City Vs Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

bazzzer said:
good to see nige getting better and better aswell.
+1
Very few back/square passes from him today; actually some great threaded ones.

BB did roll over IMHO but seems we are back to our free flowing best.

Can't point a finger at anyone today, even AJ put in a good shift (and received a pat on the back from the boss).

12 more finals to go...

3-0 up with less than 10 minutes to go and we were still pressing and closing them down early. I loved seeing that.

Not sure how many people will have noticed but what impressed me today was our ball retention, very rarely did we take on the impossible pass and give them the ball back.

Kept it simple, it was majestic.

Edin sometimes gets a slagging on here but always lots of love for him in the etihad. Good performance today. Kola seems desperate to score. Interesting to see Vinny giving Nigel some friendly advice in the 2nd half when Nigel missed an opportunity to make a more direct forward pass.

Rammy Blue said:
Not sure how many people will have noticed but what impressed me today was our ball retention, very rarely did we take on the impossible pass and give them the ball back.

Kept it simple, it was majestic.

Totally agree. The tempo was excellent as well. Really we were a joy to watch.

Serious question is that a record for possession for City

74% today have we ever had more ball? There can't be many teams full stop who have topped that?

2nd half, 2-0 up, front 3 pressing the life out of Blackburn in their own half to win the ball back. Mr Mancini has been watching what Barcelona do without the ball.

Kolarov MOTM for me.

I love the following lines from the official match report on MCFC

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2012/February/City-v-Blackburn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-report ... -Blackburn</a>

It was left to substitute Edin Dzeko, an impact player of genuine menace, to add the icing with an unstoppable header from the outstanding Aleks Kolarov's cross. A last kick in the Balkans for Blackburn, who had no answers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.