City Vs Blackburn Post Match Discussion Thread

I think we can all agree that Aleks has something. Not a very good defender but as a left-winger he could be fantastic. Fantastic at crossing yesterday but a little selfish.

itisrising said:
I think we can all agree that Aleks has something. Not a very good defender but as a left-winger he could be fantastic. Fantastic at crossing yesterday but a little selfish.
Not a very good defender? Where do you get this from?

Mancini plays him almost as much as Clichy and we have the best defensive record in the Premiership. This keeps getting parroted out without any evidence.

I really enjoyed the game yesterday from my perch in CB328. Those diagonal balls that yaya was spraying all over the pitch were downright sexual.

It was clear how much the people around me (and in fact the whole ground) loved Zaba yesterday, put some fantastic tackles in that got a nice applause from where I was sat.

Zaba, NDJ Kolarov probably the 3 MOTMs for me which is odd considering before the game I would have highlighted them as our weak points.

Its a squad game and I think the way that Mancini has got our team used to this rotation, and more often than not they come into the game playing well is just testament to what a fabulous manager and team we have.

Forza Mancini
CTID

Marvin said:
itisrising said:

Mancini plays him almost as much as Clichy and we have the best defensive record in the Premiership. This keeps getting parroted out without any evidence.
He's a good defender.

BUT (and I'm sure you will agree), he is poor at stopping service into the box as he likes to stand off his opponent. It doesn't surprise me though, because in the Serie A, he wouldn't have to do this as much.

Jumanji said:
Marvin said:
itisrising said:

He's a good defender.

BUT (and I'm sure you will agree), he is poor at stopping service into the box as he likes to stand off his opponent. It doesn't surprise me though, because in the Serie A, he wouldn't have to do this as much.
If you think Kolarov stands off his man, watch Clichy

Marvin said:
itisrising said:

I think most people of this forum agree that against a tricky winger, he is exposed and can sometimes lunge into tackles. Defending is evidently not his best quality whilst shooting from distance and crossing are. Your argument is weak as we are rarely threatened on the right wing. The fact is the both us and Lazio fans understood that he wasn't an amazing defender but rather we could play to his strengths and I believe that playing him as a left winger could work out (E.G Wolves CC)

Kolarov might be a poor defender at times but anyone who suggests he would be a better winger needs to look at todays top wingers like Bale, Nani etc...

Kolarov is too clumsy for a winger. Not a good enough dribbler. Not enough pace. A good cross but what's the point if you can't get to a crossing position? And he wouldn't if he was a winger. The reason he gets to cross as a full-back is because he can often make his runs unmarked. That's not gonna happen when you are a winger.

the hate AK gets is because his first job is a defender and imo he is not that good

but a left winger he is actually pretty decent
and if he had a right foot he'd be quality, but he doesn't.

anyways i thought the whole team were excellent even if it was against a poor blackburn side

BlueCityfan said:
Kolarov might be a poor defender at times but anyone who suggests he would be a better winger needs to look at todays top wingers like Bale, Nani etc...

Kolarov is too clumsy for a winger. Not a good enough dribbler. Not enough pace. A good cross but what's the point if you can't get to a crossing position? And he wouldn't if he was a winger. The reason he gets to cross as a full-back is because he can often make his runs unmarked. That's not gonna happen when you are a winger.
Like Clichy he has the ability to play as a left-sided midfielder. That's effectively what he was doing yesterday.

A wide man's job is to deliver crosses, stretch a defence and maintain possession. You don'y necessarily have to beat a man. Walcott can leave a man for dead, but he can't cross. City's dominant midfield play, means that Kolarov gets the space to deliver his crosses, and they are devastating. They were the highlights of yesterday's performance

I honestly don't think Blackburn were as poor as many people are making out. They weren't good, nowhere near it: but I think it's because we were extremely good - that is what made them look so poor.
Had that same Blackburn team been playing anyone else they might have got a draw, but let's be realistic here, we are a fucking formidable team right now, and no one will come to Etihad and have a good game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.