City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Several people have mentioned the Beast's first, so I won't go on about it, except to say that, technically, that is one of the most difficult imaginable strikes to carry out successfully. Anybody who's played football at any level knows that.
But the second interests me even more, because it says something about the character of the man. Beautiful through ball from Dzeko (er, Dzeko and Negredo can't play together? is anybody still saying that?), and in fact, Negredo's first touch was poor. I thought he'd fluffed the chance, myself, but he put in that extra little bit of shift that makes the difference — by the way, his acceleration over eight to ten yards must be comparable to Sergio's in fact, that's not something that any of us quite realized at the start of the season — he gets to the ball first, doesn't hit it particularly well, because he's stretched, but it's a power goal, like the one against Liverpool. So the first is a masterpiece of technique, the second a masterpiece of power. This guy has to be the buy of the season in the PL, and arguably in Europe.
It didn't matter by then, but the last goal was an absolute peach. Having skied several shots which he really should have had on target, Edin finally connected perfectly, and when he does, there's nothing that any keeper in the world can do about it. But those two touches before it, taken with Edin's strike concluding the movement, make it perhaps the most superb goal of the game (and there were several): whoever put that ball through to Kolarov — was it Silva, I wasn't sure? — then Kolarov's cutback., then Edin's volley. When we play like that, we simply slice teams open. It reminds me of some of the moves of the 68-71 team, when they were absolutely on top form.
Yes, West Ham were weak. But they are professional footballers in the world's most difficult league, the PL. By definition, they are part of an elite that concerns a few hundred athletes at the most. And they were made to look like amateurs. We ran rings around them as Bayern ran rings around us in the Etihad game. How does that happen?? Does me head in at times. Anyway, say it to yourself one more time: at times this season, you are watching the sexiest football being produced in the PL, hands down.

Marcos Lopes! Wonderful ball it was too.

adrianr said:
Several people have mentioned the Beast's first, so I won't go on about it, except to say that, technically, that is one of the most difficult imaginable strikes to carry out successfully. Anybody who's played football at any level knows that.
But the second interests me even more, because it says something about the character of the man. Beautiful through ball from Dzeko (er, Dzeko and Negredo can't play together? is anybody still saying that?), and in fact, Negredo's first touch was poor. I thought he'd fluffed the chance, myself, but he put in that extra little bit of shift that makes the difference — by the way, his acceleration over eight to ten yards must be comparable to Sergio's in fact, that's not something that any of us quite realized at the start of the season — he gets to the ball first, doesn't hit it particularly well, because he's stretched, but it's a power goal, like the one against Liverpool. So the first is a masterpiece of technique, the second a masterpiece of power. This guy has to be the buy of the season in the PL, and arguably in Europe.
It didn't matter by then, but the last goal was an absolute peach. Having skied several shots which he really should have had on target, Edin finally connected perfectly, and when he does, there's nothing that any keeper in the world can do about it. But those two touches before it, taken with Edin's strike concluding the movement, make it perhaps the most superb goal of the game (and there were several): whoever put that ball through to Kolarov — was it Silva, I wasn't sure? — then Kolarov's cutback., then Edin's volley. When we play like that, we simply slice teams open. It reminds me of some of the moves of the 68-71 team, when they were absolutely on top form.
Yes, West Ham were weak. But they are professional footballers in the world's most difficult league, the PL. By definition, they are part of an elite that concerns a few hundred athletes at the most. And they were made to look like amateurs. We ran rings around them as Bayern ran rings around us in the Etihad game. How does that happen?? Does me head in at times. Anyway, say it to yourself one more time: at times this season, you are watching the sexiest football being produced in the PL, hands down.

THought it was Silva?

Didsbury Dave said:
adrianr said:

THought it was Silva?

The last goal? Definitely Lopes. Silva had been subbed by then.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Back home drinking tea!

And I am going to 'come out' as that seems the fashionable thing to do! Yes right here and right now I am going to admit that I at long last concede that the removal of Mancini, appears to have been the correct thing to do.

There, I have done it!

How could I have been so silly?

Seriously though, I have had the pleasure of witnessing 59 goals in 15 games at the Etihad this season and quite frankly, when I have United fans texting me as I left tonight, saying that City are the most attacking team they have ever seen in British Football you realise after decades of misery that we, our club, typical city no less, have finally arrived at the place otherwise known as 'Footballing Heaven'

I am almost at a loss for words to describe what I have had the pleasure of witnessing this season. Thank God in fact that every game is televised as I am convinced those I tell about what I see would think I am exaggerating.

Thankfully I am not and at long last, when we sing ' the best team in the land and all the world' we are all telling the truth.

Well done Mr Pellegrini.

I agree.

I sometimes think we are witnessing the evolution of a team the rest of the world will begin to realise is much better than even we blues could have wished for.

91 goals scored this season so far, after Pellegrini promised us attacking football when he joined us!

He hasn't reneged on his promise, has he?

Just a tiny little down to earth bump...

We still need to sort the bloody defending out. Yes it's better than when we started the season, but we are still very suspect at the back. WH didn't gave the quality to expose it, but better teams do, and will. Letting in 3 against an Arsenal side with Giroud and Bentner as strikers is a concern, and in fact it was probably 5 if you discount the bad refereeing decisions in that game. Lord only knows what Messi and Neymar will do to us??!!!

Still, marvellous performance last night, probably the best I have seen us play this season. (If not ever?)

stunned....not just that we out in town until 4 am last night...just a bit ......numb really...

Its hard to be objective when you are universally crap and youve just been whacked by a side which would probably win the world cup.

I think a few of our player broke sweat, that apart, I cant think we did much more than pick the ball out of the net.

All we've got left is a bunch of lads in the stands who will give their all , although patience is wearing very thin now., now

We are truly awfull and doomed- four of five loaners this transfer window wont save us. Doncaster it is for us next season..

You lot, on the other hand clinincal, classy and at another level...

Enjoy your time in the sun and the final (s) and trophies , you've earnt it, you won the lottery you lucky luck lucky cunts.

IRONs

w4hammer said:
stunned....not just that we out in town until 4 am last night...just a bit ......numb really...

Its hard to be objective when you are universally crap and youve just been whacked by a side which would probably win the world cup.

I think a few of our player broke sweat, that apart, I cant think we did much more than pick the ball out of the net.

All we've got left is a bunch of lads in the stands who will give their all , although patience is wearing very thin now., now

We are truly awfull and doomed- four of five loaners this transfer window wont save us. Doncaster it is for us next season..

You lot, on the other hand clinincal, classy and at another level...

Enjoy your time in the sun and the final (s) and trophies , you've earnt it, you won the lottery you lucky luck lucky cunts.

IRONs

You'll come back. Good club West Ham with a great history of youth development and a brighter future on the horizon with the new stadium. Europa League challengers in a few years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.