City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

There was a full page Hammers advert in the London edition of this morning's Metro, which must have gone to print before the game as it was advertising tickets for the 2nd leg FROM £42 for adults & £24 children.

That's clearly aimed at either the very rich, optimistic or stupid Hammers fan!

A friend has just sent me a text:

Tee hee... From Danny Baker

@prodnose: BBC LATEST: Rescue teams have called off the search for eleven West Ham footballers who vanished during a cup-tie in Manchester last night.

Apologies if anyone has already posted it.

BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
I know, because last night was as I said, one of the best performances of my lifetime from a City team

Not getting involved in your argument, but do you really think that?

It was an extremely good performance but I didn't look at it in that respect.

By a country mile. If i had to think off the top of my head of more complete performances. It's difficult. I think most of the time we've battered teams in recent months we've not been as relentless in our pursuit of another goal as we were last night. I just think in every aspect, technically, in terms of character, in terms of team play, in terms of individual quality - last night was on another level to anything i've seen from a City team.

As I said in the post match thread - the opposition became irrelevant. We'd have battered anyone in the PL with that performance.

I've just watched the match again and we actually looked better than I thought we were as I sat in the stands last night. West Ham just didn't have a prayer and I agree with Billy that the opposition were almost an irrelevance with City in that mood. West Ham are hardly the toughest opponents at present but City's performance achieved a level of completeness you rarely see. The desire shown by the players from start to finish was immense. Absolutely superb.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
w4hammer said:
stunned....not just that we out in town until 4 am last night...just a bit ......numb really...

Its hard to be objective when you are universally crap and youve just been whacked by a side which would probably win the world cup.

I think a few of our player broke sweat, that apart, I cant think we did much more than pick the ball out of the net.

All we've got left is a bunch of lads in the stands who will give their all , although patience is wearing very thin now., now

We are truly awfull and doomed- four of five loaners this transfer window wont save us. Doncaster it is for us next season..

You lot, on the other hand clinincal, classy and at another level...

Enjoy your time in the sun and the final (s) and trophies , you've earnt it, you won the lottery you lucky luck lucky *****.

IRONs

Aside form the usual "except when you play us", I wish the Hammers well. I know quite a few West Ham fans (including my best man) and usually get on well with them. I have already had some friendly email banter with guys at work, which they started.

For all West Ham's weaknesses last night, City demonstrated again the quality in the squad. Glad I made the trip up yesterday.

My favourite London club by a distance (perhaps not surprising given how much I detest both Spurs and the Tarquins), with proper fans, who know what it's like to be shit, but keep the faith regardless........a bit like us, before Sheikh Mansour made our dreams come true.

Glad you enjoyed it OB1. My predictions of a 0-0 draw courtesy of a claret and blue parked bus, were as wide of the mark as a Danny Wellshit shot. I never learn, eh?! Fcuk me, even Garcia played well!

:)

Garcia really did play well.

It's true that West Ham let us play, but they could play for their lives, and still they'd have been unable to defend that first goal. A 50 yard pass, followed by a perfect volley that bypassed 3/4 of the West Ham team in two seconds.

And the goals that followed were all good. I particularly liked the last one with the Lopes back heel.

Can you just imagine the hysteria if Januzaj had delivered that back heel?

Marvin said:
It's true that West Ham let us play, but they could play for their lives, and still they'd have been unable to defend that first goal. A 50 yard pass, followed by a perfect volley that bypassed 3/4 of the West Ham team in two seconds.

And the goals that followed were all good. I particularly liked the last one with the Lopes back heel.

I didn't realise until I watched the TV coverage that the move that culminated in the 5th goal included 26 passes.

OB1 said:
Marvin said:

I didn't realise until I watched the TV coverage that the move that culminated in the 5th goal included 26 passes.

It wasn't just the 26 passes, just watched it again, and every player except Pants touches the ball.

Team goal of the season without a shadow of a doubt.

OB1 said:
BillyShears said:
Damocles said:
Not getting involved in your argument, but do you really think that?

It was an extremely good performance but I didn't look at it in that respect.

By a country mile. If i had to think off the top of my head of more complete performances. It's difficult. I think most of the time we've battered teams in recent months we've not been as relentless in our pursuit of another goal as we were last night. I just think in every aspect, technically, in terms of character, in terms of team play, in terms of individual quality - last night was on another level to anything i've seen from a City team.

As I said in the post match thread - the opposition became irrelevant. We'd have battered anyone in the PL with that performance.

I've just watched the match again and we actually looked better than I thought we were as I sat in the stands last night. West Ham just didn't have a prayer and I agree with Billy that the opposition were almost an irrelevance with City in that mood. West Ham are hardly the toughest opponents at present but City's performance achieved a level of completeness you rarely see. The desire shown by the players from start to finish was immense. Absolutely superb.

Have to agree with Billy and OB

Having supported City for 47 years last night was the most complete team performance I have ver witnessed by eleven outstanding players.

Play like that until the end of the season and we should fear no one.

Come on lads keep the confide ce and maintain the momentum and the job's a good 'un!

WELL DONE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.