City vs Aston Villa Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
Expecting a pretty dull and standard win here.

Despite their stuff against the scousers (and well done for that Villa), they aren't really world beaters and Tim Sherwood should be carrying a big NEW MANAGER BOUNCE sign around his neck. The teams who beat us are the ones who sit back defensively, press us until their legs drop off, then pounce forward with a long ball. Not really Villa's style despite a few quick players in their team.
Villa need a win because of their position and they are also confident. That's an awkward combination. This is the worst time to play them.

But we should beat them. Unless we're playing a Chelsea or Arsenal, it's all about us

citymad said:
I'm With Stupid said:
They were all over Liverpool, pressing high up the pitch and forcing errors. Exactly the sort of play that will cause problems for us. Whether they can match that intensity outside of a cup game is another question. They've got a long wait for the FA Cup final now, so I don't expect it to distract them too much though. And they're not playing in midweek or anything.

Agreed, usually a point against this much improved villa side would be ok but we're desperate for 3 points here. Hoping the players will show the same amount of desire they did against the hammers but I'm not convinced. Part of me thinks it was due to West ham rolling over for us. Villa will be up for this one, it's another chance to get a big scalp and a rehearsal for the gunners. Their new look 4-3-3 will definitely pose a problem for us and Sherwood will target our lack of intensity and get their high energy players to play a pressing game. I hope to god Pellers has given that a little thought when preparing for this game. I'm predicting 2-2, hoping we'll nick a winner but won't be srprised if they get the three points.

We don't seem to do well against teams that have recently changed their style and formation.

They have been playing well. If they press us and attack then that could work to our advantage if it opens up some space to play into. We just need to be parient and not squash too much into their box because we could be caught on the break very easily.

Think we need to keep the same team, thought we played well the other day. Maybe swap Lampard out for Fernandinho but that's about it

The Fat el Hombre said:
Think we need to keep the same team, thought we played well the other day. Maybe swap Lampard out for Fernandinho but that's about it

Way too sensible,the tinker man will change as much as possible lol

The Fat el Hombre said:

I would do that and bring Clichy in for Kolorov if fit.

Another cup final hopefully chelsea and blue dippers can do us a couple of favours.

So to summaries so far:
We have no chance against Villa. If they park the bus we won't be able to break them down. If they press us high up we get beat as well.
All we can hope for is Villa falling asleep for 90 min. Oh yes, and ofcourse Pellegrini should not change anything. Well, just Lampard. And Kolarov.
Really looking forward to this one. The atmosphere will be terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.