknown though.
The point is not the missed pre-season friendly but the training in high humidity and the travel. Everything should revolve around football preparation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.