City vs Barca - Post Match Thread

I would imagine the grass is cut to match conditions before every match. And cut shorter than suitable for match conditions after every match to promote growth.

You see it regularly on the TV, I bet Barca do it as well.

FCBarca said:
Challenger1978 said:
FCBarca said:
So you cut if before & after matches yet it grew like that by the 33rd minute?...If it grows like that from match to match, that's some magic grass

Grass can grow incredibly fast in the right conditions (warm/wet). In fact some varieties of grasses can grow as much as 100cm to 250cm a day in optimal conditions.

In 33 minutes as well?...You & I know full well that Pellegrini used a tactic that several sides have against Barcelona...Not as lowclass as the potato patch that Mou used to but letting it grow long or failing to water it properly is very common

The beauty of Bayern under Heynckes (And I'm sure would remain the same under Pep) is that they wouldn't resort to that sort of gamesmanship...They want to beat you at your best - unfortunately, Barcelona were not and were soundly beaten by the team who was riding an incredible run of form

Undersoil heating + shits loads of rain (wettest winter since records began in the UK) + Artificial lighting (growlamps) = really really fast growing grass.

moomba said:
I would imagine the grass is cut to match conditions before every match. And cut shorter than suitable for match conditions after every match to promote growth.

Doesn't explain the length of the grass 3 days prior to the CL match, in the 33rd minute...It would suggest that the grass grew from the first whistle when it was presumably cut earlier to that length...Again, it'd be the equivalent of magic grass...It's a tactic, an unsportsmanlike one, IMO

Barcelona never let the pitch grow long and certainly don't play on it that way, irrespective of the opponent

Challenger1978 said:
FCBarca said:
So you cut if before & after matches yet it grew like that by the 33rd minute?...If it grows like that from match to match, that's some magic grass

Grass can grow incredibly fast in the right conditions (warm/wet). In fact some varieties of grasses can grow as much as 100cm to 250cm a day in optimal conditions.

A metre to 2.5 metres in a day?

brondurantwtf.gif

FCBarca said:
moomba said:

Doesn't explain the length of the grass 3 days prior to the CL match, in the 33rd minute...It would suggest that the grass grew from the first whistle when it was presumably cut earlier to that length...Again, it'd be the equivalent of magic grass...It's a tactic, an unsportsmanlike one, IMO

Barcelona never let the pitch grow long and certainly don't play on it that way, irrespective of the opponent

Sorry, must have missed something there. No idea what you're on about I'm afraid.

I presume there are allowable limits that must be complied with. I presume the length of our grass is within those limits.

I also presume the length of Barcas grass will be within those limits in the second leg.

Cutting grass before and after a game is common practice so I really am struggling to work out what the big problem is.

If we're going to get into debates about sportsmanlike conduct the length of the grass isnt going to be too high on my list of topics to discuss.

moomba said:
FCBarca said:
moomba said:

Sorry, must have missed something there. No idea what you're on about I'm afraid.

I presume there are allowable limits that must be complied with. I presume the length of our grass is within those limits.

I also presume the length of Barcas grass will be within those limits in the second leg.

Cutting grass before and after a game is common practice so I really am struggling to work out what the big problem is.

If we're going to get into debates about sportsmanlike conduct the length of the grass isnt going to be too high on my list of topics to discuss.

Lets face it, if the tables were turned and in order to stop the other team playing who thinks Barcelona would cut their grass to the minimum limit so to give the opposition as much chance as possible? Of course they are going to leave the grass at the maximum length so that the ball doesn't move as much. There will be limits set as to how long the grass should be and the match went ahead because it was within those limits.. Beyond measuring every single blade of grass I don't think it makes a massive amount of difference and it is certainly common practice for clubs to give themselves every possible chance.

FCBarca sounds like he's looking for anything to justify that Barcelona somehow play amazing football due to grass lengths and that was somehow hampered.... If we played football which would be hampered by grass lengths, then I'd bet my house that Barcelona would certainly consider not mowing their grass too......

This thread is ridiculous. I literally have a choice whether to watch paint dry or grass grow! Is this Barca bloke serious? Are we actually debating this. We have one of the best pitches in world football, the length of the grass doesn't alter so significantly as to impact on the style of play. Look at the pass completion percentages! Were there any serious injuries? All signs of a good pitch. Look at what Tottenham played on last night. Jesus Navas this guys a twat.

aguero93:20 said:
Does ranting on about grass count as wumming?

i am with for someone to post the youtube link for Safety Dance by Men Without Hats

Whilst this topic seems pointless I can't help but chip in. If barcas grass is shorter than everybody else's then isn't it Barca cheating and being unsportsmanlike as they it their grass too much to ensure better passing of the ball?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.