City v Villa - post match

TCIB said:
l2sJi.gif
This (I assume its baseball bat he's holding ?)

burnagelane said:
Was this a performance of the best team in the EPL of just 6 months ago?
Villa could well have won this.
Can anyone detect a "game plan"? I'm blowed if I can. To me it is putting 11 good footballers out on the park,..and see what turns up.

A purchase plan must be made,...that includes any 'new' player coming to City must be quick. It seem every team City play, are much quicker, they have far more endeavor.

Or maybe last season was just an abberation.

If anyone from Burnage genuinely calls it the "EPL", then it's time to call it a day.

I literally cannot believe what im reading! What do people expect from an away fixture at a side fighting against relegation??? I thought we were brilliant! We weren't flamboyant or exciting and we didnt play open, attacking, attractive football. BUT it was a really effective, professional, efficient performance. Zaba, Nasty and Kolo were perfect IMO. If it wasnt for Guzan making 3 outrageous saves, it could have been 3 or 4, and i was really satisfied with the work rate of every player.

Lots of 'fans' are going to be reeeeaaaallllly disappointed in the coming years if theyre expecting us to go away from home and create tons of chances, score loads of goals and entertain you in your armchairs.

Ric said:
Rascal said:
Ric said:
It's a valuable three points, but it wasn't a good performance. If we play like that at Goodison, White Hart Lane or Old Trafford (our next three away games) we'll get beaten comfortably. .

Those games will suit us much more than tonight. All 3 teams will be urged on to attack us and we are well capable of destroying all 3 on the counter.

Maybe last season, but I'm not sure this current City side is capable of destroying any of those three teams.

We are no different really.

Last season we massively exceeded expectations, this we are more to the normal we were last season.

At times last season we were not good but found a way to win as good teams do. When we were good nobody lived with us.

sonnymancity said:
I literally cannot believe what im reading! What do people expect from an away fixture at a side fighting against relegation??? I thought we were brilliant! We weren't flamboyant or exciting and we didnt play open, attacking, attractive football. BUT it was a really effective, professional, efficient performance. Zaba, Nasty and Kolo were perfect IMO. If it wasnt for Guzan making 3 outrageous saves, it could have been 3 or 4, and i was really satisfied with the work rate of every player.

Lots of 'fans' are going to be reeeeaaaallllly disappointed in the coming years if theyre expecting us to go away from home and create tons of chances, score loads of goals and entertain you in your armchairs.
We weren't really effective at all. We were too complacent and gave the ball away far too often, and apart for 10 minutes at the very end of the first half, we never really imposed ourselves on the game and set up camp in the Villa half. It's three points but, as usual, we made it harder than it needed to be by not being ruthless enough - see Arsenal away, Norwich away, Newcastle away. You are right in saying that it could have been three or four, and that we should be happy with a win, but a lack of clinical finishing has cost us all season and has us in second place. On another night, Dzeko could have stumbled and fallen like he usually does after winning the ball of Clark.

Also, don't ever do this:

Having a negative view on a City performance does not make anyone less of a fan than you. Stop it.

MCFC BOB said:
sonnymancity said:

We weren't really effective at all. We were too complacent and gave the ball away far too often, and apart for 10 minutes at the very end of the first half, we never really imposed ourselves on the game and set up camp in the Villa half. It's three points but, as usual, we made it harder than it needed to be by not being ruthless enough - see Arsenal away, Norwich away, Newcastle away. You are right in saying that it could have been three or four, and that we should be happy with a win, but a lack of clinical finishing has cost us all season and has us in second place. On another night, Dzeko could have stumbled and fallen like he usually does after winning the ball of Clark.

Also, don't ever do this:

Having a negative view on a City performance does not make anyone less of a fan than you. Stop it.

Bullshit, we were good.

Rascal said:
Ric said:
Rascal said:
Those games will suit us much more than tonight. All 3 teams will be urged on to attack us and we are well capable of destroying all 3 on the counter.

Maybe last season, but I'm not sure this current City side is capable of destroying any of those three teams.

We are no different really.

Last season we massively exceeded expectations, this we are more to the normal we were last season.

At times last season we were not good but found a way to win as good teams do. When we were good nobody lived with us.

With respect, you can't genuinely say we are no different this season. How many truly convincing performances can you recall this season, compared to, say, the swashbuckling
6-1 at OT, 5-1 at WHL, 6-1 at Norwich? How many players have performed better this year than last?

I agree we're hardly in a crisis, sitting second in the league to a strong United side, and still in the cup but let's not sugarcoat it. We've slipped from being the best team in the country to the second best, and that ultimately is regression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.