City v Villa - post match

Rascal said:
Ric said:
It's a valuable three points, but it wasn't a good performance. If we play like that at Goodison, White Hart Lane or Old Trafford (our next three away games) we'll get beaten comfortably. .

Those games will suit us much more than tonight. All 3 teams will be urged on to attack us and we are well capable of destroying all 3 on the counter.

Maybe last season, but I'm not sure this current City side is capable of destroying any of those three teams.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Bit annoyed with Tevez, got a goal, great. But when he went for goal and Silva was wide open, I wanted to wring his bloody neck.

He certainly got a bit giddy after his goal didn't he.
As for the game you have to give praise to Kolo and Nasty for standout performances, Zabba once again solid as a rock and Milners energy levels are not human - though his final ball definitely is on occasion..
Villa had a game plan which was to get the ball over the top to Benteke and hope that Agbonlahor picked up any scraps, and in fairness had our centre backs not been so solid they would have had some joy.
Overall i thought it was a deserved 3 points and another clean sheet will only increase our back 4 (5 including joe) confidence. Our passing wasn't as slick as it could have been and although Dzeko did brilliantly for the goal I thought his overall play wasn't great - his hold up play and inability to win much in the air is worrying, especially when he didn't even bother to jump a couple of times.
I think this one should probably be filed under "job done - move on"

Ric said:
It was alarming how cheaply we gave away possession on a regular basis.
Especially Yaya, who is usually good in possession.

grim up north said:
87% pass completion = wasteful
Garcia was steady
I'm not bothered with stats, I like my eyes to tell me the story. I also like Garcia, and have supported him from the start, tonight he was poor, possibly one of his worst performances for us for me, its not just about pass completion rates, its about positioning, about winning tackles, about being involved, about bringing others into the game. Poor tonight on most counts.

I think this one should probably be filed under "job done - move on"

BEjEdimCQAE3Xyx.jpg

Was this a performance of the best team in the EPL of just 6 months ago?
Villa could well have won this.
Can anyone detect a "game plan"? I'm blowed if I can. To me it is putting 11 good footballers out on the park,..and see what turns up.

A purchase plan must be made,...that includes any 'new' player coming to City must be quick. It seem every team City play, are much quicker, they have far more endeavor.

Or maybe last season was just an abberation.

burnagelane said:
Can anyone detect a "game plan"? I'm blowed if I can. To me it is putting 11 good footballers out on the park,..and see what turns up.

I've felt this for a while, individual brilliance gets us over the line more than exquisite team work. It's good enough to keep us near the top but we need to become more of a 'team' in the long run. It shows more in the Champions League where even mid-level teams like Ajax who are well drilled can take 4pts from us.

burnagelane said:

A purchase plan must be made,...that includes any 'new' player coming to City must be quick. It seem every team City play, are much quicker, they have far more endeavor.

Haha and on that note....I'm out of here.

burnagelane said:

What's EPL? (I've only been watching City for 40 years so am not familiar with all the footballing acronyms)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.