City Vs Chelsea FA Community Shield Pre Match thread

City v Chelsea prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep usually pursues trophies - e.g., last year we fielded strong teams in the League Cup. And our squad has a lot of depth, so we can afford to pursue multiple cups/trophies.

For sure the Community Shield counts for much more than the stupid International Champions Cup - but it's still closer to a glorified friendly than something we'd actually value winning. And... this is a World Cup year with numerous players just returning from WC duty. Add to the mix that we've got Arsenal as our first match in the PL.

All said, I suspect that we field a so-so team, giving some minutes to key starters in the 2nd half.

I hope we win... but I doubt that we'll try very hard for victory.
===
Chelsea under a new manager - squad rested - victory would be a moral boost going into the season. Chelsea start the league with Huddersfield. All said, I suspect that Chelsea will put a bit more emphasis on this cup than we do.

Just bought 2 tickets only had £20 tickets left yet said we sold circa 22k.

Bravo
Fernandinho Garcia Laporte Mendy
Bernardo Gundogan Foden
Mahrez Aguero Sane
Something along this lineup.

But maybe Ederson over Bravo - simply b/c Ederson hasn't logged minutes in ages. And maybe not Mahrez - give his injury a bit more time to heal.

As nice as it would be to give the kids more game time we need to look at the bigger picture the season is a week away and the first team players that are back need minutes

I can’t seem to find the game on any channels here in the States. Any help would be appreciated if I missed something on trying to locate the game. I have DirecTV, and just bought an Apple box that hooks up to my tv that gets internet, Netflix and all that other stuff through the tv now, so maybe there’s a way to watch the game still.

I’m changing my mind. I think some of our boys will need minutes before Arsenal.
I’ll go with

Ederson

Delph Otamendi Laporte Mendy

Fernandinho

Mahrez Bernardo Gundogan Sane

Aguero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.