City v United ticket info

corporate sponsors earn the right to tickets through the large amount of money they place with the club, thats always been the case, i don't have an issue with that, of course i would like the tickets to go to genuine fans but that's an utopian vision
my gripe would be supporters clubs getting an allocation before anyone else regardless of what points they may or may not have

Yes Corp sponsors have the rights to those tickets but let's say Heineken are given 20 tickets, do you really think those tickets all going to Mr. Heineken himself?
They are usually passed all over the show, exchanged via many hands and who knows, the guy on a Corp jolly who is sat next to you at the swamp could in fact be a supporter of united.

I've advised on the procedure on what to do if you have issues about ticket distribution.... Contact City, complain, also go through your Supporters Club and put this on the agenda.
Us just squabbling in a forum isn't going to get us to our destination is it?
Ultimately being that genuine, deserving matchgoers get tickets.
Like I said, we were given 4tx for united away, plenty of unsuccessful members.

There may be branches getting tickets for these games, way more than we do, and their members may be selling them on.
It certainly isn't our branch, so let's work together and find out who is doing this which sadly stops genuine blues from getting tickets

there is no easy answer,I haven't been to a match since the takeover ,but was a member of a branch about as far away as you can get from manchester and not speak french.our branch had a hardcore of season ticket holders (me included ) who travelled to the vast majority of games ,at that time we didn't have the demand that we have now in relation to supply and demand,swindon ,sheffield weds etc gave high percentage of tickets to city as they were happy to fill there ground for a change.The corporate machine of the premier league hasn't got that problem so i presume we are still distributing tickets to supporters clubs on the same basis as 10 years ago.the plus side is the fantastic jobs the people who run the supprters clubs do ,it's like a community within a community and i wouldn't begrudge a few tickets to continue that history ,after all the arse will fall out of football at some point if the costs continue to rise and city need these clubs to thrive.The negative side is that a few hangers on who made perhaps three journeys a year could go to big games and i'm sure a few from my old branch lived of the points for my ticket and a few mates for a few years and attended big games in our history that by rights thousands of others should of attended before them.I would imagine the tickets are distributed to clubs pro rata to allocation and membernumbers.the problem that has been alluded is the pro rata corporate distribution that is also taken off the allocation and like it or not it is here to stay .I love the threads from the 70' and 80's where districts and even pubs all went by coaches together to away games .if you take all the tickets away from branches then this gets destroyed ,the tales ,the experiences and the lifelong friendships.my branch is now defunct and to a degree the friendships have split to small numbers.It would be a shame if other branches followed suit.However utd away i would hope that branches would reward members who had attended most away games of a few years say three as they would have more control over that through transport and ticket request.can't see city releasing corporate ticket numbers as this to them is where the bigger revenue streams currently are.
On a final note my eldest child would like to go to a game ,but being old school i expect to be on the bottom rung and would target a really low key game irrespective of what i have seen in the past,but now and again it's natural to get pissed off when you learn somebody having a ticket for a big game.the only time i have felt like that was the wigan final when so many tickets were knocking about.i don't begrudge the missing aggguuuueeeerrrrooooo moment live , it's fair enough and a by product of binning my ticket when i did.Either side of the argument just enjoy the games enjoy the beers and enjoy the ride

Yes Corp sponsors have the rights to those tickets but let's say Heineken are given 20 tickets, do you really think those tickets all going to Mr. Heineken himself?
They are usually passed all over the show, exchanged via many hands and who knows, the guy on a Corp jolly who is sat next to you at the swamp could in fact be a supporter of united.

I've advised on the procedure on what to do if you have issues about ticket distribution.... Contact City, complain, also go through your Supporters Club and put this on the agenda.
Us just squabbling in a forum isn't going to get us to our destination is it?
Ultimately being that genuine, deserving matchgoers get tickets.
Like I said, we were given 4tx for united away, plenty of unsuccessful members.

There may be branches getting tickets for these games, way more than we do, and their members may be selling them on.
It certainly isn't our branch, so let's work together and find out who is doing this which sadly stops genuine blues from getting tickets

i'm not squabbling i just didn't know, i said in my reply its utopian to expect all corporate tickets to be given to genuine fans.
its irrelevant the quantity a branch gets its the timing.
why do you get them when you do? that's the bit i'm not getting

I think Compulsive was agitated by my question about a list of people in each point bracket. I did not ask everyone on the forum, I asked for anyone with connections to the ticket office to post.
I am a Neanderthal when it comes to computers, but even I can change a table to go from alphabetical to numerical columns. I find it strange that this information has never been revealed.
I worked away from home (often abroad) from 18 years old, but I have always managed to get tickets when I really wanted them. Even if it meant paying more - like the boat to Chelsea last year. So I am not greatly bothered, but having the info on points brackets may of helped me decide to join the schemes. Now I may dip out on some of the lesser games and spend big on the ones I really want. Unfortunately me doing this may mean another blue with more points missing out, but it seems this is how City want it.

Seems a few posters here want rid of the right for supporters clubs to apply for tickets.... Or allowing people with points the right to apply before branches do.

This is an issue that if you feel this way needs addressing with City and or the official supporters club.

A guy joined our branch, applied for a ticket, and I did the same.
We were given a few tickets, so I chose not go to and this guy was given the ticket.
This guy sold on the ticket and didn't go...

This guy was banned as a member and we've never seen him again. this was a few seasons ago but I'm just highlighting our Branch practice.
We don't allow people selling on tickets and all that shit.

What irritates me the most is point whoring touts, same faces who don't even watch city yet will have triple points than I do, and use their position to buy tx from city and sell them on for profit.
And of course the corporate lot who may work for say MusclePharm or Heineken and sell on their tickets.

This stops us, genuine blues from getting tickets :(
Not our branch which gets a couple of tickets for the high profile games.
As stated: most of our active members actually get their tickets directly from city as they have enough points.

Seems a few posters here want rid of the right for supporters clubs to apply for tickets.... Or allowing people with points the right to apply before branches do.

This is an issue that if you feel this way needs addressing with City and or the official supporters club.

A guy joined our branch, applied for a ticket, and I did the same.
We were given a few tickets, so I chose not go to and this guy was given the ticket.
This guy sold on the ticket and didn't go...

This guy was banned as a member and we've never seen him again. this was a few seasons ago but I'm just highlighting our Branch practice.
We don't allow people selling on tickets and all that shit.

What irritates me the most is point whoring touts, same faces who don't even watch city yet will have triple points than I do, and use their position to buy tx from city and sell them on for profit.
And of course the corporate lot who may work for say MusclePharm or Heineken and sell on their tickets.

This stops us, genuine blues from getting tickets :(
Not our branch which gets a couple of tickets for the high profile games.
As stated: most of our active members actually get their tickets directly from city as they have enough points.

who you applying on behalf of, your members i suspect yeah?
when do you apply? when the highest points member of the branch window is reached

the touts and corporates who sell on to "utd fans" that's wrong as we all know and one is illegal now
none of which justifies

Last season I believe that the derby sold out at 12,000 points (I have around 11,750 so just missed out). Given that the game at the swamp is relatively early this season it will be interesting to see at what level it sells out. The derby was the only game last season where I was unable to obtain a ticket and whilst I accept that sponsors etc are given tickets for the big games sometimes the club should realise that these people, in a lot of cases, are not fans of the club. Give them tickets for Swansea away on NYD or Sunderland on a wet December Tuesday night not the derby

The gripe is all fans supporters club members or not should get a ticket laid down by the clubs criteria and apply when eligible . I am yet to see a criteria where it says attending more meetings than someone else gets a ticket.

To make a serious comment...I was only a member of a supporters club for one season...but I did get the impression of 'tickets for the boys' I never needed tickets from them but it would be interesting to see the spread of tickets within clubs

Is there actually something in place to stop tickets going to the same people?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.