City v United FA Cup Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bigger game for us or them?

TrueBlueSte said:
do they as a club, need the win more than we do on sunday?

no question

which I think will play into our hands. A team coming to attack at the Etihad and not parking the bus will be best for us.

First derby I can remember when a loss could be claimed as being beneficial to either team. We all know that's bullshit but whoever loses will be able to concentrate on the league and you can bet the losing manager will focus on this rather than the defeat.
After the 6-1, on current form, and with so many questions being asked about them. This is a far bigger game for them imo.

Bigger game for us or them?

An important game for us to win I think as this game will tell us how we cope without some of our key players. I would take a draw though and thrash them 6 nil at OT!

stony said:
First derby I can remember when a loss could be claimed as being beneficial to either team. We all know that's bullshit but whoever loses will be able to concentrate on the league and you can bet the losing manager will focus on this rather than the defeat.
After the 6-1, on current form, and with so many questions being asked about them. This is a far bigger game for them imo.

Personally if someone offered me a win over them on sunday or the 3 points against wigan i'd take the latter..

I'm looking at the bigger picture,just want the league so much..

Re: City v United FA Cup Thread

Hart
Richards
Kompany
Lescott
Clichy

Milner
De Jong

Silva
Johnson
Nasri/ Balotelli (if fit)

Aguero

Definitely not Dzeko for a game as important as this.
2-1 City win.

The cookie monster said:
stony said:

Personally if someone offered me a win over them on sunday or the 3 points against wigan i'd take the latter..

^^This

I'd love to beat them of course, and do a clean sweep, but I'm obssessed with the league this year, I'd rather win the league and nothing else than do a clean sweep of the cups

I think its more important for us from the standpoint of putting a proverbial nail in the coffin of rag dominance.

Them losing 3 on the bounce for the first time in 10 years or whatever is a big deal, and I would love it to be City that does it. They beat us on Sunday and its back to the old chestnut of "we put you back in your place" blah de fucking blah.

There is no putting us back in our place, lets fucking show em that on Sunday blues.

casualdeyna said:
The cookie monster said:
stony said:

^^This

I'd love to beat them of course, and do a clean sweep, but I'm obssessed with the league this year, I'd rather win the league and nothing else than do a clean sweep of the cups

thing is though, even if we drop points v wigan, we can and probably will still win the league.
but if we lose sunday thats it. if we wer to win sunday that would be a huge step to retaining our cup!

i agree tho, league is priority, but me being a greedy git , i want a league and fa cup double

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.