City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

Ducado said:
None of us really know how the team gelling is going to be honest, it is going to take a while in my opinion, I very much doubt we will hammer Wolves, they are a newly promoted team, and they tend to play much better the first part of the season, not that I don't expect City to win, but all this talk of hammering them is silly.
Finally someone who talks sense.

Squid_Wolf said:
Ducado said:
None of us really know how the team gelling is going to be honest, it is going to take a while in my opinion, I very much doubt we will hammer Wolves, they are a newly promoted team, and they tend to play much better the first part of the season, not that I don't expect City to win, but all this talk of hammering them is silly.

To be fair you will find that the majority of City fans are not that cocky, we have high expectations but as a whole we are not cocky, we are just getting use to this new world, it's like winning the lottery

I'll be happy with scraping a 1-0.

This has the potetial to be our Burnley moment.

Squid_Wolf said:
I love how you all need to discuss putting out the most superdooper City team to face 'lowly' Wolves. We should feel honoured lol.

Wasnt too long ago we were'lowly' City...we just happened to have a bit of luck..

I remember Wolves from the Derek Dougan days...good luck this year..mick mccarthy deserves it.

Squid_Wolf said:
Ducado said:

I will re-fraze my earlier post...... I expect us to beat you, we are high on confidence, the match is a sell out. We will be right behind the boys if we get an early goal then i think you are in trouble.

alera said:
--------------------Given-------------------

Richards----Toure----Dunne----Bridge

SWP-----Ireland------Barry----Robinho

------------Bellamy----Adebayor---------

Subs: Taylor, Zabaleta, Onouha, De Jong, Weiss, Petrov, Tevez

Thats a frightening looking bench. Not many sides have that much quality on the sidelines.

I reckon this is spot on apart from Tevez to start instead of Bellamy, but you may well be right.

Squid_Wolf said:
Ducado said:

I remember David Wagstaffe leaving us for you, a big, big loss to City.

samharris said:
Squid_Wolf said:
I love how you all need to discuss putting out the most superdooper City team to face 'lowly' Wolves. We should feel honoured lol.

Wasnt too long ago we were'lowly' City...we just happened to have a bit of luck..

I remember Wolves from the Derek Dougan days...good luck this year..mick mccarthy deserves it.
I can't deny that tbh. I think if we apply the early pressure that got us the goal at Wigan, we'll get Keogh to get us a goal. BUT I think you'll win by a goal margin of two.

Profile of the Wolves team

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1208221/Into-Wolves-lair-Who-new-boys-taking-200m-Manchester-City.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

I think it all depends on who scores the first goal, if Wolves score first - highly probable with our track record on corners, they could then "park the bus" and we may struggle finding a goal - no counter-attacking play required because they will be on the defensive, however if we score the first, they come out to play, then it could end up with a score similar to Hull, Pompey last season. My prediction, us to score within the first 10 minutes, then an open game, 3 (or 4) - 0

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.