City v United Beijing friendly pre match - CANCELLED

So you think this trip was a wonderful idea? And it's great management that people have been allowed to renew their seats in 126 then been told they're not going to be allowed to sit in those seats?

Their priorities are money, money, money, football, fans in that order.
So, you think we should spend £200M on 3/4 players but shouldn't be using commercial tie-ins to generate cash? The biggest area of underperformance of this club, when compared to the likes of the Rags, Arsenal, Madrid, Munich, Dortmund and Barcelona is match day income. So I suppose the club could tell the Chinese to do one and double the prices in the stadium or just tell Pep to get on with it, there's no more signings?

3/4 years of compromises while we wait for Pep,before the most competitive PL in history & we undermine our prospects with a ludicrous moneymaking /brand tour during the ANNUAL RAINY SEASON in China.

Do we never learn. Remember the ABU DHABI tour when we returned the day before the Middlesboro cup game & capitulated!!

I utterly despair sometimes. This season was going to be a big enough challenge without starting with a half fit squad.

Champions ?.........not at this rate !!

3/4 years of compromises while we wait for Pep,before the most competitive PL in history & we undermine our prospects with a ludicrous moneymaking /brand tour during the ANNUAL RAINY SEASON in China.

Do we never learn. Remember the ABU DHABI tour when we returned the day before the Middlesboro cup game & capitulated!!

I utterly despair sometimes. This season was going to be a big enough challenge without starting with a half fit squad.

Champions ?.........not at this rate !!
i feel i have to remind some of you that that scottish twat and his band of rags have been doing this for years and it has had no affect on them.

So, you think we should spend £200M on 3/4 players but shouldn't be using commercial tie-ins to generate cash? The biggest area of underperformance of this club, when compared to the likes of the Rags, Arsenal, Madrid, Munich, Dortmund and Barcelona is match day income. So I suppose the club could tell the Chinese to do one and double the prices in the stadium or just tell Pep to get on with it, there's no more signings?
Anything we make on these trips is negligible in the overall scheme of things to be honest but I don't have a problem with using commercial tie ins or promoting the City brand and those of our partners. I recognise the importance of these things in the modern football commercial environment.

But if we want to do them, then let's at least plan them properly, with the long trips taking place after the season (when there's obviously no WC or Euros/Copa America) and when the Far East isn't in the typhoon/monsoon season.

Which is more important overall to the club - a couple of million in the bank but being inadequately prepared for what is going to be a crucial season or having good preparation on good standard pitches against an appropriate standard of opponent without long haul travel?

With our turnover for the last financial year expected to be around the £400m level with an estimated £50m increase to come this season from the new TV deal, do we really need to sacrifice preparation time and risk injury and a poor start to the season for the sake of maybe £5m (if that)?

The plan should be that in international tournament years like this one or 2018 we spend pre-season close to home (UK/Europe). We can then do these long trips in May. Or do them pre-season in seasons where there's been no international tournaments the season before and do them in late June/early July and players have been off since May.

Anything we make on these trips is negligible in the overall scheme of things to be honest but I don't have a problem with using commercial tie ins or promoting the City brand and those of our partners. I recognise the importance of these things in the modern football commercial environment.

But if we want to do them, then let's at least plan them properly, with the long trips taking place after the season (when there's obviously no WC or Euros/Copa America) and when the Far East isn't in the typhoon/monsoon season.

Which is more important overall to the club - a couple of million in the bank but being inadequately prepared for what is going to be a crucial season or having good preparation on good standard pitches against an appropriate standard of opponent without long haul travel?

With our turnover for the last financial year expected to be around the £400m level with an estimated £50m increase to come this season from the new TV deal, do we really need to sacrifice preparation time and risk injury and a poor start to the season for the sake of maybe £5m (if that)?

The plan should be that in international tournament years like this one or 2018 we spend pre-season close to home (UK/Europe). We can then do these long trips in May. Or do them pre-season in seasons where there's been no international tournaments the season before and do them in late June/early July and players have been off since May.
I get all that but it might well have been a precondition to the Chinese investment?

Let's all see where we are at the end of the season.

I think we've been a combined total of 27 ? Points adrift of winning the PL in the last 2 seasons !!
That was Pelligrini, we now have Pep, so yes lets wait and see, i am of the opinion will will be there in it until the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.