City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

I think Pellegrini learnt much after the game, how Munich circumnavigated the centre of midfield there by making Yaya useless because he's too slow. Next time we meet we should be through to the next round and know how to set up to make a better effort. If not we wasted our time getting rid of Mancini.

Brendan110_0 said:
I think Pellegrini learnt much after the game, how Munich circumnavigated the centre of midfield there by making Yaya useless because he's too slow. Next time we meet we should be through to the next round and know how to set up to make a better effort. If not we wasted our time getting rid of Mancini.

YAYA is not mobile enough to play the role of closing down quickly and harassing opposing players but against poorer sides he will do the job against top teams he should play behind the striker with 2 midfielders behind

waspish said:
YAYA is not mobile enough to play the role of closing down quickly and harassing opposing players but against poorer sides he will do the job against top teams he should play behind the striker with 2 midfielders behind

Exactly.

Against stronger opposition,our team should be something akin to ......

-----Rodwell--Fernandinho-------
---Navas---Yaya---Silva--------
----------Aguero-------------

We'd have been far stronger against Bayern with such a line up.

FantasyIreland said:
waspish said:

Exactly.

Against stronger opposition,our team should be something akin to ......

-----Rodwell--Fernandinho-------
---Navas---Yaya---Silva--------
----------Aguero-------------

We'd have been far stronger against Bayern with such a line up.

Yep.. funny most city fans think This and Pellegrini doesn't especially with his system he is trying to install in the side the closing down and harassing of opposing players! We play YAYA behind one of our strikers he could be a battering ram look what happened when he pushed on in the last 10 mins on Wednesday he was nearly through on goal till they took him out

1961RICH said:
I sort of hoped he would have known before losing rather than learning afterwards.

Doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, I never expected us to top the group but if we were to meet afterwards (semis/final) you would like to think the manager knows how to set up and defeat the un-beatable ala Chelsea style if needed or hope they have an off day :)

Why arent away fans subject to the same rules as home fans. Would we get away with standing on seats and orchestrating the fans, would we be allowed to get a drum into the ground? I think not. If the stewards make us sit down during the game shouldnt the away fans be made to do the same. It was the sound of the drum and the orchestrated noise which gave bayern the edge on wednesday they were their twelfth man. Stifle the away fans in the champions league and you stifle their encouragement.

bazzlar said:
Why arent away fans subject to the same rules as home fans. Would we get away with standing on seats and orchestrating the fans, would we be allowed to get a drum into the ground? I think not. If the stewards make us sit down during the game shouldnt the away fans be made to do the same. It was the sound of the drum and the orchestrated noise which gave bayern the edge on wednesday they were their twelfth man. Stifle the away fans in the champions league and you stifle their encouragement.
I think the way Pellegrini set us up so light in midfield and the fact Bayern are both European Champions and a phenomenally good football team is probably what gave them the edge in all honesty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.