City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

TFC said:
If Kun is back, we will fucking smash these in Spain.

Thees and only thees.

If not for MDM's questionable Red Card the match could have been completely different.

I'm proud of the lads. They all laid it all out and there were some missed opportunities. I'm not counting us out. CTID.

Very good performance.

We were down to 10 men and still cut them open a few times and they needed 3 players (Clichy, Lescott and Hart) to all make errors in judgement in the last minute to get that important second.

Nasri was simply superb when he came on and with him fully fit and Aguero back and on fire, a win Barcelona is not out of the question.

knew we weren't going to win when I saw the team sheet. At least Pellegrini will be forced to play someone better now Demichilis is out.

when advantage is played for a foul, and then the advantage is lost and the ref gives the foul, is the free kick given at the INITIAL FOUL or where the play stopped?

he fouled him outside the box, by a good half yard. it's never a penalty and only anti-City think it is

I'm too lazy to read through all 63 pages of comments but I saw an awful lot of you posting harsh words about demichelis, he was doing a fantastic job holding the box and going forward. I honestly can't believe how quick some of you are to hope he never plays for us ever again... He's still an important member of the team, get over yourselves and support every member of the squad for the full season.

Apart from that run ov messi which earned them a plenty,I thought we did quite decent against him and some ov other barcas players,proud ov the way boys played,with couple ov additions to our squad we,ll b very much at par with them next season,ever since I've bin a city fan it was a dream we played barcelona one day and we played well and can hold our head high up,if any English team can make a comeback it gota b city,especially if Aguero and nasri are In the starting 11 along with jojo and Silva,its very easy to be critical after a loss but that's just part ov the game,and even if we do go out it wouldn't b such a shame

Valiant effort from the boys. Extremely poor refreeing. Some of the players put in an excellent shift and it was great to see them fight till the end even when we were a player down

Positives.
Vincent Kompany what a player! Zaba and him bossed the right side defense and nobody could get past them.
Silva did brilliant, he made sure the little possession we had was put to good use. Such an underrated player.
Dinho despite just coming back from injury put in a great performance, love to see him tackle and charge with the ball.
Nasri cameo towards the end gave us a chance to fight back.

Negatives.
Negredo, being up on his own did not help him at all. Fought for the ball well, but his finishing has been poor lately.
Clichy/Demichelis. Left side of the defense has been a problem all season and it continues to be the same.

Another 90 minutes to go, and anything can happen. We will have Aguero back and i believe we have a good chance to beat them. We have seen how they play, its a chance for us to regroup, and play to their weaknesses.

Also, there is way too much respect for Barca in here. Hate them diving cunts! People calling Messi the best player in the world, he seemed nowhere near that against us.

Thank fuck i don't have to watch their style of football every week, boring tippy tappy shit that goes no where and is not exciting,i like it when we get the ball and roar them forward with a purpose whilst theirs is to just keep the ball,shite,dull and uninspiring,thought we did fine until MDMs moment of madness.

I thought 0-0 would have been a fair result but after switching off for the penalty and going down to ten men there was only one winner.

Thought Barca kept the ball well but I do think with Sergio and a bit of belief we can go there and give it a real go although it is a massive ask.

Very proud blue last night we have come so far.

For those saying the foul on Navas wasn't it WAS....taped the game and paused it right on where contact was made/wasn't made and there's clear contact.....foul given,no pen, no red card.If that was Messi do you think the ref wouldn't have given a foul...the referee was a joke all game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.