City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

citymad said:
chabal said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Support was very poor today especially first half. Think the fans expected an easy win like the players did.

Burnely fans outsang us comfortably and the Burnley players outplayed us for long stretches.

The atmosphere when a mistake was made especially with Kolarov really got to the players, the team simply couldn't settle down and get a passage of play going. Credit Burnley they deserved the point and possibly should've won.

That's very sad. The one (and only) thing I like about the dipper fans is that they still whip out their singing and chanting (as annoying as fuck as it is) when winning or when they're losing. I don't get why some of the fans at our games are pessimistic and some others cocky. We're not a small club but we need to cheer the lads on when they're doing well.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
cleavers said:
I would have put Nasri a bit higher as he was involved in both goals.

Demichellis a 5, zab a 6, Milner a 4 bit the others were about right.

Nasri and Silva were the two biggest attacking threats today, as they have been in last several games. Nasri should never have been subbed off with no Yaya in the back. Pellegrini took it too easy today. I thought he had moved beyond this attitude after the poor moscow performances. The silver lining is that in his post-match speech he sounded like he understood just hope it sinks in because we can't afford to drop any more points at home.

Rawk-esque this place nowadays.

2nd game in 3 days with a depleted squad lads. Still 3 points from Chelsea with half the season remaining. We will have another 1 or 2 days like today as we did when we won the league!

cleavers said:
Very poor performance today, wrong team, yaya should play every game he's available for, we pay him not IC. He was badly missed. Didn't help that Kolorov was abysmal, Fernando not much better, Joe a plank, Milner a headless chicken, and zab gave away the stupid free kick that gifted them the equaliser (though it should have been defended), after we slept our way into the second half.

Burnley should have got all three points that they deserved, you can't take teams easy at this level, and we were hopelessly guilty of that today, a number need a kick up the arse after that.

Hart 5
Kolorov 3
Demechelis 6
Mangala 5
Zab 5
Silva 7
Nasri 5
Fernando 4
Fernandhino 6
Navas 6
Milner 5

Jovetic 5

Lampard and Sinclair pointless, no impact at all.

Make Kolorov a 4 and Nasri a 6 and you're spot on. Pellers tried to close the game down, took Nasri off wrongly and failed to motivate the team, hence a 5 (normally he's a steady 7/8)

So incredibly frustrating, a rare chance to go within a point of top and that happens? Burnley were the better team, especially 2nd half and I wouldn't have begrudged them the win. We rarely threatened their keeper - I can only think of 1/2 chances where we forced a save. For a team like ours against a team like Burnley, that just isn't good enough.

Kolarov was just awful. Mangala, who for me has improved recently, was all over the place. Silly tackles, diving in and being outfoxed by a Burnley touch to take him out of the game to name a couple. Felt at the time that he shouldn't have taken Nasri off, he was one of our better players imo. Take the offside out of the equation and their 1st goal is just pathetic all round. Not seen it again but I couldn't actually believe how it had gone in!

The Yaya one baffles me. I don't understand how a player can pick up a muscle injury on Friday, and be back for the Thursday if we believe MP. I think he was rested, for some odd reason, as he thought we could win comfortably without him, and said he was injured just to cover it up afterwards. For those who say he'd be on the bench if he was being rested, Zaba wasn't away at Leicester. Not until Dzeko got injured anyway.

What does concern me is how we regularly take our foot off the gas when dominating a game. Today, CSKA away, West Brom (although conditions did play a part), United. Then theres the likes of Fulham and WBA away last season. That's just off the top of my head, id imagine there's others I can't think of. I don't see us as a team who can see out games well enough, we still give teams chances when 2/3 goals up. Suppose that doesn't matter as long as we win, but there'll be games like today where we're punished.

Luckily, we're as we were before the game, but if we constantly throw away commanding positions we won't win anything this season.

we need to get over it what was remain in the past we need to look at the future and the next stop is sunderland and i hope we don't repeat the same mistake like today and try to maintain the same level of concentration for the entire game

borassic said:
Rawk-esque this place nowadays.

2nd game in 3 days with a depleted squad lads. Still 3 points from Chelsea with half the season remaining. We will have another 1 or 2 days like today as we did when we won the league!
Yep, but I think this time 86 points won't be enough. It will be very close to 90 or even just over 90. Which means we will have to make up for these dropped points away from home, which is difficult. Of course Chelsea could collapse and about 85 points could be enough to win title, but I very much doubt it. This is mainly the main concern I have over these dropped home points (7).

2 points better off now compared to last season, if we get same amount of points in the 2nd part of the season as last season, we would get 88 points, which would be very tight. Considering the fact that we have yet to visit Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Goodison Park & White Hart Lane. Chelsea only have to visit Emirates, but then again Chelsea have trickier home fixtures than us but I would prefer easier away games on paper.

These points dropped at home could be very very costly, certainly cannot drop a single point at home anymore. If these points would be the first dropped at home, then it wouldn't bother me much.

Also I can't understand why City take foot off the gas so regularly when dominating, its like playing into opponents hands and its costing us too many points per season. Under Mancini this happened as well. It should be the opposite, put more pressure into opposition when dominating, but instead we give them hope. The likes of Bayern, Madrid, Barca & Chelsea hardly take foot off the gas when dominating.

bluemanc1994 said:
So incredibly frustrating, a rare chance to go within a point of top and that happens? Burnley were the better team, especially 2nd half and I wouldn't have begrudged them the win. We rarely threatened their keeper - I can only think of 1/2 chances where we forced a save. For a team like ours against a team like Burnley, that just isn't good enough.

Kolarov was just awful. Mangala, who for me has improved recently, was all over the place. Silly tackles, diving in and being outfoxed by a Burnley touch to take him out of the game to name a couple. Felt at the time that he shouldn't have taken Nasri off, he was one of our better players imo. Take the offside out of the equation and their 1st goal is just pathetic all round. Not seen it again but I couldn't actually believe how it had gone in!

The Yaya one baffles me. I don't understand how a player can pick up a muscle injury on Friday, and be back for the Thursday if we believe MP. I think he was rested, for some odd reason, as he thought we could win comfortably without him, and said he was injured just to cover it up afterwards. For those who say he'd be on the bench if he was being rested, Zaba wasn't away at Leicester. Not until Dzeko got injured anyway.

What does concern me is how we regularly take our foot off the gas when dominating a game. Today, CSKA away, West Brom (although conditions did play a part), United. Then theres the likes of Fulham and WBA away last season. That's just off the top of my head, id imagine there's others I can't think of. I don't see us as a team who can see out games well enough, we still give teams chances when 2/3 goals up. Suppose that doesn't matter as long as we win, but there'll be games like today where we're punished.

Luckily, we're as we were before the game, but if we constantly throw away commanding positions we won't win anything this season.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!!............"but if we constantly throw away commanding positions we won't win anything this season"

I've got news for you......we don't constantly throw away commanding positions.

I'm totally devastated by this awful display today. I thought we would win comfortably with a 2-0 lead at half time.
Total disregard for Burnleys guts and willingness to keep at it. Tbh we were lucky to get a draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.