City v United ticket info

It's not being selfish mate. The club has the points system to reward those who have done the outlay over the years. Also it is not extra admin work. We have things called computers now a days. Infact it would be no different than applying for a euro away via Thomas Cook. You apply. If it comes down to your points money taken from account. Ticket issued. Not enough points no money taken

A similar problem is people with sufficient points who buy tickets with no intention of going but merely getting them for friends and family who don't have enough points. It's always going to be open to abuse but I think the system we have is, on the whole, fair.

I think he's got a legitimate point regarding the away derby - always plenty of regular faces but others not so familiar as well. The reference to the Plzen game is an odd one though - I didn't go but a match like that is one for the avid die-hards and not one you'd expect too many, if any, JCLs to attend.

Plzen was an odd experience precisely because it wasn’t full of the avid die hards who had attended virtually every game, home and away, since the birth of the points system (pretty difficult, but highly impressive if you were aged 11 in 2003, but ten years later boasted 15,000 loyalty points, and still passed all your exams)
No, despite the 600 tickets selling out within a couple of hours, there were still plenty of younger City fans who obviously knew somebody, who knew somebody etc etc.
I don’t have a problem with this, and I actually agree with Compulsive Rambler (albeit not so aggressively) that no system is perfect, and the current one is as good as any.
I know for a fact that United don’t hold a monopoly on deceased Seasoncard holders, so listing Loyalty Points might cause some embarrassment. Also, after buying a ticket, how can you prove that you actually attended the game?
However, after digesting all the posts, it still comes down to the Old Trafford derby, and how many of the original allocation actually reach the supporters.

One thing that does irritate me is when the club announce that a game has sold out and you later discover that they sent back some of the allocation. Last season I missed the game at Southampton, because despite being eligible, I was waiting till payday before buying a ticket.

Plzen was an odd experience precisely because it wasn’t full of the avid die hards who had attended virtually every game, home and away, since the birth of the points system (pretty difficult, but highly impressive if you were aged 11 in 2003, but ten years later boasted 15,000 loyalty points, and still passed all your exams)
No, despite the 600 tickets selling out within a couple of hours, there were still plenty of younger City fans who obviously knew somebody, who knew somebody etc etc.
I don’t have a problem with this, and I actually agree with Compulsive Rambler (albeit not so aggressively) that no system is perfect, and the current one is as good as any.
I know for a fact that United don’t hold a monopoly on deceased Seasoncard holders, so listing Loyalty Points might cause some embarrassment. Also, after buying a ticket, how can you prove that you actually attended the game?
However, after digesting all the posts, it still comes down to the Old Trafford derby, and how many of the original allocation actually reach the supporters.

One thing that does irritate me is when the club announce that a game has sold out and you later discover that they sent back some of the allocation. Last season I missed the game at Southampton, because despite being eligible, I was waiting till payday before buying a ticket.

Soton was open sale for 6 days last season before selling out and took 2,488 which I imagine is the full allocation? If City do send them back it is because they haven't got them on sale or return and the sales are poor.

I think he's got a legitimate point regarding the away derby - always plenty of regular faces but others not so familiar as well. The reference to the Plzen game is an odd one though - I didn't go but a match like that is one for the avid die-hards and not one you'd expect too many, if any, JCLs to attend.
Plzen was full of the normal blues. blues that go all over. counld't have been many jcl's we didn't get enough tickets as it was.

Think the only tweek that could possibly done is 10 year rolling points. Also expect the Derby at the Swamp to sell out a 1000 points more that laast season. If you take it to fact the points you get for renewal/cup schemes

Plzen wasn’t full of JCL’s.

It was however littered with fans who didn’t have the required number of points, but knew somebody who did. (which I believe was my original point)
This is why listing the points for every supporter wouldn't make any difference unless there was some way of proving that the person who bought the ticket actually went to the game.

There was an away game (Timisoara rings a bell) where we had to show our travel plans, but I think that had something to do with the tickets only costing £5, and the Ticket Office being worried that everyone would buy a ticket just for the loyalty points.

Returning to the original thread, I can think of at least a dozen City fans who refuse to attend a game at the swamp, but go virtually everywhere else. I also know plenty who do all the Premier League games, but can't afford the time off work for the european away fixtures?
So let's not be naive about what they do when the tickets go on sale

forget the points system, that is as fair as can be, it is the clubs that pass tickets on to people like these and yes that includes city, if you have the money you can get in.. don't let anyone tell you that these tickets don't come directly off the clubs because they do http://www.1st4footballtickets.com/...manchester-city-tickets/manchester-18463.html of course because you were talking about united tickets I have clicked on united, but have a look at citys' home fixtures, ever been at an away game and there is a tourist near you with a camera who probably couldn't even tell you the players names, well this is where they get them, sites like this one

Last edited:
The derby at the swamp is early this season, wonder what it'll sell out at?

Sold out surprisingly quick last year, minutes after reaching around 12k or so IIRC. Only just got a ticket via my points in the morning before it sold out.

Meanwhile at the game (CR will cry outrage at this) there was a middle-class Middle Eastern family on the row behind me, with their well kept kid crying because he got some of his pie down his jumper. Also noticed what looked like a young Malaysian girl on the same row who was bizarrely screeching at random intervals.

The tickets aren't distributed fairly for the big games, mere fact. Corporates, plastics and fair weathers all get their share, by hook or crook.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.