City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I for one felt that Garcia was playing well before he got injured and I definitely wasn't his biggest fan. I'm sure he got a really good reception off the fans at a game just before he got injured.

I'd play him and Milner in the centre today and push Yaya right up so he is running at the Chelsea back 4.

Marvin said:
Mickeylad said:
Why is everyone suggesting Pants in goal? Everyone wants our strongest team in front of goal.
Why not the same in goal. Hart is by far the better keeper. Why player the weaker of the two against one of the best teams in the league?
To be fair to the player, and to keep him on his game should Hart get injured

Can't agree with at all. Hart should be in net. Fuck being "fair" to people. I want to win.

I can see MP fielding a strong team for this one, he quite clearly would love to get one over Mourinho after their recent verbal spats. Win today and we are one match away from another Wembley appearance. I can't see us beating Barca over 2 legs, not being negative, just being realistic. I wouldn't go with Dzeko up front as that didn't work last time out, stick Jovetic up front and see if his increased mobility and pace can trouble them more in defence.

80s Shorts said:
Marvin said:
Mickeylad said:
Why is everyone suggesting Pants in goal? Everyone wants our strongest team in front of goal.
Why not the same in goal. Hart is by far the better keeper. Why player the weaker of the two against one of the best teams in the league?

Can't agree with at all. Hart should be in net. Fuck being "fair" to people. I want to win.
Long term it pays to look after your players

Marvin said:
I hope we play our strongest team today. Don't want to split our resources between both games. That way we will win none.
Exactly how i feel. We'll end up getting beat by barca and then wondering what could gave been in the fa cup. Go full out for both. I mean professional tennis players etc play 3 times a week, they can play with a few days off. Sure they do it in the world cup!!

80s Shorts said:
Marvin said:
Mickeylad said:

I think if he was promised that he would play the fa cup gamra, and hasn't done anything disasterous to fuck it up, he should play. I felt a certain poetic justice when we lost the fa cup final against Wigan, because the pathetic decision to withdraw pant for harte when pant had done well til then. Served manchini right.

toffee balls said:
Manchester_lalala said:
451 with silva in the hole. This gives him more freedom and makes it harder to mark him. He had no chance vs two defensive midfielders when playing in a 442.

Navas yaya Rodwell Milner
Silva
Dzeko

Got to give Rodwell a chance, no point having him if he doesn't get a game. Think that midfield has the perfect balance and dzeko up front saves negredo for barca. Our bench is looking a lot more healthier with jovetic, Nasri and negredo.

How many times.....

We play with 2 up top, END OF.

OK play 2 up front, Silva on the left, let him drift inside and offer no cover for the full back and we`ll get done again.
Start with Silva playing off Negredo to start, with Dzeko replacing him at some time. We`ve got to play Milner in front of the full back to offer help.

Pants
Zab Kompany NDM Kolarov
Navas Yaya Garcia Milner
Silva
Negredo

If Garcia is not fit enough to start push Kolarov forward, Milner into the middle, with Clichy at full back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.