City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

daxman said:
grim up north said:
jellert said:
If you want to win a football match.. you need passion..desire... It was nowhere...

You also need the ball
Bayern didn't show any desire. They simply showed a level of professional expertise that we couldn.t match.
3-0 up and they're still pressing high up the pitch

Not in anyway saying Pellegrini should be sacked but the 4-4-2 is a mare. We made N'Nonzi and rest of Stoke midfield look like Barca the other wk. Way it's so open to let absolute shite sides like that Villa XI back in a game is very worrying.

Tonight is all on Pellegrini from our end, was so frustrating watching him sat there whilst Fern & Yaya got rinsed.

Would have to be delusional not to be a little worried about what's upcoming. Next 3 are all must wins, Everton H is always tough, Hammers A is a must cause of our terrible A record, then CSKA A is biggest game of our season to that point.

Bayern were outstanding and deservedly clapped off from both sets of fans. However the gulf between the sides was unacceptable.

floridablues said:
Poor result but reading through some of these comments... do people really believe Pellegrini will be out by January?? Come on now lets not get too carried away by a defeat to the defending European champion,s and favorites to repeat it again this year!!!! Time to move on to Everton!

Whilst i can see your point 'fb' , NOT winning early group games has been our downfall in past competitions , and already we lag behind others ...... already we have put pressure on ourselves to play catch up.

And let's not forget that Pellegrini has been brought here to improve our European performances ...... and so far he hasn't ... nor has he really improved the majority of our league performances.

He has targets to meet , and other than in the odd game , what we've seen so far just hasn't been good enough.

Absolutely outclassed in every department unfortunately

The tempo was set by Munich very early, and we ended up being scared to press the ball, as their movement and 1 & 2 touch was superior and we were scared to give them the ball because they moved with pace and ran at us with purpose.

First mistake allowing them the extra man in the middle 3 on 2 does not go especially when they are world class.they were allowed to play at their pace with the ball, and without it were the best I've seen at pressing to win it back. Edin (or Erin as spell check says) contributed absolutely nothing.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you were dry bummed, they were a different class

BlueHalli said:
To be honest , I say we intentionally finish 3rd and go into Europa league because we're fookin well out of our depth in champs league .

When it comes to Madrid, Dortmund, Barca and Bayern yes. But I'd rather get to a quarter final and get knocked out rather then the Europa. If we don't get that experience and the ranking points we will never get out of the cycle.

Re: CL Qualification

micky_blue said:
We will still qualify for the knockout phase.

wins at home against CSKA and Plezen gives us 9 points.

Even if we don't get anything in Moscow, 9 points may well be enough, if not last game in Munich when they have already won the group..

Lets hope so

Do we want to qualify after tonight?

Is it only me or Pellegrini looks completely unsure on tactical front? We can't hide behind 'playing best team in Europe' reason if we have ambitions to progress far in this competition.

if we lose in moscow we won't qualify, hell even if we draw we still have to beat them and plzen at home

BayernMan said:
That goal from Negredo,that misunderstanding at the middle which caused Boateng the red card,destroyed my happyness about this total domination over City in their own stadium.A game that should be at least 0-5 went 1-3 and for a bit we were near to 2-3.

Whatever... Bayern overall today was fantastic,pure class,I can't say much,City looked like a 2nd division team,there were not much to discuss except our own mistakes for the final 10' minutes this shouldn't happen again.
Not hard to do with a midfield 4 against practically 6.

Our tactics played into your hands.

Enjoy your evening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.