City v Wigan Post Match Thread (FA Cup)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Ducado said:
This all day. 95% of matchgoing blues are totally fucked off still.
Domestic success all the way for me.

Have you done a poll?

I refuse point blank to get into this with you because I know what will happen.
I don't need to do a poll. The only people who dont give a fuck about Sunday are the people who haven't invested time,money and passion over the past x number of years dreaming of trips to wembley and domestic success.
Even Arsenal got it right with this one. They knew they had virtually no chance of winning last night but demolished Evertonl on Sunday.
I suppose I am being hysterical eh? Looking for a bite?? I am way beyond that,I just care passionately for my club and don't like to see them dissing the FA Cup. We all slated the rags for doing the same years ago for pulling out. We may have well done the same.
This is no bile or hatred twds MP, this is the way it is as a match going fan.

post of the thread.

There is no hysteria or depression,just strong feelings. If I was depressed would I right now be on a train from barcalona airport gagging for tonight's game to come around. A game I know we can win,well as long as we put the best 11 out.

Btw if anyone thinks bluemoon represents the majority of match going fans they are totally deluded.

No, sorry, there's a bit more to this than "It was a defeat, shit happens, get over it". That's why there's still so much anger on this thread. We are MCFC, with pretensions, at some point in the not very distant future, to winning the CL. This was against Wigan, a useful Championship side. We are at what used to be called, not very long ago, "Fortress Etihad". We comprehensively outplayed arguably our biggest rivals, in an impeccable match, to get to this stage of the competition, and then appeared to throw it away by strolling round the park for the entire first half. I can accept every other defeat this season — Chelsea at their place in the league, stupid cock-up between two players, Chelsea at our place in the league, outthought and outplayed, no arguments, Bayern, better team all round on the night, etc., etc. — but this defeat was completely inexcusable, because it appeared to be a problem of attitude, right across the board with the exception of Nasri.
As for whether posters on BM represent "normal, match-going fans", there's absolutely no way of proving it either way, and it looks to me like a pointless discussion. Certainly, the 47,000 who turn up week in week out (and who were there on Sunday, and who are still, I strongly suspect, pretty cheesed off) do not all post on BM.

de niro said:
Ducado said:
Have you done a poll?

I don't need to do a poll. The only people who dont give a fuck about Sunday are the people who haven't invested time,money and passion over the past x number of years dreaming of trips to wembley and domestic success.
Even Arsenal got it right with this one. They knew they had virtually no chance of winning last night but demolished Evertonl on Sunday.
I suppose I am being hysterical eh? Looking for a bite?? I am way beyond that,I just care passionately for my club and don't like to see them dissing the FA Cup. We all slated the rags for doing the same years ago for pulling out. We may have well done the same.

post of the thread.

There is no hysteria or depression,just strong feelings. If I was depressed would I right now be on a train from barcalona airport gagging for tonight's game to come around. A game I know we can win,well as long as we put the best 11 out.

Btw if anyone thinks bluemoon represents the majority of match going fans they are totally deluded.

The strong feelings and anger seems to be felt by 6 or 7 posters on the whole forum, it dose not mean that most blues are not disappointed by the result, it's just that most can take it in their stride and move on, by the way I actually thought we would lose the game prior to KO and I told a mate of mine to get his money on Wigan, for whatever reason we were not up for it

Last word from me on this subject you and a few others have formed your own opinions which are vastly different than my own, it does not make you or me a better or worse fan (as you seem to be alluding to) it just means we have different perspectives

Have a nice time in Barcelona

Ducado said:
de niro said:

post of the thread.

The strong feelings and anger seems to be felt by 6 or 7 posters on the whole forum, it dose not mean that most blues are not disappointed by the result, it's just that most can take it in their stride and move on, by the way I actually thought we would lose the game prior to KO and I told a mate of mine to get his money on Wigan, for whatever reason we were not up for it

Last word from me on this subject you and a few others have formed your own opinions which are vastly different than my own, it does not make you or me a better or worse fan (as you seem to be alluding to) it just means we have different perspectives

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder if these 6 or 7 dissenters are in the "boo Dzeko, boo kolarov, boo Garcia " camp as well as the "it makes my blood boil cos we lost to Wigan" camp. ? ? Hmmm. I just bet ............

My feeling was that the Champions League was a step too far for us this season and that the Premier League had started to slip away from us.

So I wanted us to concentrate on beating Wigan and give us a chance of getting to the final to contest another trophy.

In this we failed miserably which was down to bad selection by the manager and lack of interest by the players.

I am still disgusted by the result!

Bill, I was disappointed on Sunday but as I walked (limped) away from the ground I heard many people saying 'well, we can beat Barcelona on Wednesday' and 'we will win the league'. I didn't hear any anger as such, just disappointment. Pellegrini put out a team that SHOULD AND COULD have beaten Wigan. They didn't but it is the FA Cup and how many times do people talk about 'Giantkilling' in the FA Cup.

I'm over it, we move onwards and upwards. I am a match going fan (as you know) I would be with you all in Barcelona if it weren't for my back problem,s so I think I know a teensy bit about football as well. It was a defeat, we lost, we've lost before and we'll lose again.

Cheer very loudly for me tonight Bill and see you sometime at one of the matches. :-)

Ducado said:
de niro said:

post of the thread.

Just as a matter of interest, I wonder if these 6 or 7 dissenters are in the "boo Dzeko, boo kolarov, boo Garcia " camp as well as the "it makes my blood boil cos we lost to Wigan" camp. ? ? Hmmm. I just bet ............

Let's remember that in 3 of the last 4 games we've played against Wigan, we've lost 2 and been given a fright in another. It's always annoying to lose a game but as I said earlier in the thread., I strongly suspect that having already won one of the domestic cups, the FA Cup was far lower in priority than the league and probably even tonight.

I'm disappointed we went out of the FA Cup but it means we don't have to rearrange yet another league game we can barely fit in and I'll feel much the same if we go out tonight. I'm not convinced we have a realistic chance of winning the CL but we do of winning the league.

nice neil said:

Speaking as one of the 6 or 7 dissenters in the "it makes my blood boil cos we lost to Wigan camp" I fail too see what the hell you are talking about?
We are not boo boys. We are simply pissed off about our manager's team selection. One or two have expressed concern about the perceived
attitude of some of the players. What do you want? Everybody to be happy clappy North Korean style to our Great/Beloved or whatever name you
want to give him manager even when he costs us our best chance of a second trophy this season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.