City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

TGR said:
Ducado said:
TGR said:
Have you?
Because 95% of match going Blues would agree with him.

No I have not all I can say is most that I know whilst being disappointed have taken it in their stride

I don't think the match day thread reflected your viewpoint.

So you are taking the match day thread as representative of City fans in general? All I can say is god help us if that's the case

TGR said:
Ducado said:
TGR said:
Have you?
Because 95% of match going Blues would agree with him.

No I have not all I can say is most that I know whilst being disappointed have taken it in their stride

I don't think the match day thread reflected your viewpoint.

Matchday thread doesn't reflect any rational veiwpoint

What are we suggesting here? Play full strength against Wigan, and put a second string against Barca?

Or go full strength in both and have our top players facing their third game in six days against Hull.

Its a juggling act. And the side we put out against Wigan should have got the job done. It didnt so MP will get criticism. But there are pretty good reasons why it happened, and we'll benefit tonight, on Saturday and for the test of the season from some of our players being rested.

One of the many reasons I hated the GPC was how he disrespected the LC to the point where people now question whether its a major competition.

One of the reasons I hate Wenger is he followed suit with the LC and raised the ante by putting his mythical "4th place trophy" above the FA Cup.

One of the reasons I actually liked Stuart Pearce even though he was a shit manager was the fact he played 10 reserves in the PL immediately before the FA Cup QF against West Ham. Of course the one first teamer he played got injured and we lost both games but his heart was in the right place.

Khaldoon gets City ... try to win all 4 trophies.

Mancini got City ... he publicly apologised for the LC team he selected at West Brom days before we played Chelsea in the PL. He said he had
had to think long and hard about his selection as he knew how desperate we were to win a trophy.

I really don't think the 2 Barca boys get City.The CEO didn't seem to realise the LC even existed when setting his 5 in 5 target. If he did he didn't
care about it.

I'm unclear whether Pellegrini gets City or not. Maybe his FA Cup selection was just totally naive. I think he admitted to underestimating Wigan.
He has though damaged his reputation with a lot of the fans (hopefully temporarily) which is sad given he won his first trophy a week earlier.

moomba said:
What are we suggesting here? Play full strength against Wigan, and put a second string against Barca?

Or go full strength in both and have our top players facing their third game in six days against Hull.

Its a juggling act. And the side we put out against Wigan should have got the job done. It didnt so MP will get criticism. But there are pretty good reasons why it happened, and we'll benefit tonight, on Saturday and for the test of the season from some of our players being rested.

He deserves criticism for his ongoing underuse of James Milner, including on Sunday

moomba said:

The 'match going fans' (fucking lol....) wont be happy with that piece of common sense.

BringBackSwales said:
moomba said:

He deserves criticism for his ongoing underuse of James Milner, including on Sunday
Definitely agree with this. I can understand that Pellegrini doesn't see Milner as being in his best 11 but are we now saying that Milner isn't in our top 16/17 players?

If Pellegrini left Milner out because he thinks he's not good enough to face Wigan or Sunderland, then he is wrong. I'm happy to believe that isn't why he left Milner out. He has been injured recently, & that is more likely the reason.

If any of you think that the side Pellegrini picked, isn't strong enough to play a lower league team in a cup game, you are a dick.

They fucked up. That's why we lost. If the players picked had done their jobs up to the standard they are capable of producing, they would have won. Likewise, if we pick the strongest team & they play like turds, they will lose to Wigan, in the same way they were losing to Sunderland.

There was nothing wrong with the team selection, but the players selected didn't turn up, until it was too late.

I don't really see how starting with Aguero, Negredo, yaya, Nasri etc is disrespectful to the cup or Wiggin. If you can't use your "squad" players at home to wiggin, when CAN you use them ? If Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho had started, then got injured, everyone would be moaning that they should have been rested. Hindsight is a wonderful tool in post match discussions. It was just a poor performance (for an hour) by a team that should by rights, smash wiggin 99 times out of a hundred. I agree with the "start with the strongest 11 possible" policy for all league games, but we have to use the squad in the cups, innit ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.