City v United FA Cup Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v United FA Cup Thread

GerBlueBear said:
Anyone else feeling that with Yaya gone & Barry suspended that Zabaleta could step in to midfield?

He could provide extra defensive support with De Jong which would allow Milner to push forward and the full backs to create plenty of width. They could form a midfield 3 with an attacking trio picked from the following 5 - Aguero/Dzeko/Silva/Nasri/AJ

If I had to choose....

--------------Hart
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Kolarov
-----Zabaleta------DeJong
--------------Milner
Silva--------Aguero------Nasri

Please NO one-striker formation....ever again :-)

Seriously - I've learned this season that we struggle mightily with one striker up front (pick any game we played in that formation).

Part of the reason is that none of our three strikers are excelling in that role, they are all better when partnered up with someone.

This will completely misread - but Tevez WAS our best lone-striker in a long time. We have to play with TWO. We have to. It's more fun to watch anyway :-)

Re: Would you take a draw on Sunday?

Weird question no one in their right mind would want a draw and an extra game. Maybe if it was at OT but it's not.

FantasyIreland said:
--------------Hart--------------
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
-----Milner------DeJong
Nasri-----Silva-----Aguero
---------Dzeko--------------

Why some of you are 'resting' Clichy is beyond me?? Kolarov should be no where near the first team in a game of this magnitude.

I prefer our pace with Clichy, but didn't we beat United in the semi final at Wembley with Kolarov?

No I don't want a draw for obvious reasons of fixture congestion.

But if we're 1-0 down and pushing on in the last few minutes, be sure I'll be roaring us on to equalise.

no, could do with Wigan drawing though so our match against them gets moved back to a saturday

All of you saying no would presumably be happy if with the game meandering to a 0-0 draw the rags score an injury time winner.

Hurrah no replay, well played Wayne, great goal.

Daft question

Neither team is at full strength, it's interesting that it would be a derby when we first see a world without Yaya.

Both Dzeko and Aguero will need to play I believe, i've never felt we've done well with only one striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.