City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
You won't see Hazard and Willian running all over our back 4 tomorrow i'll tell you that ! Pells no fool he won't make such a glaring tactical mistake again he's got too much nous i see us beating them tomorrow nice fresh rested squad,couple of injury and fitness niggles sorted some of our lads who've been playing at less than full sharpness carrying niggles should be nice and fit,please put one up that smug fucker then he might give his self gratifying bullshit a rest !!!! ......................I SAID MIGHT

Exactly lets demolish them or even just beat them cant stand that smug red wannabee.

xenon_ said:
silvasleftleg said:
xenon_ said:
Alright lads <nods>

Thought I'd stay away after last 10 days or so. I know this place can get after big defeats. But, when Chelsea and Arsenal drew, I figured the place will have calmed down :)

(Not that anyone'd miss me or anything, haha)

I feel like we should take this one. the players have a point to prove after last fixture and it would be very unlucky to have another 'bad day at the office' coinciding with Chelsea 'great day at the office.'

Without Fernandinho's mobility and anticipation, I reckon if we play two men in the engine room, they will win the midfield battle again, which will not be good, so we should play with three in the centre instead.

I hope he fields a strong side. We've had the luxury of not playing mid-week, so hopefully that will come into consideration too, and not just the Barca game in the near future.

chelsea didn't win the midfield battle. they pretty much conceded the midfield.

<blinks> O_O

Am I seeing things? Or are you talking about a different City vs Chelsea at the Etihad?

Define midfield, please. And define battle too, if you don't mind.

The "midfield" is the middle of the park.

There was no midfield battle. Chelsea essentially parked the bus and allowed us to have the midfield.<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:45 pm --<br /><br />
birchwoodgingerste said:
CAPTAINKIPPAX said:
You won't see Hazard and Willian running all over our back 4 tomorrow i'll tell you that ! Pells no fool he won't make such a glaring tactical mistake again he's got too much nous i see us beating them tomorrow nice fresh rested squad,couple of injury and fitness niggles sorted some of our lads who've been playing at less than full sharpness carrying niggles should be nice and fit,please put one up that smug fucker then he might give his self gratifying bullshit a rest !!!! ......................I SAID MIGHT

Exactly lets demolish them or even just beat them cant stand that smug red wannabee.

Chelsea is one of the teams we haven't thrashed this season. They have evaded us for too long . They're luck is about to end. Let's open the floodgates on them !

I think we have to play a three-man midfield if we're to keep control of the middle of the pitch. We should go all out to try to win this and hope to recover fitness in a couple of days for Barcelona. Fortunately, they're both home games and the motivation for Barcelona should make returning to 100% easier.

Hart - Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Kolarov - Yaya, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Navas - Negredo

Bench: Pantillimon, Lescott, Clichy, Rodwell, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

Nasri come on at 60 minute mark.

aguerooo93 said:
I think we have to play a three-man midfield if we're to keep control of the middle of the pitch. We should go all out to try to win this and hope to recover fitness in a couple of days for Barcelona. Fortunately, they're both home games and the motivation for Barcelona should make returning to 100% easier.

Hart - Zabaleta, Demichelis, Kompany, Kolarov - Yaya, Garcia, Milner, Silva, Navas - Negredo

Bench: Pantillimon, Lescott, Clichy, Rodwell, Nasri, Jovetic, Dzeko

Nasri come on at 60 minute mark.

I think we will go three in midfield to save an attacking player for Tuesday, plus the fact Milner is banned for Barca so will likely start in this match.

Milner - Garcia - Yaya in midfield for me, Dzeko up top.

I hope all this guff about Pellegrini not changing the system vs Chelsea, is just a smokescreen, and that like Munich, he's learnt, otherwise, with a weakened side, I fear the worst! and another loss! coupled with Barca Tuesday , and we could be officially in "crisis"!!!!
Dzeko is baggage at the moment, we can't carry a player who is not willing to track back and put a shift in like Negredo, especially without Fernandinho and Aguero, not to mention Nasri.
We don't want to draw or lose this game, so I really hope Pellegrini has a tactical ace up his sleeve

If our forwards have their on target shooting boots on instead of blazing them high and wide or past the post like the last couple of games then i am going for a win for us.

It made me sick to my stomach to hear all the media and pundits wanking about 'Jose's master tactical genius' when they beat us last time.It was nothing of the sort.In the first twenty five minutes we had four good chances to score,all missed and they were rattled.They are a top team with quality players and were always going to come back into the game which they did.

They caught us on the break but the way we play most teams do.They had a fair amount of chances but so did we.It was no Jose masterplan just poor finishing from us and a few players missing or carrying injuries end of.

Bewar3them00n said:
I hope all this guff about Pellegrini not changing the system vs Chelsea, is just a smokescreen, and that like Munich, he's learnt, otherwise, with a weakened side, I fear the worst! and another loss! coupled with Barca Tuesday , and we could be officially in "crisis"!!!!
Dzeko is baggage at the moment, we can't carry a player who is not willing to track back and put a shift in like Negredo, especially without Fernandinho and Aguero, not to mention Nasri.
We don't want to draw or lose this game, so I really hope Pellegrini has a tactical ace up his sleeve

The formation might change, but we always try to play in the same style.

We always try to have most of the possession, control the game and mostly play in the opponents half. This is the philosphy.

Did we have most of the possesion ? Yes.

Did we have the game under control ? Yes.

Did we play mostly in their half ? No, we were mostly in the middle of the park. If we want to be concentrated in the final third, we must deploy more than one attacking midfielder. So maybe Toure, Nasri and Silva together, protected by Garcia.

Some people suggested that we should play with only one striker. But we tried playing with one striker at Stamford bridge, it didn't work.

We should play this to confuse maureen

hart
richards vinny dmc clichy
zaba boyata joleon kolaro
javi
pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.