City Vs Borussia Dortmund (CL) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imho this is a must not lose game.

Dortmund will be happy with a point as that would leave them still 3 ahead of us.

I expect Dortmund to play counter attacking football so bearing this in mind I feel we need to make sure we are very well protected so I'd go with 3 central midfielders for the 1st half to keep it tight.

4 at the back. No messing with 3-5-2. No Kolarov unless needed later for set pieces.

It's imperative we dont go behind, as this will play totally into Dortmund's hands.

Aguero and Tevez to start up front. We need their workrate and hustle and bustle to stop Dortmund playing out from the back and starting counters. Both a more mobile than Dzeko and better wih ball into feet than him so they'd give Dortmund more to worry about.

Dzeko has been great recently but doesn't offer this. He'd be excellent to bring on at 70 mins if we need to put aerial ad physical pressure on Hummels and Subotic.

This, for me, is the biggest game so far in our history since the Sheikh. We have a chance to establish ourselves at this level and show we're to be taken seriously.

Pivotal for the whole season imho.

will be bigger test than madrid, even on home turf, me thinks.
i would personally like to see kolarov up front, this is his type of match.

btw......lost my bloody 20+yo scarf in 216 upper last week, gutted !!!!!! ( v afc)
old proper skyblue/white, with original fag burn one end !!
a pint for whoever returns it........i wish ,lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 pointer tonight.........we need points now before too late.....<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:14 am --<br /><br />ps..............come on chinley !!!

alky313 said:
Our aim is 10 points and we must win every game at home.
Not necessarily. If we get 7 pts from our home games, we could easily qualify by getting a win on our travels. In fact, even 2 away draws, making 9 pts in total, may be enough as there are no "weakest links" like there were in last year's group.

kara54 said:
EDisIN said:
But you should take a look on Dortmund's squad. they will park a bus, and you will need The Big ED...

I do not expect Dortmund to park the bus. I'm much more familiar with the German Bundesliga than the Premier League and know Dortmund pretty well. They can actually play any kind of soccer, from parking the bus to attacking from second one. But the only game I can remember them parking the bus was last year in Munich away.

And in the last two years, when they were champions, they started similar to us: first by building a solid defense and just then concentrating on the attack. And imo their defense is their real strength. It's just damn hard to score against them. And they don't have to park the bus for that. But they are getting better and better in the attack, too.

Now, this year there are also similarities between us and them: Both started with too many draws, both score many goals, but both also concede more than expected. As for the experience in the international football, our players are much more experienced. But as a club they have richer history. And we both have to make amends for the last year's performances.

Taking it all into account, I really do not expect Mr. Klopp to park the bus, especially with our latest weaknesses in the defense. I'd rather expect us to attack more in the first half an hour, and then it depends how the game will develop, but imo it'll be a tight one. And for sure they won't just wait and let us come to their box without fight.

I would say a great game with more than 3 goals and City wins, but with Dortmund to score at least once.

yes, but they are not playin against hoffenheim, they are 3 pts ahead of us, and they are happy with a point tonight. last year they finished CL in group, this year they will do anything to pass this group,so my bets going to park the buss lineup...

We're capable of drawing at Dortmund so a draw tonight would be OK if we can perform better against Ajax than Dortmund

-----------------------Hart------------------------------
----Zab---Komps--Nastasic---Kolorov-------
--Milner..Yaya---Rodwell---Nasri---Clichy---
------------------------Aguero----------------------------

Subs: Wright, Lescot, GazBaz, Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Sinclair,

This is the starting 11 I would go with...Not the most adventurous line up we could pick I agree, but but as Dortmund are known as a, young speedy, counter attacking side, I Wouldn't start the game with two attacking midfielders..... if we're careless & lose possession, high up the pitch, (as has happened, to our cost, more than once in recent weeks) we can't afford to have them breaking on us at pace, and in numbers, thru the middle of the field

We have to be cautious early on, solid in midfield, and play with an orthodox back four, rather than be too gung-ho early on.... Hence the reason why I personally wouldn't start silver in this one. (Tin hat's on ready for plenty of flack!!)

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:
-----------------------Hart------------------------------
----Zab---Komps--Nastasic---Kolorov-------
--Milner..Yaya---Rodwell---Nasri---Clichy---
------------------------Aguero----------------------------

Subs: Wright, Lescot, GazBaz, Tevez, Dzeko, Silva, Sinclair,

given Dortmund are known as a, young speedy, counter attacking side,

Given that,you'd still play Kolarov?? His best games are against teams who have no attacking threat so he can swan about at his leisurely pace without concerning himself with the art of defending.

Anyone who thinks a draw will be good enough is high on something because it won't be and we will end up finishing third in the group if we don't win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.