City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

OB1 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
Aside form the usual "except when you play us", I wish the Hammers well. I know quite a few West Ham fans (including my best man) and usually get on well with them. I have already had some friendly email banter with guys at work, which they started.

For all West Ham's weaknesses last night, City demonstrated again the quality in the squad. Glad I made the trip up yesterday.

My favourite London club by a distance (perhaps not surprising given how much I detest both Spurs and the Tarquins), with proper fans, who know what it's like to be shit, but keep the faith regardless........a bit like us, before Sheikh Mansour made our dreams come true.

Glad you enjoyed it OB1. My predictions of a 0-0 draw courtesy of a claret and blue parked bus, were as wide of the mark as a Danny Wellshit shot. I never learn, eh?! Fcuk me, even Garcia played well!

:)

Garcia really did play well.

Maybe I wasn't focusing enough on him, but what did he do? I saw him dispossessed twice in the first 20 mins. And didn't play any part in any of the goals as far as I recall?

BigJoe#1 said:
Have to agree with Billy and OB

Having supported City for 47 years last night was the most complete team performance I have ver witnessed by eleven outstanding players.
Had to suffer that one at home with a glass of wine (or two), and I hate watching us on TV, but not last night. Whatever anyone says about how West Ham played, we were just about perfect, we sat back and virtually sucked them forward for 10 minutes (with no great threat to us), let them think they might do well, then we devastated them, no team would have stood up to us last night, and I mean no team. I said last night it was the best I'd ever seen us play, and I'll stick by it having seen it again.

Its also very easy to forget, that this was a semi final, with all the pressure that has on it, over and above just a football match.

inchy14 said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
It's true that West Ham let us play, but they could play for their lives, and still they'd have been unable to defend that first goal. A 50 yard pass, followed by a perfect volley that bypassed 3/4 of the West Ham team in two seconds.

And the goals that followed were all good. I particularly liked the last one with the Lopes back heel.

Can you just imagine the hysteria if Januzaj had delivered that back heel?

I didn't realise until I watched the TV coverage that the move that culminated in the 5th goal included 26 passes.

It wasn't just the 26 passes, just watched it again, and every player except Pants touches the ball.

Team goal of the season without a shadow of a doubt.

David Moyes is manager of the month though....... ;)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
inchy14 said:
OB1 said:
I didn't realise until I watched the TV coverage that the move that culminated in the 5th goal included 26 passes.

It wasn't just the 26 passes, just watched it again, and every player except Pants touches the ball.

David Moyes is manager of the month though....... ;)

And so he should, not many other managers have brought joy and happiness to the other 19 teams in the premier league at the same time.

He's a fucking genius

#SOD.

Not had chance to post on this thread since the match but what a performance by us, probably one of the best attacking displays you'll see. Negredo's first is incredible and Dzeko's second also equally.... I wasn't sure about this game going into it, thought if they turned up they'd have a go but it was just ridiculous. Lets hope that game doesn't cost us anything at Newcastle in terms of fitness because we really need a result there.

BillyShears said:
KippaxCitizen said:
I would say good reply, but you seem to be mistaking me for Jamie Redknapp. I never said we "literally" allow them to walk through our midfield!

What's up with you anyway, you use the words "idiot" and "stupid" a lot just to get your point across that you don't agree. You do it with a lot of people. Everything alright flower? Look those words up, you might be surprised what they actually mean.

Just because what you think is the best City performance you've ever seen is my happy we're showing signs that we're getting things right, doesn't make me an idiot.

Go and have a joint and chill out a bit, eh?!

I'm fully capable of being in an interminably good mood and still finding someone stupid, or a point of view on Bluemoon idiotic. Sorry if that offends. Flower.

Happy you're still around though. Personally I'd have gone with Dwight Yorke over Rednapp if I had to liken you to a pundit. ;)
Eh, now that really is offensive! :D

inchy14 said:
OB1 said:
Marvin said:
It's true that West Ham let us play, but they could play for their lives, and still they'd have been unable to defend that first goal. A 50 yard pass, followed by a perfect volley that bypassed 3/4 of the West Ham team in two seconds.

And the goals that followed were all good. I particularly liked the last one with the Lopes back heel.

Can you just imagine the hysteria if Januzaj had delivered that back heel?

Yes, I've just watched it again (and again) and what is impressive is not only the beauty of the passing, which had West Ham chasing shadows, but the subtle changes in pace leading up to the fifth, culminating in the change to top gear when Merlin ran on to Nasri's pass. The most humorous moments are those when journos and pundits try to describe the first as "route 1"!

cleavers said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Have to agree with Billy and OB

Having supported City for 47 years last night was the most complete team performance I have ver witnessed by eleven outstanding players.
Had to suffer that one at home with a glass of wine (or two), and I hate watching us on TV, but not last night. Whatever anyone says about how West Ham played, we were just about perfect, we sat back and virtually sucked them forward for 10 minutes (with no great threat to us), let them think they might do well, then we devastated them, no team would have stood up to us last night, and I mean no team. I said last night it was the best I'd ever seen us play, and I'll stick by it having seen it again.

Its also very easy to forget, that this was a semi final, with all the pressure that has on it, over and above just a football match.

Yes one of our greatest performances. That said, I can only comment on the last 40 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.