City v West Ham CoC Semi-Final 1st Leg Post Match Thread

BillyShears said:
I know, because last night was as I said, one of the best performances of my lifetime from a City team

Not getting involved in your argument, but do you really think that?

It was an extremely good performance but I didn't look at it in that respect.

LoveCity said:
Anyone going to the 2nd leg? West Ham are dropping prices for it, I assume that'll go for away fans too?

I hope they administer it better than they did for the recent league encounter and avoid any unsavoury contretemps.

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
I know, because last night was as I said, one of the best performances of my lifetime from a City team

Not getting involved in your argument, but do you really think that?

It was an extremely good performance but I didn't look at it in that respect.

By a country mile. If i had to think off the top of my head of more complete performances. It's difficult. I think most of the time we've battered teams in recent months we've not been as relentless in our pursuit of another goal as we were last night. I just think in every aspect, technically, in terms of character, in terms of team play, in terms of individual quality - last night was on another level to anything i've seen from a City team.

As I said in the post match thread - the opposition became irrelevant. We'd have battered anyone in the PL with that performance.

Even before the game with the cold wet miserable night we had, every man, woman, child and even a couple of guide dogs were strolling around with springs in their steps and smiles on their faces. The result and performance were just the icing on top of a big fuck off cake! We're a machine that's about to make some serious history. Beautiful blue bastards..

BillyShears said:
KippaxCitizen said:
But could you not see the difference last night to numerous other games where we've just allowed teams to walk through our midfield and get a shot at our goal?

Idiot statement 101 on Bluemoon. "We just let them walk through our midfield". No we didn't. Players don't just stand aside and say "off you go lads, we're not going to make a challenge".

How can you not be far more content with the way we were closing down any attacking opportunities last night compared to home games against Hull or Palace in the league (as just two examples)?

More content ? Are you having a fucking laugh mate or what. I'm deliriously happy and have been since we smashed the rags into oblivion.

How can you think that people with the view that was a problem in other games is something to get on your tits?

What I said gets on my tits, is the repetitive nature of certain narratives on the forum. Like your rubbish about City allowing teams to "walk through" midfield. Or the rubbish that the high line is never going to work. Or the rubbish that Dzeko and Negredo can't play together. Or the rubbish that you can't play Yaya in a two man midfield. All those things are proving to be rubbish.

Christ you mention Mancini every fifth page on the forum and you have Mancini undertones to posts on every third page, that gets on my tits!

Getting on other people's tits doesn't particularly bother me. Just as other people expressing that I'm getting on their tits doesn't particularly bother me.

Defensively, compared to many other games were like chalk and cheese to last night. From front to back we were actually defending properly for one of the very few times it's happened all season.

Yet it's amazing that without defending properly we've not lost in 15 competitive matches, during which time we've gone to the European champions and beaten them.

Last night is how i want us to play, that hasn't been seen a great deal all season, and not at all away from home yet in the Prem.

I'm sure that considering last night is one of the performances of the season and arguably one of the greatest performances i've ever seen from a City side, we can all agree we'd love to be able to play like last night every week. I'm afraid however outside of computer games, it's nigh on impossible to play at your maximum every week.

It's not about us scoring 6, it was the way we shut all doors at almost all opportunities. It is as important as the excellent movement and quick tempo passing when we've previously been at our best in other games.

Basically what you're saying is that last night was better than other time's this season. I know, because last night was as I said, one of the best performances of my lifetime from a City team.

However that takes nothing away from the way we've performed pretty consistently since the debacle at Villa. The individual mistakes have gradually been cut out and our performances and results have improved ten fold.

So on that basis I've little problem in saying it gets on my tits when I have to read "yeah but our defending, and the high line, and Garcia, and Yaya in a two man midfield, and did we mention how shit West Ham were" after such a stunning victory.
I would say good reply, but you seem to be mistaking me for Jamie Redknapp. I never said we "literally" allow them to walk through our midfield!

What's up with you anyway, you use the words "idiot" and "stupid" a lot just to get your point across that you don't agree. You do it with a lot of people. Everything alright flower? Look those words up, you might be surprised what they actually mean.

Just because what you think is the best City performance you've ever seen is my happy we're showing signs that we're getting things right, doesn't make me an idiot.

Go and have a joint and chill out a bit, eh?!

KippaxCitizen said:
I would say good reply, but you seem to be mistaking me for Jamie Redknapp. I never said we "literally" allow them to walk through our midfield!

What's up with you anyway, you use the words "idiot" and "stupid" a lot just to get your point across that you don't agree. You do it with a lot of people. Everything alright flower? Look those words up, you might be surprised what they actually mean.

Just because what you think is the best City performance you've ever seen is my happy we're showing signs that we're getting things right, doesn't make me an idiot.

Go and have a joint and chill out a bit, eh?!

I'm fully capable of being in an interminably good mood and still finding someone stupid, or a point of view on Bluemoon idiotic. Sorry if that offends. Flower.

Happy you're still around though. Personally I'd have gone with Dwight Yorke over Rednapp if I had to liken you to a pundit. ;)

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Several people have mentioned the Beast's first, so I won't go on about it, except to say that, technically, that is one of the most difficult imaginable strikes to carry out successfully. Anybody who's played football at any level knows that.
But the second interests me even more, because it says something about the character of the man. Beautiful through ball from Dzeko (er, Dzeko and Negredo can't play together? is anybody still saying that?), and in fact, Negredo's first touch was poor. I thought he'd fluffed the chance, myself, but he put in that extra little bit of shift that makes the difference — by the way, his acceleration over eight to ten yards must be comparable to Sergio's in fact, that's not something that any of us quite realized at the start of the season — he gets to the ball first, doesn't hit it particularly well, because he's stretched, but it's a power goal, like the one against Liverpool. So the first is a masterpiece of technique, the second a masterpiece of power. This guy has to be the buy of the season in the PL, and arguably in Europe.
It didn't matter by then, but the last goal was an absolute peach. Having skied several shots which he really should have had on target, Edin finally connected perfectly, and when he does, there's nothing that any keeper in the world can do about it. But those two touches before it, taken with Edin's strike concluding the movement, make it perhaps the most superb goal of the game (and there were several): whoever put that ball through to Kolarov — was it Silva, I wasn't sure? — then Kolarov's cutback., then Edin's volley. When we play like that, we simply slice teams open. It reminds me of some of the moves of the 68-71 team, when they were absolutely on top form.
Yes, West Ham were weak. But they are professional footballers in the world's most difficult league, the PL. By definition, they are part of an elite that concerns a few hundred athletes at the most. And they were made to look like amateurs. We ran rings around them as Bayern ran rings around us in the Etihad game. How does that happen?? Does me head in at times. Anyway, say it to yourself one more time: at times this season, you are watching the sexiest football being produced in the PL, hands down.

Great post.

Well so much for some of the silly predictions from the Prophets of Doom in the Pre match tread

I did not think West Ham were that awful, not brilliant but they had the misfortune to play us when we felt like playing, the result was a forgone conclusion

What an easy win that was last night . I thought we were brilliant last night . Still buzzing today .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.