City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

willy eckerslike said:
shevtheblue said:
Basquets and Alves showed their class today, class of cheating that is. But this is European football, dive and cheat and you will prosper.

But that IS Champions League football! It always has been (or at least since the nineties) and always will be. It will NEVER change.

So why is everyone up in arms at the odd decisions tonight? The only player we have who can con the ref is Kolarov. When you feel a touch, however slight, go down. If we want to win this competition, we have to become more Euro-aware.
yes, that's what I said :?: however I'm not saying we should join them in diving and conning the ref, we should just be aware of it more like the other English teams have become. You can't make half the tackles you can get away with in England..

fuck me that bill bradshaw on paper review just said we were completely outclassed,he did notice we had 10 for the second half didn't he.what a prick

The reality is, City still have a long way to go in becoming European champions, Barca did not even get out of second gear.

Dzekos Smile said:
The reality is, City still have a long way to go in becoming European champions, Barca did not even get out of second gear.

Very much coasting throughout most of the match, looked like a casual training exercise of rondo...It was, as another poster put it, a professional performance

They will be a very different side in the 2nd leg

shevtheblue said:
willy eckerslike said:
shevtheblue said:
Basquets and Alves showed their class today, class of cheating that is. But this is European football, dive and cheat and you will prosper.

But that IS Champions League football! It always has been (or at least since the nineties) and always will be. It will NEVER change.

So why is everyone up in arms at the odd decisions tonight? The only player we have who can con the ref is Kolarov. When you feel a touch, however slight, go down. If we want to win this competition, we have to become more Euro-aware.
yes, that's what I said :?: however I'm not saying we should join them in diving and conning the ref, we should just be aware of it more like the other English teams have become. You can't make half the tackles you can get away with in England..

Yes, sorry, should have started with "I totally agree ..."!

This, in my view, is what the ex-professionals mean by Champions League experience. It's a knowledge of how the refereeing styles change across the continent, and how you learn to influence him without him knowing. It'll come for us.

i really believe as others have said that the 2nd goal has more or less killed this tie

MP was understandably disappointed as we all are , but the rant at the referee wont help

barca , real players are great at theatrics and see where this has got them at UCL over the years

not saying we need to be diving and conning our way forward , but need to know that what you get away at EPL level , you don't at UCL

Umedaman said:
I'm too lazy to read through all 63 pages of comments but I saw an awful lot of you posting harsh words about demichelis, he was doing a fantastic job holding the box and going forward. I honestly can't believe how quick some of you are to hope he never plays for us ever again... He's still an important member of the team, get over yourselves and support every member of the squad for the full season.
I agree with that.... If I'm going to critical, Both Kompany and Demichelis gave the ball away far to often and gave possession back to Barca. Kompany should stop those long balls, they just give possession back 90% of the time.

I'm an aussie fan, not sure about DM yet but I thought City deserved better. Think about it, 1 goal due to a dubios penalty, down to 10 men and could have equalised or maybe won. Not being rosed glassed but I think that City are evolving and without Sergio had a chance to win. City have a chance in the next leg with Sergio back but dump DM; not quick enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.