City vs Burnley Post Match Thread

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I really don't understand us sometimes at home. Certainly no lack of fan support, the etihad was generally loud and supportive this afternoon. But we got 2 goals against a team that parked a two buses in front of goal the first 20 min.. Then we started to get slow rest of the game and got lazier in defending. Either keep pressing or defend.

It would have been amazing if Kompany was back today, it was his leadership in the back that was required more than anything. And Yaya was clearly missed as well. He can create those chances and intimidate defenders at the same time.

Support was very poor today especially first half. Think the fans expected an easy win like the players did.

Burnely fans outsang us comfortably and the Burnley players outplayed us for long stretches.

Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Tommy_Catons_Perm said:
I said to my my pal who is a Burnley fan that there is good chance you will score from a set piece because we give far too many free kicks away.
It nearly happened against Palace but we got away with it then. Why is Mangala in particular so stupid ? Always trying to win the ball from behind
and invariably fouling ? Sometimes he tries to do the impossible and jump up and over a player to head the ball ? Thick !

Burnley had the ball causing no threat and Magala or Fernando near the end barging in and giving up a free kick as if to say -"come on Burnley try to score !"

But surely it is easy to eradicate - just hold off

Completely agree; Footballers are generally stupid, and when emotionally charged with pulse rates touching 190bpm, they verge on moronic!

It's behaviour and decision making in such situations that separate the likes of Ramos from Mangala! Unfortunately, the purchase of Mangala looks like a mistake, and no amount of coaching will stop him doing rash things in the heat of the moments.

In short, he will prove at times of high pressure, a potential liability for years to come.

Hmm. How old is Mangala ? I thought it would be an easy thing to improve on. I suppose time will tell.

It happened to Richards, you cant teach finesse and calmness under adversity. Not writing him off because he's put in a few good displays but I'm worried he might be a Micah mark2, all power and aggression.

cleavers said:
Very poor performance today, wrong team, yaya should play every game he's available for, we pay him not IC. He was badly missed. Didn't help that Kolorov was abysmal, Fernando not much better, Joe a plank, Milner a headless chicken, and zab gave away the stupid free kick that gifted them the equaliser (though it should have been defended), after we slept our way into the second half.

Burnley should have got all three points that they deserved, you can't take teams easy at this level, and we were hopelessly guilty of that today, a number need a kick up the arse after that.

Hart 5
Kolorov 3
Demechelis 6
Mangala 5
Zab 5
Silva 7
Nasri 5
Fernando 4
Fernandhino 6
Navas 6
Milner 5

Jovetic 5

Lampard and Sinclair pointless, no impact at all.

I would have put Nasri a bit higher as he was involved in both goals.

Demichellis a 5, zab a 6, Milner a 4 bit the others were about right.

chabal said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
I really don't understand us sometimes at home. Certainly no lack of fan support, the etihad was generally loud and supportive this afternoon. But we got 2 goals against a team that parked a two buses in front of goal the first 20 min.. Then we started to get slow rest of the game and got lazier in defending. Either keep pressing or defend.

It would have been amazing if Kompany was back today, it was his leadership in the back that was required more than anything. And Yaya was clearly missed as well. He can create those chances and intimidate defenders at the same time.

Support was very poor today especially first half. Think the fans expected an easy win like the players did.

Burnely fans outsang us comfortably and the Burnley players outplayed us for long stretches.

The atmosphere when a mistake was made especially with Kolarov really got to the players, the team simply couldn't settle down and get a passage of play going. Credit Burnley they deserved the point and possibly should've won.

cleavers said:
Very poor performance today, wrong team, yaya should play every game he's available for, we pay him not IC. He was badly missed. Didn't help that Kolorov was abysmal, Fernando not much better, Joe a plank, Milner a headless chicken, and zab gave away the stupid free kick that gifted them the equaliser (though it should have been defended), after we slept our way into the second half.

Burnley should have got all three points that they deserved, you can't take teams easy at this level, and we were hopelessly guilty of that today, a number need a kick up the arse after that.

Hart 5
Kolorov 3
Demechelis 6
Mangola 5
Zab 5
Silva 7
Nasri 5
Fernando 4
Fernandhino 6
Navas 6
Milner 5

Jovetic 5

Lampard and Sinclair pointless, no impact at all.

I would have put Nasri a bit higher as he was involved in both goals.

Demichellis a 5, zab a 6, Milner a 4 bit the others were about right.
Nasri was one of our better players today .
Navas was back to being poor though I would give him a 4 .
Most of the others your right .

jimharri said:
kinkysleftfoot said:
I thought the Burnley forwards were outstanding. Suckered mangala into making fouls by backing in to him and running their hearts out for the team. Second half silva tired dye to the work he put into the first half due to ya ya missing. Kolorov shocking as was Fernando

Mangala is easily tricked that's for sure. Way too many fouls today.
He's still extremely raw and a little naive in his decision making. Unfortunately, with Kompany injured at the moment, we don't have that much choice at the back apart from Boyata (Nastasic is apparently persona non grata as far as the manager is concerned). Who would you rather have in the side?

I actually like mangala and can see the raw talent in him but needs to wise up soon

strangely enough for all the experience we had on the park today, where was our leaders? Not one of them seemed to be rallying them

My thoughts on the second half performance in a nutshell Below We are trying to win the game so we bring on Sinclair? Also didn't get the Nasri sub..

tumblr_lpvrvgomqu1qbhtrto1_500.gif

That said, offside goal given and free kicks handed out like confetti we had no chance, the yellow shown to Silva for decent said it all..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.