City v Utd post match

Very good post. If City had been totally dominated like that by United I would have felt sick. My God....what game are they playing....ten men back and then rugby kicks upfield to Fellini.

I just wish Silva had been playing tonight.
We would of celebrated that point 15 yrs ago, my how times have changed haha!

If we had Vinny, Gundogan and Jesus fit and with us all season we would be up their fighting for the title, even with our deficiencies at full-back and goalkeeper.

Unfortunately this seems to be a trait of Peps teams. His Barca side were the worst cheats I've ever seen in football and Bayern turned into a team of divers once Pep took over. Sadly it seems to be something our manager encourages but I'll gladly accept it if it means domination of the league and europe. It'll be essential if we're ever to win the champions league.

I`m in a quandary because I have always hated players that cheat, in the long run it never pays off because the ref has their card marked and gives them nothing anyway, in the champions leage its almost a given that its part of the game, but I dont want to see it week in week out as a standard for my club.

I think most of us expected this tonight. United could never 'out football' us. If they took us on in that respect, they would get a hiding. Their only hope was to defend like fuck and hope at some point you get a breakaway. That is exactly what they did and you can't blame them - it was their only hope. It reminded me of going to The Swamp about 15 years ago. We came away with a 0-0 draw and I felt like we'd really achieved something. That was United tonight. That's how things have changed.

The Rags came with a pre-ordained plan to get a 0-0 (he's got his eyes on the Europa Cup more than 4th).
That's what Mourinho does and he's good at it. Pep surely must have sussed that so the onus was on us to break them down and we failed to do so.

Just got back and I have only read a few pages but you can all fuck right off with the dogshite and not good enough comments! We absolutely battered them all game and every player out there was a hero who left everything on the pitch. This was after an energy sappng 120 minutes at Wembley only three days ago. We were magnificent we just had no luck again in front of goal. The crowd was brilliant as well, anyone who says otherwise wasn't at the game. I am not one who goes overboard on praise for the performances or the atmosphere but both were top class tonight. At last that fucking bog brush head got sent off as well and I shut a few closet rags up trying to say Aguero goaded him, they soon shut up the cowardly pricks!

Great post.

Happy overall, we just need to pull it together in the final third with no Silva. We got better at it as the game progressed hence i am happy as i see light at the end of this tunnel with what Pep is doing.

As long as we take care of business from now until the end of the season we have no worries for cl qualification. Tonight showed me we can do that if we focus and make it work in the last few matches.

Away from the game, I fully support the clubs decision to attack the SS in the second half. The limbs for a last minute winner will be outstanding, and that's all I care about at the end of the day.

I disagree. How many late last minute goals have been scored at the opposite end when pushing the old way?. Obviously Aguerooooooooo but also Yaya v Villa, the last gasp winner v Tottenham, Bayern, etc etc. Why change a winning formula. Much more successful to attack with the most vocal fans behind you, it seems.

Aside from which, can hardly blame that for our total lack of clinical desire this season. The first half tonight, had we not given the ball away needlessly countless times, we would have had 90% possession on the stats.

Like many others on here, I'm disillusioned after probably £500 odd spent on City in the last 3 weeks, Arsenal, Chelsea away, Wembley, and tonight on top of that. We were out-Pepped tonight, however you look at it, playing another shit team with shit fans and we cant even finish the job.

Their keeper didn't make any decent saves, pretty routine stuff.

Another disappointing home performance, but at least Pep is satisfied. They were there for the taking and a big missed opportunity. No guile showed, slow build ups allowing 9 to get back, hen try to cross through a wall of 6 men to find the smallest player on the pitch.

Limited them to one real chance though with the excellent assist from Bravo. You can say how shit utd were but we are barely any better according to the table with the "best manager in the world" who is clearly worse than MP.

Hahaha....clarkie !!

What frustrates me is that I think Mourinho had no intention of winning that game even though considering if they wanted top 4 they probably needed to.

That was all about not letting Pep beat him twice in a season, something no manager has ever done I don't think.

That's what I think anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.