City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Chris in London said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Kerry bai said:
Graham Poll (ex-referee): "Contact continued until at least line marking penalty area and further, meaning awarding a penalty was correct."

Unlucky guys. There is still a second half to be played and I hope it will be a classic. Barca have reach 6 consecutive semi finals so losing is no shame. With some more experience City will be able to break into the European elite clubs, i.e. Barca, Madrid, Bayern. I don't see this team having years of European mediocrity like we see with Arsenal.
Graham Poll lol.......he who booked a player three times and didn't send him off. Surely the bookings should have continued to a sending off!

Where in the laws of the game is contact an offence?

Kicking and tripping an opponent is an offence punishable by a direct free kick or a penalty, contact is not.

Messi is still upright outside the box. He could have maintained his balance but MDM's trailing leg takes him down inside the box.

Damn proud of the players tonight,im just so pissed off that one decision swung it away from us....

Away leg still to go all to play for and i have hope :)

A bit stiff with some of the key decisions.

Overall we lacked the cutting edge to open them up but a draw wouldn't have resulted in many arguments.

Need to get back to winning ways against Stoke which is far more important now.

leewill31 said:
Damn proud of the players tonight,im just so pissed off that one decision swung it away from us....

Away leg still to go all to play for and i have hope :)

Agreed. So proud of our response. We were better with 10 men than they were with 11.

If we play in Spain like this for 90 minutes we will destroy them.

Hi Guys
Just to be clear from the beginning: I'm a Barcafan... I've been one since years but I'm not here to troll.
I really like ManCity and the way they are playing. I hope u guys will win the PL (and not that c**t Mourniho).

My thoughts on the game tonight: It was a very tactical affair... we dominated possession and waiting for ManCity to make an error. That's nothing new for the common Barcafan and especially at away-games we see it very often.
I believe ManCity made the big mistake of playing too passive. Why didn't u start with Nasri but Kolarov? Sure - it's dangerous too play offensive against Barca but at least u'd get more chances.
IMO there was no foul on Navas before the pen. Navas lost the ball to Alba and clearly tried to make the most out of it. Busquets didn't even tough him. The foul on Messi was a red card but if it was a pen is unclear. It was pretty close and could have gone either way.
City were lucky that the ref didn't give the goal from Pique which clearly wasn't offside btw!

Everything is possible in the return leg but in my exp. Barca are much sharper at home than they are away. Aguero is a great striker - one of the best there is - but I don't believe that u will beat us with 2 goals diff.

Proud of the boys tonight, every one of them played their heart out. Special mentions for Vinny and Silva.

Barca were better than us plain and simple, they came to our place and controlled the game for long periods.

What a privilege it was to see the great Messi in his pomp.

Re: no chance

THIS
uwe rosler 28 said:
Untill we are massive we have got no chance in the champs lge that ref was a disgrace sending off yes but outside box u can not touch a player in europe! Well played blues at least were not cheats!

My opinion of the game is in the first 10 or 15 minutes we were nervous and couldn't get near barca, but once we realised they are mere mortals, we settled down and ended the first half having had the better of the chances. We made 2 or 3 decent half chances and could have done better with them. I don't think Hart was really tested by any meaning attempt on his goal.
Ok we may have been unlucky with the pen decision, but understandable to be fair. My own opinion is if the foul has continued into the area then it's a pen. And I can't argue with the red card, although maybe we should have had a free kick beforehand. But that's football. But even with 10 men we still created some chances and could still have got a draw if we'd had a bit of luck. Barca's second was a killer, and I think we didn't deserve it after the way we battled with 10 men, but to be fair, there was an offside decision that went in our favor where the replay showed him to be on, so it could have been worse.

My main wish tonight was to give a good account of ourselves, and I think we did that, unfortunately it didn't go our way. I really never expected us to progress past barca, but if we'd managed a draw, or even 1-0 loss tonight I'd have fancied our chances as barca would be seeing us as a serious threat after tonight, but 2 goals is too much.

I've had all the usual haters and wums talking about how much we've spent and only getting to the last 16, but there's no shame in going out to the world's best team (or maybe second best) we just need to shut them up by winning all 3 domestic trophies. Jesus can you imagine saying that 10 year's ago?

Finally, we did beat bayern away, so you never know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.