City v United FA Cup Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Would you take a draw on Sunday?

It's an extra game for both teams, so not fussed in that sense.

But as we're at home, fuck no!

Re: City v United FA Cup Thread

Marvin said:
Toure Brothers should refuse to travel until after the Derby.

They should retire from internationals! That would hit them hard.

UUBlue said:
I'd take a draw. Remember we lost 3-0 last season before beating them in the semi. They have just lost 3-0, so must be favourites. Many other reasons spring to mind:

- they have never lost three in a row
- teams tend to win after a 0-3 defeat
- Rooney is due to return to form
- they are still smarting after the 1-6
- we have no Yaya
- we have no Barry
- we have no Kolo
- we have Lescott

A draw and then the opportunity to play them again at their place later in the month would give us the chance to win the tie, as some of the above factors would no longer apply.

We have a great opportunity to win everything this season, and it is crucial we win the replay.

This is almost as ridiculous as the original question.

Does the OP know it's a cup game? As in we'd have to play yet another game in an already hectic month?

look at it this way
they are our only serious rivals for the prem title race, right?
if it goes to a replay they would be more harder pressed to cope with it then we would
thereby enhancing our chances in the league title race ,correct ??

FantasyIreland said:
--------------Hart--------------
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Clichy
-----Milner------DeJong
Nasri-----Silva-----Aguero
---------Dzeko--------------

Why some of you are 'resting' Clichy is beyond me?? Kolarov should be no where near the first team in a game of this magnitude.

I think this will be pretty close to the starting line up. Kolarov can come in against Liverpool..

if we werent playing liverpool 3 times this heavily congested month id say yes, because id get a derby ticket for OT. but thats purely me being selfish of course.

So with ballotelli and yaya out that will mean either nasri or johnson will play, do you think we will see either davante cole or Hiwula on the bench as we have no other attackers?

Have I missed something here? Who exactly pays the Toure brother's wages? Should NOT be allowed to pull this shite smack bang in the middle of our season. Does nobody any good and will put the European clubs off buying African players at this rate. Two years ago we not only lost Adebayor for weeks on end, he never recovered his form when he came back.
Very short sighted of the Ivory Coast. Hope they get hammered by every team they play.

No way!
This is a great chance to stamp our authority over them.
We must not lose sight of the fact we will be playing them again at the Etihad in the prem and must not give them a glimmer of hope.
They must be shitting themselves at the prospect of being embarrassed again.
Must not let them on the hook.
A win is imperative and another bad defeat will just add to the pressure on SAF.
We have a great chance to inflict massive pain.
I just pray we do.

I can't get over the strangeness of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.