City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Overall good win moved the ball excellent in the first half. Even when the team seemed to be complacent in the second half they held strong keeping the clean sheet. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs have all leaked goals but City hasn't allowed one. When City starts putting both halves together they will be as strong as any team in Europe.

Considering we have so many new players, we were great today. I never felt that Wolves posed a threat. Only problems being we should have got a bagful and possibly the two substitutions should hae been made slightly sooner.

Overall an 8 out of 10 for the team performance. Man of the Match??? - take your pick of any outfield player.

Must admit that I must've been tripping today:-)
Thought we would have got a few more goals.
Was a bit surprised about bringing on NDJ for Robbie,
thought we would've brought on Petrov to give them something
else to think about, instead of them charging forward, cos in
the first half they looked terrified of us.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I just wanted to say I thought we were poor today, but thought Bridge was huge, best he has played for us today.
agree wholeheartedly with above. Also Adebayor, Barry, Toure & Given all did very well IMO.

Tevez & Ireland looked bewildered and also tired. Robbie was well below par on pace, energy and delivery as was SWP - his worst game for a while. Richards & Dunne also had games to forget. A stark contrast to Mancienne, who was alert, two footed and creative. IMO.

Overall a disapponting relief that Wolves didn't share the points.

johnny crossan said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
I just wanted to say I thought we were poor today, but thought Bridge was huge, best he has played for us today.
agree wholeheartedly with above. Also Adebayor, Barry, Toure & Given all did very well IMO.

Tevez & Ireland looked bewildered and also tired. Robbie was well below par on pace, energy and delivery as was SWP - his worst game for a while. Richards & Dunne also had games to forget. A stark contrast to Mancienne, who was alert, two footed and creative. IMO.

Overall a disapponting relief that Wolves didn't share the points.

I agree with this, it takes time to gel players but some really encouraging signs. Ireland out of position not his usual self but he'll learn to interchange bombing on with barry/de jong. Front 3 had good inter link play but good have had a bit more urgency, a bit more speed.

Dunne and toure looking better and better, sweep all over the place but not too sure why they felt the need to change wings so often. Mancienne was good, can see why chelsea want to keep him, jarvis , their 17 looked good at times.

Should have been 3-1 for me

I did say in another thread that I thought wolves looked good when I saw them play, and they did come out fighting for a point, which was great for us, because it did show that with skill and some luck, we can defend.

That aside. Some games you watch and you think. "This will be 7-0 to us", then one goes in and everything seems to miss by an inch or just bounce the wrong way.

I thought the game was excellent in the first half, and we stood our ground well in the second, though not sure why we didn't keep possesion as well.

I won't look back on it and think that was a great game for 90 minutes, but I will think, that gets us 3 more points closer to the top 4.

The new signings are just excellent, frankly, I was pleased with all the lads, I see them just getting stronger and stronger the more they win.

Good to see Wolves in their famous gold and black at COMS today.

I don't like seeing teams in 'away strips' when I go to watch City at home just as I don't like seeing City not in sky blue whan I watch them on their travels.

Still think we are winning despite the formation rather than because of it. 1 too many attacking players.Today it was more 4-2-4 than 4-4-2. Bringing in a defensive midfielder will atually make us better going forward, allow greater movement. The current system restricts Ireland and Robinho, they dont have enough freedom to move about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.