City Vs Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

We have to keep games stretched wide like yesterday to give the players more room, Barca try and play through the middle but they always have a player wide which creates space.

Watching that from the first Min, a Zen like calm descended on me, I just knew we were going to win at a canter, got the same feeling with most of our home League games, long may it continue.

It's hard picking a man of the match when the team plays as a unit, everyone did their job and did it well.

Like I said at the start a few seasons ago we dreaded this fixture, yes Blackburn are poor and have had a lot of difficulties not least of all inept owners and manager, but that takes away nothing from our team, it was almost a Barcelona (at their best) performance, onwards and upwards Blues exciting times ahead

Marvin said:
Jumanji said:
Marvin said:
Not a very good defender? Where do you get this from?

Mancini plays him almost as much as Clichy and we have the best defensive record in the Premiership. This keeps getting parroted out without any evidence.
He's a good defender.

BUT (and I'm sure you will agree), he is poor at stopping service into the box as he likes to stand off his opponent. It doesn't surprise me though, because in the Serie A, he wouldn't have to do this as much.
If you think Kolarov stands off his man, watch Clichy
Clichy doesn't mate. Clichy gets in tight on his opposing winger.
This is why Clichy is stastically our best defender at stopping service into the box.

Kolarov for me is good at defending except when it comes to stopping service into the box. I also don't like Kolarov against tricky players (though he did own Nani) because he likes to commit to challenges too early and thus, sometimes gets skinned.

ay64ow.gif

Literally queuing up to score. Literally.

11awfvq.gif

:o))

Marvin said:
BlueCityfan said:
Kolarov might be a poor defender at times but anyone who suggests he would be a better winger needs to look at todays top wingers like Bale, Nani etc...

Kolarov is too clumsy for a winger. Not a good enough dribbler. Not enough pace. A good cross but what's the point if you can't get to a crossing position? And he wouldn't if he was a winger. The reason he gets to cross as a full-back is because he can often make his runs unmarked. That's not gonna happen when you are a winger.
Like Clichy he has the ability to play as a left-sided midfielder. That's effectively what he was doing yesterday.

A wide man's job is to deliver crosses, stretch a defence and maintain possession. You don'y necessarily have to beat a man. Walcott can leave a man for dead, but he can't cross. City's dominant midfield play, means that Kolarov gets the space to deliver his crosses, and they are devastating. They were the highlights of yesterday's performance

Exactly. But i would say he was more of a wing-back than left-midfielder. Just saying that he wouldn't be a good winger. He is a left-back and that's his best position. His runs are only useful when they come from deep. And when there is an attacking player who plays infront of him and creates the space he can run to.

He was very good yesterday.

BlueCityfan said:
good cross but what's the point if you can't get to a crossing position?.
That's a bit daft because maybe he won't beat a man and get into crossing position, but his team mates can get him in a crossing position with a good ball out wide.

Pizarro has done this twice for Kolarov. First in the Fulham game with that long ball that allowed Kolarov to get in behind the defensive line and Kolarov was able to create a great chance.

The second time was in yesterday's game and that led to a goal.

Brilliant game.

Cant believe how little away support there was.
3 goals from 3 strikers. Kolarov deserved MOTM but if he did't get it i think Balotelli should of, he had a cracking match.

Sorry if this question has been covered but what did Balotelli's T-shirt say?

Jase90 said:
Sorry if this question has been covered but what did Balotelli's T-shirt say?

"Raffaela Te Amo" IIRC. Raffaela being his girlfriend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.