City Vs Bolton Post Match Discussion Thread

LoveCity said:
Two absolutes about City's regular easy home wins.

1. The opposition manager will say the scoreline was quite harsh when it wasn't, and in today's case it flattered them.

2. Journos will say "City beat inept/woeful opponents" when it is often more of a case of us making them look useless.

Ha, that's right every bloody game, I must say it's dour Scottish managers that are the most ungracious

I never once felt under pressre at all today. I thought it was business as usual. We controlled from start to finish. Mario seemed somewhat distracted, but hey - ho he did what he is paid to do. Put the leather sphere in the netted rectangle. Something that £85 million worth of torres and the tinker can't seem to do.

Well done boys.

I only managed to catch the second half but it loooked like a pretty comfortable win. Kolo and Yaya looked like they were enjoying themselves and Kolo should really have had a couple of goals. Vinnie, Joleon and Clichy looked comfortable and i didn't hear Barry's name much either due to the lack of attacking play Bolton offered. I think this was due to pressuring their defence high up the pitch. Credit there goes to the attackers.

A strong, comfortable performance.

johnny crossan said:
any news on Zaba, he went straight off no messing about.

Didn't look to bad to me, either a thigh or groin that he strained when at full tilt early in the first half.

Soldier that he is, it didn't stop him getting a great cross into the box.

I still think we'll do it, but it's going to be mighty close.

Whoever finishes second will still amass over 90 points imo, which is truly astonishing and serves to underline what an absurd comment Paul Merson made when he said we would not win it for five years if we didn't win it this year. City and united are so far ahead of the rest - it's an enormous gap for the rest to bridge.

That is why I do not view finishing as runners-up this season as fatal. This season will be played out repeatedly in future years for the foreseeable.

johnny crossan said:
any news on Zaba, he went straight off no messing about.
In the post match interview on the city website, I think he said it was his hamstring.

Micah's also injured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.