City v United ticket info

The gripe is all fans supporters club members or not should get a ticket laid down by the clubs criteria and apply when eligible . I am yet to see a criteria where it says attending more meetings than someone else gets a ticket.

Well this is our branches policy, but before we go into that as i've repeatedly stated: most of our members apply through MCFC for tickets as they have enough points.

To make a serious comment...I was only a member of a supporters club for one season...but I did get the impression of 'tickets for the boys' I never needed tickets from them but it would be interesting to see the spread of tickets within clubs

Is there actually something in place to stop tickets going to the same people?

Again, i'm repeating myself here - We have a raffle system in place so if say we apply for 4 tickets, and we only get 2, we put in place a name out of the hat system which is fair.

We don't operate any "tickets for the boys" thing as I have already stated: myself i founded a branch and I frequently miss out on tickets for matches.

I've stated what you can do if you have an issue about tickets. go to the football club, and let's see them completely ignore you.
Who won't ignore you? your local supporter ran supporters club who will and have represented many fans with issues before.

A blue attends city matches throughout his life, joins a supporters club in his area, and decides to randomly apply for a ticket to a match.
This guy gets loads of criticism from other fans because they feel they have more loyalty points thus deserve that ticket over him.

Yet some guy who knows a friends mother who's uncles sister works at the City Football Academy as a cleaner for the players changing rooms gets a few tickets every other week and goes along to a match and nothing is said.

You have the right to have an issue if you can't get tickets for matches yet people on lower points are.
But if you look at the bigger picture, there's far more people, many of whom probably had never even heard of City before 2008 get tickets for matches, and they have zero points.
I can almost guarantee every single ticket applicant at our branch is a seasoncard holder, i can't %100 guarantee it as some may be lying but that's the way it is - some people can be deceiving sadly.

I wasn't having a go Rambler btw...it was a genuine question that I obviously missed...thanks for clearing that up...now breathe ;-)

Hehe... you have a right to ask questions, this is a forum.
There are people who abuse the system, but I'm just assuring people it certainly isn't our branch.

And if you think it is, then PM me right now, i'll pass on my phone number and we can look into the problem :)

But why should a branch get additional tickets. I don't care if it 1 or 10 it is additional tickets

Additional tickets? we don't get additional tickets. we get tickets. nothing additional about it, we just apply for tickets as a group and often the seats are allocated together in that group.

Why should we get tickets? good question. if you feel we don't deserve tickets then go and complain to the club about it, join your local OSC, get to EC meetings at the stadium, start a campaign on change.org and get genuine matchgoing seasoncard holders banned from applying for tickets through their supporters club.

I'm sure you can do it.

Additional tickets? we don't get additional tickets. we get tickets. nothing additional about it, we just apply for tickets as a group and often the seats are allocated together in that group.

Why should we get tickets? good question. if you feel we don't deserve tickets then go and complain to the club about it, join your local OSC, get to EC meetings at the stadium, start a campaign on change.org and get genuine matchgoing seasoncard holders banned from applying for tickets through their supporters club.

I'm sure you can do it.

I will rephrase it. You get tickets not IAW the criteria all none SC members have to abide with. I have been a member of a supporters club. Secondally I am sort of a member of one now. It is called Friends and Families. Everything clear, no lying about points and we only get tickets when that friend / Family is eligible. I ain't knocking what your club do, I am knocking MCFC as it is open to abuse

I will rephrase it. You get tickets not IAW the criteria all none SC members have to abide with. I have been a member of a supporters club. Secondally I am sort of a member of one now. It is called Friends and Families. Everything clear, no lying about points and we only get tickets when that friend / Family is eligible. I ain't knocking what your club do, I am knocking MCFC as it is open to abuse

But the solution is to ban OSC's from being able to apply for tickets on behalf of members.
Do you want this?

if so, get the campaign going. here you might need this

soapbox.gif
;)

Hmm, I see where you are coming from, and the solution would be:

*Once City receive a Branches ticket requests, they then analyse each applicants LP's.
*if a member doesn't meet the point criteria, they are then unsuccessful.

Would city be willing to spend extra admin work doing this?
And also, the problem with friends/family as a father may have 15k points but his son only has 500, so they apply for tickets to their local branch....

And the father can go but can't take his son.

City, ruining families since 2008 :D

I feel how we currently operate is fair. As i keep rambling: most of our branch members apply for tickets to city directly anyway.

Far more unfair things going on right now than a couple of genuine blues applying for tickets through their local supporters club.

if you feel little jimmy grimble doesn't deserve a ticket to go and watch city because he has less points than you then this show's more of a reflection of your self and your selfishness.

It's not being selfish mate. The club has the points system to reward those who have done the outlay over the years. Also it is not extra admin work. We have things called computers now a days. Infact it would be no different than applying for a euro away via Thomas Cook. You apply. If it comes down to your points money taken from account. Ticket issued. Not enough points no money taken

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.