City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Re: How do you feel after a defeat like that?

McKenzie'sGoalWasBetter said:
I'm absolutely disgusted. I thought we played well at times, worked hard when we didnt have the ball. Yaya, Negrado and Fernindinho got stuck in and covered every blade of grass. Kompany was magnificent. Again. And Silva brilliant and unlucky not to score. But Im still disgusted. And I blame Pellegrini. It was him that picked the team and him that picked DiMichelis. How can Pellegrini not see how poor MDM is? An absolute liability, wether it be in defence or midfield. I hope he never wears the shirt again.

oh dear!!! thought MDM played well until then

TonyM said:
What happens if we are winning 2-0 in the 2nd leg? Does it go to extra time and pens?

No, the ref gives them a dodgy penalty to hand them the tie!

ZZmaestro said:
Now i just feel inside like how Drogba must have felt back in that night.
Barca REALLY are the european rags. When you play against them, you are facing a 12 men opponent.
Yet, the game is still on.
If we manage to have Kun, Silva, Nasri, Fernh and Yaya on pitch at the Camp Nou, then anything can happen.
We "only" need 2 goals to have the rights to play the penalties, nothing we haven't already done before.
"fucking disgrace"

nederblue said:
I thought we were totally outplayed. We hardly saw the ball and looked a patch on our normal home form. There were some good performances but collectively it was not good. Say what you want but we are out, il be stunned if we get through. It was also a strange atmosphere in the ground, as fans we need to do our bit. I think we will win two trophies this season and be better in the CL next season. Overall I'm pretty gutted, we should have done better.

Try not thinking then, it does not serve you well.

I'm With Stupid said:
jerseyblue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
and watched messi score? He started 5 yards behind Messi and had no chance of catching him.

Watching him score would have been fine with me...as opposed to watching him score from the spot with 10 men on the pitch.
True. Although he did take him down outside the area, so the real dilemma was should he save a goal in exchange for getting sent off. He decided he should, and they were wrongly awarded a penalty.

This De Michelis faced a choice about giving a free kick away potentially keeping the score at 0-0 OR let him run through and keep 11 players on the pitch but go 1-0 down

I would have done the same thing he did. You can't legislate for the referee f*cking it up and giving a pen.

momo88 said:
well i wouldn't say it was entertainment but still experience

as for Pellegrini serve him right playing this shit negative football why kolarov felt when the team has the ball instead of going forward they were slowing ???????????????

I bet my a** Mourinho's Chelsea could win against this Barca side

I knew Barca wasn't going easy so now Stoke saturday another new hard game :)

!!!!! play with with boring mentality you got a shit result, in my humble opinion and I am not a expert ! the team never played with this formation this season i felt there was no automatism when the players attacked, If Chelsea played that boring way they could get a result cause i think they play that way so its easy for them. Add to that the fact that you play to restrictive everytime you make a mistake your opponent is in your half and can exploit it

PSG last year gave barca a hard game scored the same 3 goals with less negative football

?????????

Hamann Pineapple said:
Stop moaning. Clear penner.

839752155.jpg

lol
excellent!

Shirley said:
AntonDonJuan said:
Shirley said:
As an experienced defender, which he is, he should have stayed on his feet and let messi go. He chose to slide in as per usual and bring him down. His choice, he chose to bring him down.

He should bring his own joypad out for fifa which every button just makes him slide tackle

He actually had a decent game up until that point but it was a daft decision. If it stayed 1-0 we are still in the game, but it's not and demichelis getting sent off for a stupid tackle he was never going to win is the main reason for that

It was 0-0 when he was sent off.
Carry on searching for a scapegoat.
it was 0-0 he got sent off and gave them a penalty which makes it 1-0. We then have to play the rest of the game with 10 men and they score again. He had a decent game before the silly tackle, stepped in when he had to and dropped off when he had to. But if you dont think the tackle and the subsequent 10 men had anything to do with getting beat then i'm amazed. He didn't single handedly cost us the game, but he sure as hell made a big contribution to it with the tackle

micky_blue said:
nederblue said:
I thought we were totally outplayed. We hardly saw the ball and looked a patch on our normal home form. There were some good performances but collectively it was not good. Say what you want but we are out, il be stunned if we get through. It was also a strange atmosphere in the ground, as fans we need to do our bit. I think we will win two trophies this season and be better in the CL next season. Overall I'm pretty gutted, we should have done better.

Disagree............yes we are probably out but the rest you write is crap

It's all about opinions. I never thought we would get a result during the game. Based on some of the football we have played this season that is disappointing. Many were quick to write off Barcelona before the game, I think they showed us we have a way to go before we win the CL. I cannot fault the effort, I just don't think we believed we would win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.