City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

Stoned Rose said:
the blue panther said:
Dubai Blue said:
That's EXACTLY how I saw it too. Was a bit puzzled when I saw the way it had been covered by most of the media this morning.

A lot of blue tinted specs in this part of the thread. Kompany - as much as I love him and wouldn't swap him for his commitment and leadership - isn't quite world class because he switches off - he did so for the goal - as that ball from Iniesta was played through, he didn't know where Messi was.
Keeping my tin hat on - as good as the 4 players named above were on the night (and apart from Silva, I don't think any of them were world class on the night), would Barca fans have wanted to swap any of their players for ours? I doubt it.
But, what we will never know - if Messi had been out for that game and Aguero had been fit for us , it might well have been very different. So, the 2nd leg could still be interesting.

Absolutely ridiculous post.

More than ridiculous. Embarrassing. Likkle City syndrome in full view.

I hate how some of our fans are blind to how good our players really are. And then they throw "blue tinted specs" at those who aren't blind like them. It's like they think that they are being clever.

Champions League is made up of these small moments and a lot of teams have lost it because of one decision here or there. In the end we have to accept that we can't go out and beat every team in this world. Barcelona is a great team and a lot of their players would make it into the worlds best XI. I would say they edged it a bit and were probably worth 1-0 (not 2-0 at all) but that was expected.

We should be proud for the XI who gave such a good fight including Demichelis. Hopefully we don't boo him during our next game because its not his fault that we don't have better CB's than him. He is 33 and he is a 2 million buy, we can't expect him to be Kompany all of a sudden. As long as the team shows spirit and desire I will be happy and yesterday they did.

For everyone who is calling out for Lescott to have been there in the XI, he din't look good enough for in the 35 minutes he was on I felt. Sanchez would have had a field day with someone not mobile at all.

In short great game by our players, no regrets at all. Lets move on and beat Stoke and we can think of the Away leg as and when.

Didsbury Dave said:
Dubai Blue said:
Stoned Rose said:
Was there last night and have just watched it back in full.

Imo our best performance individually and collectively for as long as I can remember.

Barcelona are fucking outrageously technically brilliant players. Their movement, intelligence and manipulation of the opponent's shape is like nothing I've ever seen 'live'.

I dont care what Kompany says they're easily the best team we've ever played against and I include Bayern in that.

To go toe to toe with such a team and restrict them to very few chances, whilst creating a pleasing number ourselves was quite frankly outstanding.

In reality they scored through a wrongly awarded penalty and a last minute goal against a team who'd run their bollocks off for 90+ minutes, 35 of which were with 10 men.

We showed last night we belong to be in the top echelons of european football. We showed we can truly mix it with the very best. Barcelona 1000% new they were in a game. Even with 10 men we were toe to toe with them and could've forced a draw or got a win.

Individually I think every single player (MDM included) had an absolute blinder and gave 110%. If we continue to play like that domestically we should wipe the floor with every competition we play in.

Kompany, Yaya, Fernandinho and Silva were absolutely world class and were a joy to watch.

The luck didn't fall our way. Perhaps in the away leg it might.
That's EXACTLY how I saw it too. Was a bit puzzled when I saw the way it had been covered by most of the media this morning.

Yep. That's how I saw it too. A night to be proud of. Not because we didn't disgrace ourselves, but because we showed we have reached the highest echelons in European football. We are the best team in England, we are in the top 4 or 5 in Europe and we are one transfer window from winning the Champions League.

You know something, after the game last night i was immensely proud of the performance we put, they prodded and passed the ball from one side of the pitch to another and imo we made them look ordinary, they were desperately trying to break through and we nullified the Worlds best player.they ran out of ideas to be frank , they passed with no penetration and Manuel set us up perfectly to counter attack them which we did on plenty of occasions.If that was Maureen it would be lauded as some tactical masterstroke.

Its not over in my opinion at there place, 1 goal will have there arses twitching big time, this team came of age in its last two home games, we know it and the likes of Maureen knows it aswell.

That was a very good performance last night no question, even my lad said Barca are nothing special, its because we had there number son!

Im usually pissed of after a defeat, but last night i had a knowing smile on my face-this team is the best in England without question.

Although Demichellis probably cost us the game...we must not completely turn on him. For all we know,it could've been anyone to make that mistake. A bit of rush of blood and he was off, but he tries 100% for us. every game

Didsbury Dave said:
Stoned Rose said:
the blue panther said:
A lot of blue tinted specs in this part of the thread. Kompany - as much as I love him and wouldn't swap him for his commitment and leadership - isn't quite world class because he switches off - he did so for the goal - as that ball from Iniesta was played through, he didn't know where Messi was.
Keeping my tin hat on - as good as the 4 players named above were on the night (and apart from Silva, I don't think any of them were world class on the night), would Barca fans have wanted to swap any of their players for ours? I doubt it.
But, what we will never know - if Messi had been out for that game and Aguero had been fit for us , it might well have been very different. So, the 2nd leg could still be interesting.

I hate how some of our fans are blind to how good our players really are. And then they throw "blue tinted specs" at those who aren't blind like them. It's like they think that they are being clever.

Not blind just objective.

Valdes
Alves Mascherano Pique Alba
Silva yAYA Busquets Iniesta
Messi Negredo

That would be a combined team from last night.

I know it is virtual a capital offence on here to criticize Kompany but his distribution is often pretty aimless. And so was MDM's last night which is strange for him. They both kept giving the ball back to Barca in the first half.

Much of the commentary on the game since has been very generic, full of tired old eulogies and hat tipping to a Barcelona team that really do not deserve it anymore. Barcelona looked very ordinary and quite beatable to me last night. The red card was a real shame, prior that we were on equal terms with them, they had the possession, we looked like the team more likely to score.

I give us decent odds in the return with Aguero and Nasri back.

I am convinced that the majority of Europe and here like the status quo.

Well. I have news for you world.
We ain't going anywhere. We are going to he huge.
And time to get angry. The establishment Is rocking.

Poor Stoke, your fucked.

I disappointed you's lost. As I like your club and hoped you do well. I think the manager lost you the match. I been impressed with pellegrini at times this season but in this game he got his team and tactics wrong.

He offered too much respect to barca and should have went 2 up front. I also don't understand why he plays demichelis. I think pellegrini is a good manager but I rate Mancini still a notch ahead of him when it comes to tactics and having better defence.

You's still doing well but I worried that pellegrini seems to bottle the big games. Mancini did have his flaws too at times but I do think he may have got a better result last night. It just his man manager skills that hold the Italian back from being a legendary manager. Still expect you's to have an awesome season and tbf you showed at times how good a side you are even with 10 men. It's a shame. Can you turn it round? You never know. Unlikely but never say never. Looking forward to playing you's in capital cup final soon as I sunderland fan. You's will most likely win just hope to give you's a game :) good luck for rest of season

3rdgenerationblue said:
I am convinced that the majority of Europe and here like the status quo.

Well. I have news for you world.
We ain't going anywhere. We are going to he huge.
And time to get angry. The establishment Is rocking.

Poor Stoke, your fucked.

I agree, we are going to tear Leslie a new arsehole.

robbieh said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Stoned Rose said:

Not blind just objective.

Valdes
Alves Mascherano Pique Alba
Silva yAYA Busquets Iniesta
Messi Negredo

That would be a combined team from last night.

I know it is virtual a capital offence on here to criticize Kompany but his distribution is often pretty aimless. And so was MDM's last night which is strange for him. They both kept giving the ball back to Barca in the first half.

Pique / Mascherano better CBs than Kompany?

Busquets better than Fernandinho?

You;re entitled to your opinion but with opinions like that don't expect many on here to read your posts in future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.