City Voice - Name the stand

The Club are asking for ideas about officially re-naming the South Stand. Whereas some of us may occasionally refer to the East Stand as The Kippax that is an unofficial reference amongst,probably, not that many. I take your point, the East Stand is opposite the Main Stand (West Stand,Colin Bell Stand) and originally was occupied mainly by fans who had transferred from Maine Road`s `New Kippax`. The `singers` for want of a better word, will mainly congregate behind the goal in the currently named South Stand. In the spirit of The Kippax, why not recognise the name formally,forever, and why not now for the new South Stand?
21n4bwg.jpg

Erm should it not be called The something seated seeing as standing is not permitted. The South seated, North seated ., Colin Bell seated Main seated yea I like the sound of that. Ok that's settled then.

as its an 'all seater' stadium ..... why not call it .... The We Can't Stand Stand ....... lol

Erm should it not be called The something seated seeing as standing is not permitted. The South seated, North seated ., Colin Bell seated Main seated yea I like the sound of that. Ok that's settled then.

The Sitting?

I was just thinking to myself then, do they call it a Stand because fans used to stand in the old days or is it because its a Stand as its like a independent erection of funtion ... like a fruit stand? I've never never told ... can someone teach me?

Great banner, now probably replaced by the new advertising band around the ground and, though I stand to be corrected, the occupants seats could be the new Premium Seats, and maybe even these occupants will not be sat there next season. Notwithstanding the great banner and its sentiments, the East Stand (where I sit having transferred from the New Kippax and before that from the original Kippax to the New Kippax along with all my family) is not universally or even generally referred to as The Kippax on a regular basis by those who occupy the seats around me nor the majority of my mates. I sometimes refer to the East Stand as The Kippax but more often than not these days am met with a blank expression.

Is there merit in calling the new South Stand, `THE KIPPAX`? If not, what should it be named?

Great banner, now probably replaced by the new advertising band around the ground and, though I stand to be corrected, the occupants seats could be the new Premium Seats, and maybe even these occupants will not be sat there next season. Notwithstanding the great banner and its sentiments, the East Stand (where I sit having transferred from the New Kippax and before that from the original Kippax to the New Kippax along with all my family) is not universally or even generally referred to as The Kippax on a regular basis by those who occupy the seats around me nor the majority of my mates. I sometimes refer to the East Stand as The Kippax but more often than not these days am met with a blank expression.

Is there merit in calling the new South Stand, `THE KIPPAX`? If not, what should it be named?
what about when we sing WE ARE THE KIPPAX? 109 to 111, 112 etc (even though some of the corner is the Sth Stand I know)

Plenty still think it should be The Kippax....South Stand is THE SOUTH STAND ....everyone is used to that and they even chant it. Still banter between the two stands too now and then

what about when we sing WE ARE THE KIPPAX? 109 to 111, 112 etc (even though some of the corner is the Sth Stand I know)

Plenty still think it should be The Kippax....South Stand is THE SOUTH STAND ....everyone is used to that and they even chant it. Still banter between the two stands too now and then

Fair point though the "We Are The Kippax" is not a whole stand feeling and whilst it may be chanted now and then can we really say this is how we all see it? The essence of The Kippax was that it was the stand and place we congregated in where the passion and the noise came from or was usually generated from. In the 21st century, I suggest that this is more probably going to come from behind the goal from now on. I appreciate that naming of stands is likely to cause much debate and, hopefully, reasoned cases, however I can not escape from feeling that the name of`THE SOUTH STAND, lacks soul and originality. The North Stand at Maine Road became the South Stand at the City of Manchester Stadium and then The Etihad. We need to find the right name and stick with it as long as we are at our current stadium.

Fair point though the "We Are The Kippax" is not a whole stand feeling and whilst it may be chanted now and then can we really say this is how we all see it? The essence of The Kippax was that it was the stand and place we congregated in where the passion and the noise came from or was usually generated from. In the 21st century, I suggest that this is more probably going to come from behind the goal from now on. I appreciate that naming of stands is likely to cause much debate and, hopefully, reasoned cases, however I can not escape from feeling that the name of`THE SOUTH STAND, lacks soul and originality. The North Stand at Maine Road became the South Stand at the City of Manchester Stadium and then The Etihad. We need to find the right name and stick with it as long as we are at our current stadium.

How about 'The Invisible Stand?' It's not really there.

I put hate the idea in the boxes provided & when they asked why I said because it was cringeworthy, lacked dignity & was not what City was all about. I also told them that I hated the term Cityzens & whoever came up with it should be sacked if we are anything we are Citizens!! Said call it after Joe Mercer, Bert Trautmann, Mike Doyle or one of our other legends

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.