City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

Neville Kneville said:
If Pellegrini left Milner out because he thinks he's not good enough to face Wigan or Sunderland, then he is wrong. I'm happy to believe that isn't why he left Milner out. He has been injured recently, & that is more likely the reason.

If any of you think that the side Pellegrini picked, isn't strong enough to play a lower league team in a cup game, you are a dick.

They fucked up. That's why we lost. If the players picked had done their jobs up to the standard they are capable of producing, they would have won. Likewise, if we pick the strongest team & they play like turds, they will lose to Wigan, in the same way they were losing to Sunderland.

There was nothing wrong with the team selection, but the players selected didn't turn up, until it was too late.

I understand where you are coming from mate, but honestly when we don't play the A team it's always the same. The only game I can think of where we played the B team and they played really well was - bizarrely - Bayern away. Other than that, we either start with Komps, Yaya, Fern, Silva, Nasri and Aguero, or we are shit. Simple as that.

Ask yourself this. Would Micah shine in the Wigan side? No. Would MDM? No. Garcia? No. Lescott? He'd be OK, just. These players are not top 4 material, let alone title contender material. And when the opposition play like its their cup final - as they always do against us - and we play average players who don't give 110%. the result is predictable.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
I am stil seething after we have thrown the FA Cup away again!

First post since!

And for what?????

The fact that this thread is still rumbling on days after the Barcelona game says it all really.
This is a self inflicted defeat that will last a long time in the memory. Two years running to
beat Chelsea and then lose to Wigan ... only City could do this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.