City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

I WANT to say that i am sory if I offended any body it was not my intention. I think that you English people are very very tolerant people. If somewhere in the Balkans some poster came and started talking so aggresive something which is against majority there would be much more cursing and everything bad. I have seen enough in this game to see where the things are going regarding your great club and dont see the need to comment any more. I would like to say that i was saying last 3 day that if mr. Pelle want to start with 2 strikers he should make a midfield of ( Nasri - YAYA - Fernandinho - SILVA/Jovetic ). Not Navas. ( who was guilty of first goal in the opening minuts ). I told that only way to counter this Bayern is with possession. Not to counter 2 BEST WINGERS in the world with one not special winger. It was a disaster. Silva/Jovetic would of at least hold the ball and maybe if city scored first anything can happen. I really hope that mr.Pelegrini will have firm hand in everything but i doubt it. Many great club have lobies. Manchinis Inter had Brasilians and Argentinians who did not even talk together after the trening. I think that this team have maybe to many players of one country who naturally will stick together on the expense of who , maybe the club. The time will tell. Some times it is good to be from outside so you see things easier. Because you all are just concentreted on you team win that you just not see some small things. I for one did not saw in this 6,7,8 games Navas have ONE just ONE good assist for Dzeko. I am ready to bet with anyone that in next 8 it will be the same. Is it normal that a winger dont try to found tallest striker not once in lets say 5 games they played together. He was shooting behind him in front him to, not one single time quality ball to him in 5 games. I was watching very in details all of those games. I knew the first day that city have signed a combo from the SAME team ( and who plays in the same national side ) of attacker and winger that they will 95 % looking firstly of each other and it proved that way. There is nothing that coach can do about it really if players have strong agreement. All he could of done is to not buy that combo IF it was hiss call anyway . I can only say to you for the last time that Dzeko is unrecognizable. And i doubt anything can change. Watch next games and you will maybe found out that at least some of this things are true. Navas especially. He doesnt do ONE MISTAKE ( that is one good pass, like his life depends on it ). ALL the best wishes to your big club and thank you all for be so patient with me, because i know i was a pain in the ass.

What the fuck was Pellegrini thinking with that starting line-up?! No change after half an hour when it was obvious we needed an extra man in the midfield?...I knew it was a mistake playing Richards and don't get me started on Hart....Fuck me I don't mind getting beat by a class team but why make it so fucking easy.

johnmc said:
daxman said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:
Negatives wrong time to play two full backs who've missed so much game time...It showed Richards stood off for the first Clichy was asleep for the 2nd and AWOL for the 3rd.

Hart's "errors" are being over analysised though.

Positives Negredo showed he has the first touch and close control that Dzeko could only dream of Silva looked sharp despite being out.
Nothing wrong with the fullback changes. Clichy was very good, everything considered. Had that been Kolarov out there, Robben would have killed him, and he probably would have gotten a red out of frustration. Micah worked hard. Butfor the most part, they passed us into a comma.

Clichy was very good? Is this a pisstake?

Our positional play when defending defied belief sometimes tonight.

All three goals were gifts but they could have had many more.

Clichy like alot of our side had a night to forget.

I just hope we start to get things right in the premiership , we are leaking goals like a sive now.

We have to change our set up , what we are trying to achieve won't work in the premiership and certainly won't work in Europe partly because we don't have the side with the ability to make it work.

Re: CL Qualification

BLUEMATT23 said:
micky_blue said:
We will still qualify for the knockout phase.

wins at home against CSKA and Plezen gives us 9 points.

Even if we don't get anything in Moscow, 9 points may well be enough, if not last game in Munich when they have already won the group..

Lets hope so

Do we want to qualify after tonight?

Shit performance and no joke, if we are going to play like this, we might better take Europa route and add silverware.

Totally buttfucked.

i feel like i did when we were really shit.

BayernMan said:
That goal from Negredo,that misunderstanding at the middle which caused Boateng the red card,destroyed my happyness about this total domination over City in their own stadium.A game that should be at least 0-5 went 1-3 and for a bit we were near to 2-3.

Whatever... Bayern overall today was fantastic,pure class,I can't say much,City looked like a 2nd division team,there were not much to discuss except our own mistakes for the final 10' minutes this shouldn't happen again.

Why don't you go and stand in a chippy.

Chin Up.

this is what i should've written after last year's defeat to Real, but was a bit deluded after PL win. a year later, i have reevaluated several things and eventually came up with this.

if we want a team to have a realistic shot at the CL we should start buying us actual Rolls Royce players in their prime like Ribery or Iniesta or Ibrahimovic every window, and they will cost 50+ each. it is possible, but i don't want us to do that, and it's not a long-term solution.

also it's a nice bonus to have a storied academy like Bayern do which just produces a gem every couple years, and this will come to be, but in 10-15 years at least.

you have to be a Rolls Royce club to win the CL nowadays. even fucking Chelsea is one, after years of domestic success and buying huge names year after year. a freak year like that one when Porto won it all doesn't prove otherwise. even Rolls Royces break down some times, and it's a complete pain in the ass to fix them, much more than your rusty battered Vauxhall.

we have a long long way to go, it may take a decade or two, but we will eventually get there, i'm confident. but for now, let's stop pretending that we have a shot. let's build from the basement, as in getting used to win the league repeatedly. at this point i don't need any CL success to be content with what City is doing. just let's be stronger and keep our self-esteem reasonably high. i'm 100% sure that we will get shit hot later in the year and rip the PL a new arsehole. we're just too good not to.

in another news, world hasn't exploded tonight.

Pellegrini had an absolute mare tonight. Got everything wrong.

Anyone could have seen we needed someone else in midfield as early as about 5 minutes into the match. Aguero poses a problem in these games as he's our main man and it seems like no matter what he has to play. Whereas if we had a manager with some balls and a bit of tactical nous he would've known that a midfield 3 was required with a genuine target man up front.

Then to cap it all off did the classic "change it when the games lost" bullshit that anyone could do after we got destroyed in midfield for 70 minutes.

Playing 4-1-3-2 tonight was worse than Mancini playing 3-5-2 last season in my opinion.

Getting rid of Mancini was the right thing to do, but it's looking like appointing Pellegrini is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

ZZmaestro said:
Well, curtains are falling.
Simply put, Munich and top tier CL teams are still no match for any PL team, yes i mean English Premier League fxxxxing teams, no contest at all.

First, their level of athletic feats and pace is beyond our reach.
Secondly, their players are globally worldclass material, it's far from being the case about us ( minus the likes of Vinnie and Yaya ).
Last but not least, Pep is ten time the tactical and men manager the likes of Pellers and Bob Mancini will ever be.

Last pin in the coffin, i'm affraid our late goal performance just happened while they subbed Schwensteiger and let their foot off the gas pedal, just like us against the scums at the 60min mark...

Still, tonight shines as a paradygm shift moment for us, many things to adress when it's still time to :

Joe, not good enough to lift us to the grouds we are shooting for, drop him or sign in some real competition for him.
2 men midfield: while it works in PL against law tier opposition, we get atrociously flooded against physical teams => play 3 men for life sake
2 strikers up front in CL : rubbish
Dzeko as a starter : doesn't do half the work Aguerro / Tevez were doing at tiering defenses, play him at 70' mark
We miss Silva big time, get match fit asap David, please.
We threw £100M,while Monaco and PSG bought .... Q U A L I T Y and L E T H A L weapons in the likes of Cavani and Falcao ,
which names will bring fear from the ones we signed lately, hum ?

A few things I'd agree with there, but sort your spelling out ffs. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.