City Vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
keneke1234 said:
can't believe what i'm hearing.. of course we will play our strongest team and no doubt that chelsea will do the same. i say play Komps, Silva, Yaya the hole deal, i want us to smash these bastards and then worry about the Barca game. and don't forget that chelsea doesn't have a midweek game nex week

totally agree.. specially since ill be there to watch it happen : D

Both Terry and Cahill look like they'll be out which is pretty bad for us. Our defence is the key to our success this season. I'm not sure whether Jose will rest players or not but we usually show the FA cup a lot of respect. I'd be happy with a replay.

I think the teams will be the strongest available eleven for both Chelsea & Barcelona. I should think that Nasri & Garcia will be available & therefore in the team.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:14 pm --<br /><br />
Castiel said:
Both Terry and Cahill look like they'll be out which is pretty bad for us. Our defence is the key to our success this season. I'm not sure whether Jose will rest players or not but we usually show the FA cup a lot of respect. I'd be happy with a replay.

Terry & Cahill out is surely a good thing, Luiz would have to play in central defence.

By the way I think the Mirror's article is rubbish because Matic can't play in the CL and Mourinho has already said that is their "rest". If he's fit he'll start. Probably Salah as well. The question is whether players like Hazard, Oscar or Ramires will.

-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:15 pm --

Terry & Cahill out is surely a good thing, Luiz would have to play in central defence.

Good for you, I'm a Chelsea fan!

Castiel said:
By the way I think the Mirror's article is rubbish because Matic can't play in the CL and Mourinho has already said that is their "rest". If he's fit he'll start. Probably Salah as well. The question is whether players like Hazard, Oscar or Ramires will.

-- Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:15 pm --

Good for you, I'm a Chelsea fan!

AH that makes sense.

A cynic I may be, but the worst thing a club needs at this stage of the season is overload, and in view of each club's upcoming C/L ties, I think it's fair to say that on paper Chelsea have an easier game than us. It is fair to say that Chelsea should progress to the next stage whereas City have it all to do against Barca. Placing each competition in merit order, the two domestic competitions are dwarfed by the EPL and the C/L and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Maureen turns out a weakened team as he may not care for the FA Cup, even given Chelsea's record in it, and he'll do this just to make sure that City are tied up with a stamina sapping fixture list for the end of season run in. It could all go wrong because his team might beat ours and it might be Chelsea who end up with a bad run in, but I still wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if his team selection was to give this impression.

moomba said:
Any word on how long for?
Terry was meant to be back for this so not long. Cahill is also just a knock he picked up against West Brom. He hasn't confirmed it either way yet, they could both be available. But if they're doubts I'd rather go with Ivan and Luiz rather than risk long term injuries to both of them in the run-in. That could completely derail us.

I'm no cynic said:
A cynic I may be, but the worst thing a club needs at this stage of the season is overload, and in view of each club's upcoming C/L ties, I think it's fair to say that on paper Chelsea have an easier game than us. It is fair to say that Chelsea should progress to the next stage whereas City have it all to do against Barca. Placing each competition in merit order, the two domestic competitions are dwarfed by the EPL and the C/L and I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if Maureen turns out a weakened team as he may not care for the FA Cup, even given Chelsea's record in it, and he'll do this just to make sure that City are tied up with a stamina sapping fixture list for the end of season run in. It could all go wrong because his team might beat ours and it might be Chelsea who end up with a bad run in, but I still wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if his team selection was to give this impression.

is the EPL a valid name now? Sounds so American

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.