City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Pics and comments on the Barcelona game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb14b.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb14b.htm</a>

Not going to quote it but agree with newenglandblue - we played it pretty well and were worth a draw. Thought Silva was magnificent again, and Ya Ya was better than you'd think from disgraceful BBC coverage.

Plenty of new faces in my bit of CB3 but interestingly very few of them cheered the goals (contrast to Real last year) - a good sign. Barca were technically great but very dull.

the blue panther said:
A lot of blue tinted specs in this part of the thread. Kompany - as much as I love him and wouldn't swap him for his commitment and leadership - isn't quite world class because he switches off - he did so for the goal - as that ball from Iniesta was played through, he didn't know where Messi was.
Keeping my tin hat on - as good as the 4 players named above were on the night (and apart from Silva, I don't think any of them were world class on the night), would Barca fans have wanted to swap any of their players for ours? I doubt it.
But, what we will never know - if Messi had been out for that game and Aguero had been fit for us , it might well have been very different. So, the 2nd leg could still be interesting.

Bwhahahahahahaha. There's blue tinted specs and there's massive 3D glasses (because they are red and green...and together red and green cancel out blue...this wasn't a good analogy).

Kompany is recognised worldwide by every neutral I've ever spoke to as a world class defender who would walk into every team in the world. If he isn't world class then world class defenders don't exist.

Dubai Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Was there last night and have just watched it back in full.

Imo our best performance individually and collectively for as long as I can remember.

Barcelona are fucking outrageously technically brilliant players. Their movement, intelligence and manipulation of the opponent's shape is like nothing I've ever seen 'live'.

I dont care what Kompany says they're easily the best team we've ever played against and I include Bayern in that.

To go toe to toe with such a team and restrict them to very few chances, whilst creating a pleasing number ourselves was quite frankly outstanding.

In reality they scored through a wrongly awarded penalty and a last minute goal against a team who'd run their bollocks off for 90+ minutes, 35 of which were with 10 men.

We showed last night we belong to be in the top echelons of european football. We showed we can truly mix it with the very best. Barcelona 1000% new they were in a game. Even with 10 men we were toe to toe with them and could've forced a draw or got a win.

Individually I think every single player (MDM included) had an absolute blinder and gave 110%. If we continue to play like that domestically we should wipe the floor with every competition we play in.

Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva were absolutely world class and were a joy to watch.

The luck didn't fall our way. Perhaps in the away leg it might.
That's EXACTLY how I saw it too. Was a bit puzzled when I saw the way it had been covered by most of the media this morning.

Yep. That's how I saw it too. A night to be proud of. Not because we didn't disgrace ourselves, but because we showed we have reached the highest echelons in European football. We are the best team in England, we are in the top 4 or 5 in Europe and we are one transfer window from winning the Champions League.

SO wtf is the definition of "World class" ? and can I have one good example if Vinny is not the one?
Fantastic team performance last night.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dubai Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:

Imo our best performance individually and collectively for as long as I can remember.

Barcelona are fucking outrageously technically brilliant players. Their movement, intelligence and manipulation of the opponent's shape is like nothing I've ever seen 'live'.

I dont care what Kompany says they're easily the best team we've ever played against and I include Bayern in that.

To go toe to toe with such a team and restrict them to very few chances, whilst creating a pleasing number ourselves was quite frankly outstanding.

In reality they scored through a wrongly awarded penalty and a last minute goal against a team who'd run their bollocks off for 90+ minutes, 35 of which were with 10 men.

We showed last night we belong to be in the top echelons of european football. We showed we can truly mix it with the very best. Barcelona 1000% new they were in a game. Even with 10 men we were toe to toe with them and could've forced a draw or got a win.

Individually I think every single player (MDM included) had an absolute blinder and gave 110%. If we continue to play like that domestically we should wipe the floor with every competition we play in.

Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva were absolutely world class and were a joy to watch.

That's EXACTLY how I saw it too. Was a bit puzzled when I saw the way it had been covered by most of the media this morning.

Yep. That's how I saw it too. A night to be proud of. Not because we didn't disgrace ourselves, but because we showed we have reached the highest echelons in European football. We are the best team in England, we are in the top 4 or 5 in Europe and we are one transfer window from winning the Champions League.
Amen to that.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dubai Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:

was that the transfer window just gone?

If Aguero is fit again for the return leg , then I think it will give us some impetus , I knoew it is a given but the next goal in the tie will be vital, if and its a big if we can get an early goal it will change the complex of the match, They are a good team but imho not a great one ,I just wish as we all do that we couldn't hold on at 0-1 Overall we were slightly guilty of giving them to much respect, and only pushed them when we were down to 10 men im not in anyway upset ,we have 3 major competitions to go for ,lets win them blues and pray for a miracle at the nou camp

Dave S said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Dubai Blue said:

Amen to that.
+1<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:23 pm --<br /><br />
Balti said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Dubai Blue said:

was that the transfer window just gone?
Nah, the one in the summers much better, the new lads get to do pre-season with their new team-mates.

the blue panther said:
Dubai Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:

A lot of blue tinted specs in this part of the thread. Kompany - as much as I love him and wouldn't swap him for his commitment and leadership - isn't quite world class because he switches off - he did so for the goal - as that ball from Iniesta was played through, he didn't know where Messi was.
Keeping my tin hat on - as good as the 4 players named above were on the night (and apart from Silva, I don't think any of them were world class on the night), would Barca fans have wanted to swap any of their players for ours? I doubt it.
But, what we will never know - if Messi had been out for that game and Aguero had been fit for us , it might well have been very different. So, the 2nd leg could still be interesting.

Absolutely ridiculous post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.