City v Utd post match

Chelsea - probably as good as they'll ever be.
Spurs - well played, but close to their limit.
Liverpool - unpredictable.
The vermin - more of the same dull, park the bus stuff from their half a billion pound squad.
Us - outplayed by no-one in the Prem, but need some supporting acts for Sergio who can score 15 - 20 a season from midfield and second striker. In a few months Sheikh Mansour will give Pep the funds to sign young elite players in the obvious positions who can adapt to his way of playing. If Pep cannot attract truly elite players then no-one can. I'm convinced we'll see a dramatic improvement next season right across the team. Next season it will be a proper Pep team. In truth, I think many of us underestimated just how difficult it would be to transform the way we play - proved to be a very gradual process. I predict that in the CL (assuming we qualify) we'll be significantly stronger and far less vulnerable defensively. Not a gambling man, but I'll bet a tenner that we do the double at the very least.

If everyone had done their job as well as Sergio does his we would be top of the table. Sergio has never hidden during a game and is still one of the very best strikers. Imagine what he'd be like with real support and options.

Agree 100%

October in the league cup?! Are you serious? I was more proud of our B team losing to them at OT than our boys tonight. Yes I think both teams tonight were an embarrassment to the derby, that wasn't a derby in my eyes.
Dude, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but tonight was far from embarrassing or the worst performance from us in our derby in recent years. You can only beat what's in front of you and Maureen employed his tried and tested formula for success...... Don't lose against your direct rivals and make sure you smash everyone else and he's built his career and reputation on it. Even by Maureen's metric, it's job done... a win and a draw against a direct rival and 4 point in the bag.

Even a couple of mates of mine who are the most repulsive Rags you could imagine called me after the match to say how superior we were. They both said that after 30 minutes they could see how the game was going and both said they would have taken the draw then and there. For those two knob cheese's to say that is something extraordinary.

Like I said, we're all entitled to our opinion but I respectfully disagree with yours. I've seen enough this season to suggest that with the right signings in the summer and a Guardiola feeling the hurt of his first empty handed season, that next season is when we'll start to see it all coming together. Apart from Everton away, we've dominated most teams and have suffered from being defensively suspect. It's no coincidence that with Vinny back we look more solid, and with better additions in the summer I'm sure we'll be OK mate..... Just keep the faith.

Last edited:
we beat them then, simple as, and they weren't at their peak then but were still a damn site better than they are now.

Mourinho was a coward, much like Ferguson back then, and we didn't punish them this time. Says it all about how we've fallen away. That was also our title hope decider pretty much which heaped a whole lot more pressure, weight and expectation on a group of players who'd not been there and done it, this team had a number who have and couldn't get it done, yet again this season.

Just wasn't up to scratch for the money, expectation, promises and potential. That's what they are to be judged on. It's just the reality of where they are and what they set out to achieve, and promise to achieve. It's not negative to call them up on it when they repeatedly don't deliver.

We beat them then due to scoring from a corner & created little else. If anything, we created far more tonight vs an even more defensive rag team.

Aguero missed from 4 yards. Prior to this season, I doubt you would find many occasions that has happened in his career.

19 shots to 3, 16 chances to 2, and absolutely nothing to show for it. Story of our season?
In a nutshell.

Frustrating isn't the word.

I even think Sergio's snapshots were frustration at our play like arsenal and get 27 passes in the area before scoring. Jesus will scare the shit out of the premier league next season. In fact he could do for us what Tevez did when he came back in 2012.

What frustrates me is that I think Mourinho had no intention of winning that game even though considering if they wanted top 4 they probably needed to.

That was all about not letting Pep beat him twice in a season, something no manager has ever done I don't think.

That's what I think anyway.
Maureen letting his ego getting in the way of a result!!!!

Shome Mishtake Shurley?

Fuck him.

Had enough of rags tonight saying the ref was a homer because he did his job.

Fuck you BBC!

"After all the hype this Manchester Derby was a boring game...."

Can't speak for everybody, but I really enjoyed the game tonight.

Result could've been better but other than that, I was happy enough.
Me too.

That's what pissed me off about the game being reported as boring.

We controlled it full stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.