City vs Bayern Munich Post match Thread

GXCity said:
They were better than us, end of.

We tried to press them for the first 10 minutes, so they passed it round us. We backed off, they passed it round us. Not due to lack of effort or commitment, they are just better.

The problem we have is that we aren't classed as one of the lesser teams and as such they never underestimate us. We are unlikely to see a Celtic v Barca upset until we are at the same level, and then it won't be classed as an upset.

No shame in the performance tonight though.

Silva on his cameo will destroy Everton.

And back off Pellegrini, he decided to go for it, no shame in that after we took apart the Rags. I too was confident before the game and if the manger isn't then who will be?

fair enough deciding to go for it before the game but surely to god he could see it wasn't working after 10 mins and should have changed it. If Silva could only do 20 mins why not bring Milner on and push Yaya higher up ?

GXCity said:
They were better than us, end of.

We tried to press them for the first 10 minutes, so they passed it round us. We backed off, they passed it round us. Not due to lack of effort or commitment, they are just better.

The problem we have is that we aren't classed as one of the lesser teams and as such they never underestimate us. We are unlikely to see a Celtic v Barca upset until we are at the same level, and then it won't be classed as an upset.

No shame in the performance tonight though.

Silva on his cameo will destroy Everton.

And back off Pellegrini, he decided to go for it, no shame in that after we took apart the Rags. I too was confident before the game and if the manger isn't then who will be?
I think from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half Pellegrini had given the players what for for that pitiful 1st half.

We have no belief. Perhaps understandable given our record in Europe

We will get nowhere in Europe until we top conceding suicidal goals, and we wont stop conceding stupid goals until we prove ourselves in Europe. Bit of a vicious circle

CSKA Moscow home and away is the chance to break out

Not bothered too much about losing to possibly the best team football has seen, but why can't we rise to the occasion?

Where are our so called leaders?

Players like Dzeko for me are finished as Manchester City players. You need hunger in football, and yes he scores his quota of goals but he doesn't do enough. Not the only player with question marks against them, but he's the glaringly obvious

Time for Pellegrini and City to get serious and start winning week after week.

You don't become a Bayern Munich overnight. It needs earning and a team that can dominate possession away at Villa and Cardiff and lose both clearly doesn't have the mental wherewithal to beat Bayern, especially after going a goal down

This is the start of the season

mad4city said:
brian the blue said:
Pellegrini had an absolute mare tonight. Got everything wrong.

Anyone could have seen we needed someone else in midfield as early as about 5 minutes into the match. Aguero poses a problem in these games as he's our main man and it seems like no matter what he has to play. Whereas if we had a manager with some balls and a bit of tactical nous he would've known that a midfield 3 was required with a genuine target man up front.

Then to cap it all off did the classic "change it when the games lost" bullshit that anyone could do after we got destroyed in midfield for 70 minutes.

Playing 4-1-3-2 tonight was worse than Mancini playing 3-5-2 last season in my opinion.

Getting rid of Mancini was the right thing to do, but it's looking like appointing Pellegrini is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

A few years ago, Kompany got sent off & we lost an FA Cup game 2-3 to the rags. Remember it?
If you do, you'll also remember the guy who played for an hour, as a lone striker in a ten man team... Aguero. He was motm.
Pellegrini had a mare tonight. He should never have persisted with two up front.
I think the plan was to give Silva 20 minutes, regardless. Tonight being his season debut, that's probably understandable. How he didn't bring Milner or Garcia on for a striker, 30 minutes in, is beyond me.
Nasty is having a dreadful run of form too. Utd and Villa both benefited from frees he gave away on the edge of the box - and he gifted another in the first half tonight. He's young and he needs a spell out of the limelight. So does Joe Hart, possibly.

Garcia's name should not be within 50 miles of this thread.

He would've got bummed so hard tonight he would've been incontinent for life.

Losing tonight won't effect if we qualify or not. In reality we've got a two legged game v CSKA.

As for tonight, wrong formation and wrong players starting. Nasri (even managed a shithouse foul as he knew he was going off and couldn't be fouled back), Edin continues to frustrate when starting. Should have used Milner from the start and tucked Kun behind Negredo.

That being said we were beaten by a very good side who had official help for most of the first half.

We played the European champions and also by far the best team in Europe who were utterly dominant. The manner of the defeat was extremely disappointing but even a point at home against them would have been an excellent result. We were never going to win this group and our key game was always going to be in Moscow. Anything there and we're through.

fantasy football from bayern.
no shame to get beat from the best football team in the world.
remember what they did to barca ?

Worst City home result in our history in European competition according to SSN, and having witnessed it on TV, I'd say our bottle went on getting hit with a really good punch early doors (I'll ignore the Hart debacle for now). Life is about a bit of metal sometimes and our players have to find that in themselves to replicate the same attitude Munich brought to the Ethiad today. Mentally is key, big occasion is a poor excuse for the talent and pay checks on display.
As for Manual well I'm listening to him now...........

mad4city said:
brian the blue said:
Pellegrini had an absolute mare tonight. Got everything wrong.

Anyone could have seen we needed someone else in midfield as early as about 5 minutes into the match. Aguero poses a problem in these games as he's our main man and it seems like no matter what he has to play. Whereas if we had a manager with some balls and a bit of tactical nous he would've known that a midfield 3 was required with a genuine target man up front.

Then to cap it all off did the classic "change it when the games lost" bullshit that anyone could do after we got destroyed in midfield for 70 minutes.

Playing 4-1-3-2 tonight was worse than Mancini playing 3-5-2 last season in my opinion.

Getting rid of Mancini was the right thing to do, but it's looking like appointing Pellegrini is turning out to be a bit of a disaster.

A few years ago, Kompany got sent off & we lost an FA Cup game 2-3 to the rags. Remember it?
If you do, you'll also remember the guy who played for an hour, as a lone striker in a ten man team... Aguero. He was motm.
Pellegrini had a mare tonight. He should never have persisted with two up front.
I think the plan was to give Silva 20 minutes, regardless. Tonight being his season debut, that's probably understandable. How he didn't bring Milner or Garcia on for a striker, 30 minutes in, is beyond me.
Nasty is having a dreadful run of form too. Utd and Villa both benefited from frees he gave away on the edge of the box - and he gifted another in the first half tonight. He's young and he needs a spell out of the limelight. So does Joe Hart, possibly.
I dont know where this came from. He got beat by one of the best attacking players on the ball, on a breakaway. Other than that he was ok. Dreadful is when you play below your standard. Today he played up to standard considering the circumstance. Had he not given that Freekick, Bayern would have scored. They had just diced us. Kompany, Dihno and Micah included in the 3 player clinical movement and passing. Nasty did the right thing. Sometimes there is no reason to find an excuse to pile on. He was decent today, and better than Kompany against Villa. So certainly doesn't need a rest.

bored at work said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
ZZmaestro said:
Unfortunatly,we are lying to ourselves to let us think that.
We "looked good" because they subbed Schwensteiger, and Robben, and Riberry. We were fighting against the B-team at first gear, mate.

I agree mate, it was actually hard to watch that tonight.

Not strictly true, the extra man in midfield made things much better. Change should have been made after half an hour. Would have been totally different game.

Pretty lie to yourself.
One thing you took out of the equation : their athletic feats and fitness supremacy.
Thats something we won't cope with this year, we just have close to zero players who could put a chalenge in that aspect.
They press quicker than us and outrun us when they need to; their pasing scheme is fluid, quick and unpredictable.

You have to reckognise when you are way out of your depth, and this my friend, is our situation when we look at what a freaking unmercyfull team Munich has turned into.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Mattyc55 said:
Pellegrini completely at fault for tonight.. he killed us before the game even began. 4-4-2 is completely DEAD in Europe (and other than the United game against a shite midfield its not worked once).. we couldnt even get near them in midfield, they had two spare men when Muller dropped in and it was plain to see after 15 minutes that it was not working whatsoever. Once we luckily got in at halftime at 1-0, why the fuck didnt he drag off Dzeko and put Milner in there, pushing Yaya on so we could at least get some sort of grip/fight in midfield. At times in the first half the two central midfielders were 50 yards away from the forwards, it was an absolute comedy act from Pellegrini. I actually felt sorry for Fernandinho because they were literally playing triangles around the poor guy..

All these top teams in Europe play 1 up front: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Dortmund, Juventus, United (rooney tucking in and welbeck from the left), Chelsea, Althetico Madrid, Porto.

Fucking shocking management. However good Bayern were, that supposed tactical genius committed football suicide tonight and along with his keeper, should rightfully take the blame.

Summed up nicely

Nailed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.